Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Bad light of headlights of a passing light on mine Lexus SC 300.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-06, 03:37 AM
Vadim
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bad light of headlights of a passing light on mine Lexus SC 300.

On mine Lexus SC 300 - a bad passing light of headlights. This machine is made for operation in the USA and went in the USA, where right-hand movement, as well as in Russia.
Illumination of road directly ahead of machine and ahead of the machine on a distance 20 - 30 meters, and also illumination of the right roadside - very bad.
During the весенне-autumn period, especially at a rain, driving during dark time of day on city turns for me to torture. At bad illumination of road by these headlights, headlights also splashes dirty water from under wheels ahead of going machines, that worsens visibility even more. Thus headlights look normal, bulbs of a passing light cost standard, organic glass of a headlight has small scratchs, but remains transparent. You see a photo of my machine after a trip to cold rainy autumn day – here that with it becomes and with its headlights.
One year ago I because of a bad passing light dismantled headlights and have given to polishing on technology of our Russian motorist A.Suhova. Look here - http://arch.zr.ru/articles/234_. After polishing a headlight looked newcomers, but illumination of road has not improved. The new autumn here has come, and my patience has ended.
Now I wish to ask you - whether you have are Americans, remarks on illumination of road by headlights of a passing light - Lexus SC 300/400 in a standard complete set?. Whether satisfies you bad illumination of road by headlights of a passing light - Lexus SC 300/400 in a standard complete set and how you solve this problem?
Attached Thumbnails Bad light of headlights of a passing light on mine Lexus SC 300.-2.jpg  
Old 11-21-06, 08:22 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get a High Intensity Discharge (HID) conversion kit. This will help you increase the amount of light output from your headlight.

Something like this:

Old 11-21-06, 10:58 AM
Vadim
Driver

Default I ask you to express the opinion

Сliffud – greetings! Thanks for attention.
I have read through on pages of club sites, that installation xenon has not solved a problem of sufficient light exposure of road headlights of a passing light. I regret, that I have not informed on it in the letter. I can buy and establish xenon lamps, but I do not do it yet have not found out, why the passing light ofheadlights in particular on Lexus SC 300/400 for the USA and Canada has such bad light.
Owners Тоуота Soarer made for link sided movement on roads on pages internet too inform on bad light of near headlights. Therefore in the first letter has asked members of club - whether they Americans, including you have are remarks on illumination of road by headlights of a passing light - Lexus SC 300/400 in a standard complete set at movement on city streets without illumination from lampposts or at bad illumination from lampposts? Whether this theme on pages in club Was discussed?
I ask you to express the opinion.
Old 11-21-06, 11:33 AM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vadim
Сliffud – greetings! Thanks for attention.
I have read through on pages of club sites, that installation xenon has not solved a problem of sufficient light exposure of road headlights of a passing light. I regret, that I have not informed on it in the letter. I can buy and establish xenon lamps, but I do not do it yet have not found out, why the passing light ofheadlights in particular on Lexus SC 300/400 for the USA and Canada has such bad light.
Owners Тоуота Soarer made for link sided movement on roads on pages internet too inform on bad light of near headlights. Therefore in the first letter has asked members of club - whether they Americans, including you have are remarks on illumination of road by headlights of a passing light - Lexus SC 300/400 in a standard complete set at movement on city streets without illumination from lampposts or at bad illumination from lampposts? Whether this theme on pages in club Was discussed?
I ask you to express the opinion.
Xenon lights will solve the problem
Old 11-21-06, 11:49 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

IronCobra- did your SC also have the problem of low light output from one of the headlights? I'm curious now because I actually noticed the passenger side headlamp of a few SCs here in AZ that don't light up the outer plastic housing as much as the driver's side...

Could it be an adjustment issue that can be modified on the back of the lamp?
Old 11-22-06, 04:37 AM
Vadim
Driver

Default That I do not see ?

