SC400 interior lighting behavior question

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-07, 06:24 AM
SlowSC4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb SC400 interior lighting behavior question

Gentlemen,

I have a question about the illumination of the power window switches and the power door lock switch on the driver-side: are yours lit any time the ignition is in the "ON" position, or they lit ONLY when the headlights are on? Does the intensity respond to the intensity control **** on the dash? Mine are on any time the key is "ON" and the brightness is contstant.

Here is why I ask: I had to disassemble the door to fix an annoying rattle. Those of you who have done this know that the switch module has two connectors--one for the lock/window switches, and one for the power mirror controls. Well, I accidentally plugged the smaller lock/switch cable into the larger power mirror socket (stupid mistake, especially since I am an electronics engineer!) The ignition was off at the time and all switches were in the open position, so I doubt that I did any damage--but I'm not sure about the lighting behavior.
Old 03-22-07, 04:44 PM
lphillips
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What year is your SC? My 93 just lights up the door lock switch.
Old 03-22-07, 07:46 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowSC4
Gentlemen,

I have a question about the illumination of the power window switches and the power door lock switch on the driver-side: are yours lit any time the ignition is in the "ON" position, or they lit ONLY when the headlights are on? Does the intensity respond to the intensity control **** on the dash? Mine are on any time the key is "ON" and the brightness is contstant.

Here is why I ask: I had to disassemble the door to fix an annoying rattle. Those of you who have done this know that the switch module has two connectors--one for the lock/window switches, and one for the power mirror controls. Well, I accidentally plugged the smaller lock/switch cable into the larger power mirror socket (stupid mistake, especially since I am an electronics engineer!) The ignition was off at the time and all switches were in the open position, so I doubt that I did any damage--but I'm not sure about the lighting behavior.

Yours are behaving normally. Thats how they are. They light up indicating that you can use your power windows, even a few seconds after you switch ignition. Kinda like, if they are on, you can use them. And no, they dont dim with the switch.