Сliffud and IronCobra – greetings! Thanks for attention.
I informed you, that one year ago because of a bad passing light I dismantled headlights and have given to polishing. Headlights after polishing looked newcomers, but illumination of road has not improved. After that I have gone in cаr center Lexus where have checked up adjustment of my headlights of a passing light and have informed me, that headlights are established and adjusted correctly. Now I knew, that headlights have standard lamps and are correctly adjusted, but illumination of road was bad. Then I have checked up the sight - doctors have told, that my eyes too have standard quality.
I inform you, than I am dissatisfied in work of a headlight of a passing light on mine Lexus SC 300. These headlights of a passing light should shine the certain zones ahead of the machine on the certain distance. After I began to doubt of correct work of these headlights, I have closely looked narrowly, that I do not see at the included headlights of a passing light for the speed of 25-50 km/с.:
The road directly ahead of machine when I look from interior too much a cowl of the machine at road is not shined almost. On a distance up to -5 m. before right and before the left headlight the road is shined very badly. That in this zone illumination of road bad, I repeatedly ran into stones in size about a fist to which bulbs for their illumination and which laid on a highway there where the left and right wheel should slide have not been attached. That is I did not see these obstacles for their wheels because of bad illumination of this zone by my headlights of a passing light;
The right roadside of road is not shined on all distance from the right headlight and up to 30 meters ahead of a headlight. The right and left headlights at all do notshine the right roadside. That is these headlights cannot shine the right roadside to which the machine and with which the person most close moves, the cat or a dog can suddenly leave on road;
The road on a distant distance from the right headlight within the limits of up to 30 meters ahead of a headlight is insufficiently shined.Both headlights of a passing light badly shine this zone.
During dark time of day I have approached closely on a wall of the house and have looked, what bunch of light is formed with the right and left headlight of a passing light. It has appeared, that both headlights form a horizontal strip of light in width 0.08-0.10 meters. Opposite to bulbs of both headlights there were two bright light spots. I began to drive off slowly back and to look, how the horizontal strip of light and two central bright light spots changes. Already on a distance of 6 m. the bottom edge of a horizontal strip of light became washed away, not having a precise light line and nothing shining before machine. Two central bright light spots have lost the brightness, but it became visible, that in this place light rises above a little sheathe the top line of a horizontal strip of light. I have driven off on a distance of 9-11 meters, the top and bottom edges of a horizontal strip of light from both headlights have disappeared, any more there were no two bright central light spots. On hay it was visible shapeless horizontal a light spot.
Beside with me the same actions were made by mine the neighbour by Russian machine “Niva“ which has included a passing light of headlights. At it brightness of light at full contact with a wall of the house was, probably, in 10 times above, than at my headlights. Bulbs at it "Halogen" on 65w. The Most important consisted that its headlights brightly shined the general for both headlights a horizontal zone, gave bright border of light and darkness from above this zone of illumination of road, thus from the left and right headlightsin the right party upwards and downwards from the center of a headlight zones of illumination of the right roadside in the form of lying the letter have been brightly shined "У"- ◄. In front of machinethe road has been shined well.
After that I have understood, that headlights of a passing light on mine Lexus SC 300 others than by machine “ Niva “ in spite of the fact that both machines are intended for right-hand movement on roads.
Now before me there was a question, - as Americans concern to such light of headlights of a passing light on them Lexus SC 300/400 and what they do for improvement of illumination of road ?
Here about it I ask you.
Old 11-22-06, 09:32 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

can you post a photo ow how bad these lights shine on the road?
Old 11-22-06, 11:27 AM
Vadim
Driver

Default Reconstruction of a headlight of a passing light on Lexus SC 300.

I wrote to you, that on mine Lexus SC 300, and it is the machine is made for operation in the USA and in Canada where the same right-hand movement, was a bad passing light of headlights. Illumination of road directly ahead of machine and ahead of the machine on a distance 20 - 30 meters, illumination of the right roadside was very bad.
During the весенне-autumn period, especially at a rain, driving during dark time of day on city turned to hassle. At bad illumination of road by these headlights, headlights also splashes dirty water from under wheels ahead of going machines, that worsened visibility even more. Thus headlights looked normally, bulbs of a passing light were standard, organic glass of a headlight had small scratchs, but was transparent. One year ago I because of a bad passing light dismantled headlights and have given to polishing. After polishing a headlight looked newcomers, but illumination of road has not improved. The new autumn here has come, and my patience has ended.
I have decided to look on the Internet of an explanation of the reasons of a bad passing light of headlights on Lexus SC 300 and a way of elimination of this defect.
Has looked discussion of this theme on club sites - Club Lexus-Soarer. Has learned, that the standard of the USA for headlights of a passing light differs from the standard for the Europe. Oneof authors directly and has specified – “ USA the standard of optics (not ours, not Japanese, not European) - in general without a precise direction of a light bunch ”. Has precisely estimated, to object there is nothing.
However further acquaintance with publications on this theme has shown, that the problem of bad light exposure of road headlights of a passing light exists and for owners Тоуота Soarer intended for link sided movement, but not only in Russia with its right-hand movement, together with for owners of these machines in Australia, England, the USA and Japan, where left-hand movement.
The first has made a picture album on dismantle, disassembly and a sink of internal parts of a headlight on Тоуота Soarer our colleague of Australia (the name is not opened) - http://soarer.ace.net.au/index.html. This material contains the description of works on a sink of internal details of a headlight and polishing of glass, but does not contain the detailed description of works on disclosing the case of a headlightthough it is specified that it is made by means of heating.
From the enclosed photos follows, that the headlight of a passing light consists of three elements - actually cases of a headlight with lens the block of formation of a light bunch, decorative mirror glassy panel and external glass.
Has in more detail described a way of disclosing of the case of a headlight our colleague from Ekaterinburg - Ura which too has made a picture album on dismantle, to disassembly and a sink of a headlight on the Тоуота Soarer. Ura in more detail with demonstration of photos has described works on disclosing a headlight by heating with use of an industrial hair drier (a thermal gun) –
{http://www.e1.ru/fun/photo/view_album.php?id=30418&pic=9211750437eb18ffecdf699b1149cdfc&page=1#top}
This description of works contains more information on what and as it is necessary to heat up and separate glass of a headlight from the case.
My headlight was pure inside - a photo - 1, 2, therefore I did not see sense to open a headlight, only that it to wash from within.
I have continued searches - and here success. I have found the fresh publication with photos of ours of the colleague from Moscow - (the name is not opened) in which it has described reconstruction drapes lens the block of formation of a light bunch of a headlight of a passing light for improvement of light exposure on the Тоуота Soarer - http://soarer.ru/rus/modules.php?nam...iewtopic&t=998.
This reconstruction was justified and necessary as has shown also my experience. Reconstruction of the block of formation of a light bunch was reduced to that the sizes of cracks at protecting drapes therefore the zone of illumination extended increased, intensity of a light bunch starting with a headlight increased.
Reconstruction of the block of formation of a light bunch is reduced to that the sizes of cracks at protecting drapes therefore the zone of illumination extends increase, intensity of a light bunch starting with a headlight increases.
ì-yes, and children from the countries with link sided movement, and have not guessed the original reason bad light reflect headlights of a passing light on Тоуота Soarer.
Now I needed to perform only these works on headlights of mine Lexus SC 300. I have performed works on reconstruction drapes lens the block of formation of a light bunch of a headlight of a passing light. Quality of a light bunch with the same standard lamps has increased in some times! – I do not exaggerate. Light exposure began to satisfy completely me on brightness, on illumination of obligatory zones of road and, in particular, the right roadside. Management of machine at night has ceased to be strained, night trips have not revealed the negative attitude of drivers of counter machines to light of my reconstructed headlights of a passing light. The effect from the done work on reconstruction of a light bunch of a headlight of a passing light has surpassed my expectations.
Despite of the specified publications, I before carrying out of these works, did not have not enough information how to heat up and how to open a headlight and I tested uncertainty, beginning these works with the right headlight. I felt, that I throw in “ the river not knowing ford ”. However “ the boldness of city takes ”.
Now I wish to acquaint you with features of these works even before their realization by you, considering, that they are not described by pathbreakers and my predecessors at carrying out of these works.
I lower the description of dismantle of headlights from the car as I consider, that they it is good and are in a pointed manner presented in works and in photos of Australian and Ural owners Тоуота Soarer.
And so headlights are removed from the machine. After that works with headlights I spent all in an apartment.
Sink of a headlight.
Headlights dirty in that part which is hidden from eyes by a body of the machine, especially from the bottom part - a photo - 3, 4, 5. Headlights need to be washed. We prepare for a soft sponge, a tooth-brush or a brush similar to it, a washing-up liquid “Feri”. Not taking out from a headlight all three bulbs, we overturn a headlight glassdownwards, and it is accurate, so that water has not become numb and has not got in installation sites of lamps and in drainage apertures of cooling of a headlight we wash a headlight with brushes and a sponge under a weakjet of warm water from under the crane (where it is more convenient, in bathing or in a bowl) then we wipe a headlight rags not changing position of a headlight. Now by a damp napkin it is wiped that part of a headlight which was not exposed to a sink and repeatedly dry it is wiped all headlight.
The headlight is washed and dried up. We delete from a headlight all bulbs and we put it on a table on a rag napkin.
Now a headlight pure and it it is possible to hold confidently in hands. Closely consider a zone of a joint of glass with the case of a headlight. These details are connected not only hermetic (mastic), but also spring brackets from above and from below headlights and to three screw. These brackets and screw you remove a screw-driver - a photo - 7.
Features of a design of a headlight, its heating and disassembly.
You see, that in some places hermetic (mastic) of grey color has acted from a zone of a joint. This mastic needs to be removed even before heating, simple to cut using for this purpose a small screw-driver. Do it by wavy (vibrating) movements of a screw-driver, that considerably will reduce its quantity the racer and scratchs on your hands and a headlight.
Special attention turn on a narrow part glassy headlights – nose a zone where the bulb of a passing light is established, together with on its wide part where two assembly pins by means of which the headlight fastens to the case of the machine act.
With a zone of a joint of glass with the case of a headlight we should work carefully to heat up not overheating a headlight and hermetic (mastic) connecting these details of a headlight, to separate glass and the case of a headlight not having damaged each ofthem and, in particular to joins units, to prevent hit warm hermetic inside of a headlight, in particular on decorative mirror glassy panel and external glass of a headlight from within - a photo - 11.
Be not surprised, it is valid on mirror glassy panel in a local zone of installation of an orange bulb of the index of turn the second glass which increases light reflect this bulb - a photo - 12 is established. The dimensional bulb too is in a glass case which all fastens to the same mirror glassy panel. You will see them as soon as separate decorative mirror glassy panel and external glass of a headlight to which it is attached.
Decorative mirror glassy panel has two tongue in a wide face part and one screw with which it incorporates to external glass of a headlight - a photo - 13, 14. This detail complex, but the main thing it fragile. It cannot be taken a hand even in a glove for smooth surfaces to not leave fat spots, to not scratch a smooth surface, to not bend metal under chrome thin plates mirror light reflect connected with it. To hold it conveniently and reliably from the back party for a glass into which the bulb of the index of turn enters.
You see, that hermetic (mastic) connecting has flown down also the case of a headlight, are hidden in this connection and we cannot directly heat up it. We shall heat up a joint of glass and the case of a headlight. They will transfer heat to the mastic connecting them. This process will be stretched in time - we in fact do not pursue the purpose of fusion of glass and the case of a headlight or their firing.
Warms glass and the case of a headlight will transfer heat to mastic and it becomes viscous, viscous instead of liquid. You sweep up it on ledges of mastic which will start to shine in some places, here during this moment and it will be necessary to begin separation of these details by hooks - a photo - 53. Or a wide screw-driver in a zone of a fillet on the case of a stack in nose zone parts of a headlight.
The tool.
It is required to you:
Industrial hair drier - a photo - 8. It we shall heat up a zone of a joint of the case of a headlight and glass;
Gloves cotton. They will be necessary for us for deduction of hot glass of a headlight at its detachment from the case;
In advance made by you from spring a wire thickness no more than 3 mm. Hooks - a photo - 53. These hooks you make the first separation of the case of a headlight and glass in nose to a zone and the subsequent separations;
The small chromeplated screw-driver - a photo - 7, for removal of hermetic from a joint even before heating, and as duplicating means for separation of the case of a headlight and glass, and also for the subsequent to clean zones of a joint from unnecessary mastic;
Stupid knife from the corrosion-proof polished steel with a smooth bend nose. Hermetic (mastic) after heating will keep viscosity even then when will accept temperature of a room in which you work, but will indissolubly not stick together to a knife which you will be it to clean from internal and external parts of external glass of that it badly sticks to the polished metal;
Uait-spirit - a photo - 29 for dissolution of the rests of mastic on to join unit of the case of a headlight, on glass of a headlight,on decorative mirror glassy panel;
Shtungel-compasses - to it you will spend measurements;
To pull and to trow on keys on 12, 10, 8 mm.
The hair drier which you see on a photo - 8, has two modes of heating. We shall use only the first mode of heating. Include a hair drier and direct it on the palm - now you feel thermal intensity of a hair drier. Start to drive a hair drier lengthways palm to define on what distance from a headlight it is necessary to hold a muzzle of a hair drier, and with what speed you will drive a hairdrier on a headlight and to carry out its heating, constantly moving a hair drier along a zone of heating - a joint of the case of a headlight and glass. You will hold a muzzle of a hair drier approximately in- 3 see from to join unit.
We not Shelve meni hends, therefore it is desirable to have only at a stage of separation of the case of a headlight and glass four hands, that is the second assistant.
Disassembly of a headlight.
Delete with to join unit of the case of a headlight even before heating the acted mastic of grey color, simple to clean wavy movements of a screw-driver. Surpluses of mastic are removed.
Your assistant should hold a headlight at heating by glass upwards to prevent to leak warm mastics on decorative mirror glassy panel which is the closest to to join to unit and external glass.
Now you have included a hair drier and have begun slow heating to join unit with nose parts and up to a wide part of a headlight on a circle, focusing warmly in a greater measure in nose parts and till 2/3 lengths of a headlight aside its wide part. Your assistant should turn a headlight, promoting you in its heating, but should not change its position by glass upwards.
The case of a headlight is made too of plastic of black color. However it, probably, has a greater stock of temperature stability, than mastic, therefore up to the necessary consistence mastic, instead of the case of a headlight earlier is warmed up. However if heating will be excessive plastic of the case of a headlight will start to shine in a zone of an overheat, and then and to be jarred on, as happens at me with the firstheadlight, you see it on a photo - 10. It should be not supposed, as it will lead to change of geometry of this site of the case of a headlight and in the subsequent, preparatory a headlight to assembly, you again should heat up, but now only the case of a headlight that though somehow to restore it in a former condition.
As soon as have started to separate a headlight, you will see lasting as a dough mastic, do not stop and continue heating a wide part of a headlight and simultaneous your assistant or you start to move apart smoothly these “ krokodile a jaw” - and, at last, completely separate glass and the case of a headlight.
You have opened a headlight.
The case of a headlight put on a napkin - let it cools down.
Put the removed glass on other napkin on a table an internal part upwards. Let and it cools down, and you at this time try while mastic still soft to separate its knife from decorative glassy panel and glasses, there, where has occured it to leak in this zone that nothing prevented to separate to you and them from each other.
You have separated mastic in this zone and nothing prevents to take out to you decorative glassy panel from glass. Unscrew screws, keeping decorative glassy panel and having inserted a wide screw-driver to two tongue panels and glass put forward them from glass.
You have separated decorative glassy panel and glass of a headlight.
Decorative glassy panel put on a napkin the bottom part far away from a place of work.
Detachment of the block of formation of a light bunch from the case of a headlight.
Now begin works on a detachment from the case of a headlight of the block of formation of a light bunch - a photo - 10, 16, in its alteration your main task.
The block of formation of a light bunch has two adjusting screws for change of a direction of a light bunch on a vertical and across and one bolt on the spherical hinge on a turn-key basis on 12 mm., around of which point of fastening, there is a moving the block. This screw is twisted in cases of a headlight from within. All these three screws serve as well for fastening the block to the case of a headlight.
Until as you disconnect the block of formation of a light bunch, you should know, what adjustments should be restored after its connection with the case of a headlight.
By ÞÔá¡úѽý-compasses measure distance from an end face of each of two screws up to a shelf of the block of formation of a light bunch - a photo - 15,16. These measurements write down on a leaf of a paper.
With lateral aspect of the screw of horizontal adjustment, embracing it, there is a device of the control of adjustment from organic glass screwed on two screws to the case of a headlight. Unscrew screws these devices that during twisting the screw for a detachment of the block of formation of a light bunch to not damage the device of the control of adjustment.
Start to turn on all three screws, not supposing sharp skews between them.
You have separated the block of formation of a light bunch from the case of a headlight. Put it on a napkin in toward.
Clearing of a headlight of old hermetic (mastic).
Now it is necessary to perform works on clearing the case of a headlight, glass and decorative glassy panel from old hermetic (mastic). Begin this work with the case of a headlight so you we shall get necessary skills and experience. The case of a headlight is more convenient to clear of mastic all the same small screw-driver. When there will be an insignificant layer of mastic take a rough fabric, moisten with its уайт-spirit and continue clearing the case of a headlight by wiping.
In the case of a headlight is available three ventilating channels which rubber tubes are put on and in which three filters from mesh plastic - a photo - 5 cost, 48. In my headlight this mesh plastic has dried up, and when I was going to put hermetic for assembly of a headlight from one of channels slices of this filter fell down. I have replaced all filters with mineral cotton wool.
Glass is more convenient to clean a stupid knife which will slide on glass almost not leaving scratchs, and those places where they can remain are on an edge of glass in a zone of connection of glass and the case of a headlight.
The decorative panel is more convenient for cleaning as a stupid knife, if a layer of mastic stuck to it moreover, that to clean уаit-spirit.
You have cleared the case of a headlight, glass and the decorative panel of old hermetic (mastic), postpone them in toward.
Sink of details.
Wash up once again the case of a headlight. Glass of a headlight wash up from within and outside of warm distilled by water with usual children's soap and carefully to clean to avoid divorces and rainbow. The Same make with a case of a bulb of dimensional fire. Blow off a household hair drier without heating the remained droplets of water and postpone glass in toward.
If there is a necessity, is plentiful to clean the warm distilled water a dust with decorative glassy panel not making contact to mirror parts of the panel a hand, rags, a brush or other subjects. Blow off a household hair drier without heating the remained droplets of water, insert a case of a dimensional bulbinto the panel and postpone the panel in toward.
In mine Lexus SC 300 there was a standard heating bulb on 5 Watt. It heated up this case, having made it is appreciable dull from within. I have washed up it outside and from within soft napkin with soap without wiping. Washing has given result. Considering this effect I have replaced heating bulbs diod - a photo - 50 which do not heat up.
Disassembly of the block of formation of a light bunch of a headlight.
The block of formation of a light bunch of a headlight consists of two parts - the mirror chamber light reflect lamps of a passing light and the chamber of formation of a light bunch of a headlight connected by screws. These details are executedfrom silumen and have a matte covering except for an internal part of the mirror chamber.
The chamber of formation of a light bunch has the form of a tube in which is greater and small drapes established across this tube. Remember, that the convex lens overturns a picture and on a vertical and across, as a result bottom and top drapes vary places.
Greater drape by machines Lexus SC 300 has a window. Drape it is located from the bottom part of the chamber, partitioning off a tube up to half of its circle and connecting an arch an external circle of the chamber in a zone of installation of a lens - a photo - 25.
Small drape on right headlight Lexus SC 300 has the form of the letter - Т, ◄ it is located at the top of the chamber downwards by "head" and in such position it is uniform witha tube of the chamber, approaching to big drape, thus between them the crack - a photo - 27 is left.
Disconnect from the block a lens. A lens keep a hand in a glove for a circle and put a convex part on a napkin. In headlights of my machine they were pure and I did not subject to their any cleaning and washing.
Disconnect from the block the chamber mirror light reflect lamps of a passing light, and also a spherical bolt of fastening of the block to the case of a headlight.
You have prepared the chamber of formation of a light bunch for work on reconstruction drapea.
Reconstruction drapes chambers of formation of a light bunch of a headlight.
On samples - a photo - 31-40 make equipment for protection matte силуминового cases from casual scratchs a file which you will put during grinding drapes.
Now lead gaugings a step on bottom drape which forms a horizontal bunch of a headlight of a passing light aside the right roadside and upwards.
On the right headlight of mine Lexus SC 300 this step was below the basic drapes on 1 mm. - a photo - 25. On the left headlight was two steps of different length, thus the first step was below the basic drapes on 1 mm., the second step was below the first also on 1 mm. - a photo - 43, 44. Therefore both headlights gave out a narrow horizontal bunch of light without expansion to the right and upwards and without illumination directly ahead of machine and on a distance of 20-30 meters from headlights.
On the left headlight I have changed this size aside increases in depth of a step up to 4 mm. In the beginning of a step in the center drapes and further on descending on a straight line (without radius) till the width in 6 mm. In a point of its connection with a zone of installation of a lens. The sizes and corners of change drapes which I have made on the right headlight - a photo - 51 and on the left headlight - a photo - 52. I believe, that the same sizes should be applied and to headlights of a passing light on Тоуота Soarer. On Тоуота Soarer reconstruction will demand besides the specified works also escalating of a step of the road made for illumination at link sided movement. About it it is in detail described with demonstration of photos on it аddress – http://www.e1.ru/fun/photo/view_album.php?id=66026.
I was afraid to spoil “a porridge oil” that is why has refrained from installation of greater sizes. I can not while to tell, that it would be necessary to increase even the sizes and cone a step on drape as I have no while sufficient experience of practical use of these reconstructed headlights of a passing light.
Awl or other sharp subject put all risks of new contours on both drapes from the mirror chamber, using as a ruler a slice of thin organic glass from packing a pie.
On drape the left headlight and on drape the right headlight I did not change the beginning of a step. Grinding drape and increase in depth of a step make a medium-sized file on metal. A facet put an inclination aside the mirror chamber. First grind off "ears" top drape which has the form of letter Т - a photo - 39, 40, 41.
Works on grinding drapes make not hurrying up, constantly supervising its result.
You reconstructed both drape the left headlight - a photo - 42 and the right headlight - a photo - 45.
Assembly of details of a headlight.
In return sequence make assembly of the block of formation of a light bunch of a headlight. Attach it to washed up from within and outside to the case of a headlight. A lens establish after you finish installation and adjustment of the block on the case of a headlight on your records.
Collect in the uniform block decorative glassy panel and glass of a headlight.
You have prepared the case and glass of a headlight for assembly.
Assembly of a headlight.
Enclose glass of a headlight in the case of a headlight and take out it. Make it some times to be convinced, that nothing stirs to free connection of these two parts of a headlight and also as it is necessary to connect them at presence of hermetic.
For connection of glass with the case of a headlight hermetic is required to you. I have applied transparent silicon hermetic “АBRO” - the manufacturer of the USA to use at service and repair of motor vehicles - a photo - 49. This hermetic on mine does not possess such high hardening property, as that you have removed from a headlight. It is easy for laying, it viscous, plastic, sticky and as I think, you should not heat up again a headlight once again to separate it if it is required.
Directly from a tube fill with this hermetic to join a seam on the case of a headlight, level its stacking by a finger, having lead without special pressing along all flute, wait for 10-15 minutes and smoothly connect glass to the case of a headlight.
Screw in three fixing screw in their jacks on the case of a headlight and at once establish spring latches. A soft napkin remove surpluses of hermetic from the case and from glass of a headlight.
The headlight is reconstructed and collected. Put a headlight glass downwards for maintenance of the best evaporation through jacks of installation of bulbs of an acetic acid on which this hermetic is prepared and leave a headlight in such position at least at 1-2 o'clock. After that it is possible to establish a headlight on the machine.
If organic glass of a headlight has small scratchs and you wish to restore its absolute smoothness it is better to make it after 7-10 days of operation of a headlight. For this period hermetic will harden also heating of glass during its polishing will not affect negatively hermetic in to join a seam. You can execute polishing of a headlight too on technology of our Russian motorist A.Suhova - http://arch.zr.ru/articles/234_.
It is my picture album on reconstruction of a headlight of a passing light - http://www.e1.ru/fun/photo/album.php?mode=my
Attached Thumbnails Bad light of headlights of a passing light on mine Lexus SC 300.-42.jpg  

Last edited by Vadim; 12-16-06 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-23-06, 01:13 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

holy crap you wrote alot!

I would figure the best solution for you is to purchase a new set of headlights (year 2000) and a 4300k hid xenon kit with 4300k xenon in your foglight as well.

If that doesn't work, your second best bet would just be 4300k xenon in your low beam and foglights.

Sorry but I can't help but ask...what exactly is a passing light? did you mean passenger light?
Old 11-23-06, 06:33 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Am I bad person because I didn't read that long post Vadim?
Old 11-24-06, 06:17 AM
Vadim
Driver

Default It is ready to answer all your questions.

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
holy crap you wrote alot!

I would figure the best solution for you is to purchase a new set of headlights (year 2000) and a 4300k hid xenon kit with 4300k xenon in your foglight as well.

If that doesn't work, your second best bet would just be 4300k xenon in your low beam and foglights.

Sorry but I can't help but ask...what exactly is a passing light? did you mean passenger light?
Xotic sC - greetings! Thanks for attention.
I did translation of the description of works on reconstruction of a headlight of a passing light from Russian on English language by means of electronic transleit. Probably it has not precisely made translation such complicated the text.
There where to you the text of the description of works on reconstruction of a headlight of a passing light is not clear – look photos from an album:
http://www.e1.ru/fun/photo/album.php?mode=my;
http://www.e1.ru/fun/photo/view_album.php?id=66026.
When you will see a photo of a headlight in an album, you will understand, about what headlight there is a speech.
I was solved on reconstruction of a headlight of a passing light as has read through in Russian sites, that installation xenon lamps instead of standard galogen on these headlights has not given feeling improvement.
The same standard, as my headlights of 1997, therefore replacement of headlights have headlights of manufacture of 2000 does not solve this problem.
Now I think, what bulbs to put – or xenon kit with 4300k, or IPF – gas the filled automobile lamps IPF H1 J-11 - (http://www.apico-auto.ru/component/p...rt/Itemid,91/).
I am now convinced, that the reconstruction made by me – the correct decision for this headlight and for our conditions is unique. At us the ground (ground) does not reflect light at night because has color of wet asphalt (color of the mouse). When it is raining this ground (ground) and asphalt of road have color of wet asphalt as the rain washes off a lot of ground (ground) on road. At you a ground other, probably sand, therefore and reflection of light of headlights at it other, higher.
In Ekaterinburg lives - 1 500 000 person. At us it is a lot of machines of a compartment, including sports: Тоуота Soarer, a Mercedes, Porsh, Honda, Iaguar and others, but only one my machine - Lexus SC 300. In California it is a lot of machines - Lexus SC 300/400 both many spare headlights and many new headlights. Therefore at you simplisity to be engaged in reconstruction as always it is possible to replace the spoiled headlights quickly.
It is ready to answer all your questions.
Attached Thumbnails Bad light of headlights of a passing light on mine Lexus SC 300.-36.jpg  
Old 11-24-06, 07:13 AM
Shrummi
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think by passing light he means the light passing through the lense.
Old 11-24-06, 07:29 AM
Vadim
Driver

Default Yes - light passing through the lense

Originally Posted by Shrummi
i think by passing light he means the light passing through the lense.
Shrummi - yes !!! you correctly.
Old 11-29-06, 12:31 PM
Shrummi
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have you tried polishing and wet sanding your lights???
Old 11-29-06, 09:53 PM
Vadim
Driver

Default I polishing and wet sanding your lights.

Shrummi - greetings! Thanks for attention.
I informed on pages of a club site, that in July, 2005 I have bought in Dallas the machine - Lexus SC 300 - 1997 years of release because.
By this machine glass of headlights of a passing light was transparent and pure, but had fine scratchs which did not influence quality of illumination of road. I have removed these headlights from the machine and have given to polish. Glass of headlightsof a passing light has been polished on technology of our Russian motorist A.Suhova - http://arch.zr.ru/articles/234_. After polishing a headlight looked new, but illumination of road has not improved. After that I have gone in Auto center Lexus where have checked up adjustment of my headlights of a passing light and have informed me, that headlights good, are established and adjusted correctly. Now I knew, that headlights have standard lamps and are correctly adjusted, but illumination of road was bad. Then I have checked up the sight - doctors have told, that my eyes too have “ standard quality ”.
Look a photo of a headlight from my picture album – you will see a headlight in that condition in what it was after polishing. I consider, that glass of a headlight pure and a headlight in a good operational condition.
I have added in the picture album of 4 photos - http://www.e1.ru/fun/photo/view_album.php?id=66026
These are photos of light of headlights before reconstruction and after reconstruction blind. You see real change of the form and brightness of a light beam of a headlight. Last week I have again gone in Auto center Lexus where have checked up adjustment of my headlights of a passing light and have informed me, that headlights good, are established and adjusted correctly. I was present at this check and itself saw in the device, that the horizontal direction of a ray of light of a headlight and the form of a ray of light correspond to the standard.
Drivers of counter machines at night day perceive light of my headlights of a passing light well.

Quick Reply: Bad light of headlights of a passing light on mine Lexus SC 300.