Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Just Intalled Lights!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-01, 04:53 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

kuruption - the pics are a LITTLE off, the fogs are basiclly like hid with a slight less blue to them and then the inside lights are actually a little bluer. the bulbs you need are:

9005 www.autodynamic.com
9006 www.autodynamic.com
M6 (2) www.autodynamic.com

GS T.O. im ordering an extra pair of lights today, when they get here im gonna clear the first ones and then clear the 2nd ones after cause i wanna know how to do it well when i do my real set and also one of my lenses is cracked with white paint (mom might have backed into something maybe it was a different car i dunno

so as soon as i get the new lights ill give you a call dude! you dont happen to have a dremel do you? hahaha ill try with a heat gun / blowdryer on one for a bit if it no work ill have to buy a dremel

Josh - sure! buy me a ticket to cali and ill be there in no time! haha
Old 11-29-01, 12:03 PM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought those LED bulbs they haven't arrived yet but when they do I will post a pic.
Originally posted by Dexter

I found these Blue LED wedge bulbs where I originally bought my M6s - consider these maybe? I have no idea if they'd fit....

http://nextcollection.com/html/ORD-L...-4912-none.cfm
Old 11-29-01, 01:38 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lights looks awesome, Sasha!!
Old 11-29-01, 01:47 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

hey sup all, well i'm sorta new here and am not familar with everyones car yet so i don't know if you have HID or not. i really like your head lights and i want mine to look just like yours. i have the First generation GS which has light setup like this

Low= 9006
High = 9005
Fog = H3

i'm not sure how the light setup or bulb size they use on the 2nd generation GS are but i want mine to look like that. so if i get the low beams 9006 from autodynamic will my head lights look like yours. i can't tell if you have HID or not. also anyone have good recomendation for H3 foglights that are really bright and look like HID. thanks
Old 11-29-01, 02:21 PM
GS300.ru
Pole Position

Question please help to figure out

Sasha, I have never changed bulbs in my Lex yet so I don?t know numbers for them.
I have HIDs and Yellow fogs, no need to change them. All I need is two sets of bulbs for
High beam hosing (driving light bulb which is small and sits lower (is it what you call a wedge bulb?) and high beam bulb). Which ones of those do I need?:
9005 www.autodynamic.com

9006 www.autodynamic.com

M6 (2) www.autodynamic.com

Now I?m really confuzed. Driving lights are outside (HID optional). The High beams are inside closer to radiator in the middle of housing. What about this little lower bulb? What is it, what #?

The lights you have Do they match HIDs well? Are they safe for wires? Do they use the same wattage?
The yellowish lights look kind of chip with HIDs, big contrast.

Thank You
Old 11-29-01, 05:33 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

hey man, for ur 1993 GS i think they have H3 application as well, so maybe buy 9005, 9006 and H3 all the same, or buy one REAL HID and then buy two others. best of luck man!

GS300.ru you need 9005 and M6 9005 is the high beam which means the bulb in the centre of the inside housing and M6 is a little wedge in the inside housing here hope this helps:
Attached Images  
Old 11-29-01, 08:05 PM
ceoart
Pole Position

Cool Re: Pictures!!

Originally posted by LexusRules
Hey guys here is the first pic, my favorite.. i quote my car

"IM GONNA KICK YOUR ***"

seriously tell me seing those lights in ur rear-view plus the sound of my GReddy exhaust woulnd't scare you even a LITTLE bit?
Like it, but isn't it going to bring your car to the attention of the police? Years ago I had a blue neon License Plate Frame but after the police warned me it was not legal I turned it off.
Old 11-29-01, 08:16 PM
GS300.ru
Pole Position

Default another question

>> GS300.ru you need 9005 and M6 9005 is the high beam which means the bulb in the centre of the inside housing and M6 is a little wedge in the inside housing here hope this helps:

Thanks for help Sasha. I 'll get 9005 and M6. Was somebody sayng that M6 does not fit properly? Is it true? Does it mean I should be looking for something smaller than M6?

Thanks
Old 11-29-01, 08:17 PM
Francis K
Racer

Default damn sasha...

that shiz looks good bro......!
Old 11-29-01, 08:36 PM
GS - T.O.
Driver

Default Re: another question

Was somebody sayng that M6 does not fit properly? Is it true? Does it mean I should be looking for something smaller than M6?

Thanks [/B]
The M6 does fit, just be patient when putting it in on the driver side. Also try not to touch it with your hand, your hand grease can decrease the life of the bulb.
Old 11-29-01, 09:26 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

what brand name H3, and 9006 should i get.
Old 11-30-01, 05:39 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

they Hyper-Blue from autodynamic.com is what i have

also i just picked up some blue wedge bulbs much smaller than even the M-4 to go in my side parking bumper lights ill post pics tonight!
Old 11-30-01, 09:40 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

can you give me a direct link to the 9006, and H3 lights for the Hyper-Blue. i can't find it on there Page. the only light that i see on there page are Piaa and Opti Super Whites. Thanks
Old 11-30-01, 12:18 PM
Dai Ca GQ
Driver

There seems to be alot of confusion here... i think i can help clear it a little.. .. ok..
for the low beam bulbs...use 9006.. I prefer the higher quality names like Piaa, Catz, etc.. They would last longer and have a "bluer, HID" look to them than the others.. there are many names to these types of bulbs.. "super-white", "hyper-blue", "hyper-white", "HID-look", "cool blue"..and couple others..

High beam bulbs use the 9005... I wouldn't suggest anyone to buy a super high quality high beam bulb, unless you drive with your high beams on all the time..

the wedge bulb is M6.. Polarg bulbs are pretty good and only about 8-10 bucks for the pair...the wedge bulb will make a significant change on how your lights look at night... definately stands out..

fog light bulbs are H3... the higher quality name ones last alot longer than the others..

the bumper parking light uses M4..like what sasha said.. just make sure that the light output is not too "blue" or you would have the cops all over you.

Also, when changing the bulbs..dont touch it with your fingers because the oil on your fingers would cause the bulbs to burn out easily.. but if you do happen to touch it, just clean it with rubbing alcohol..

and the issue about the cops... these lights are considered ILLEGAL.. but how can the cop differ these lights from the real HIDs?.. If they do pull you over for the lights... just say that it is HID and it came like that stock.. Plus, lots of people plus their grandma's driving hondas, acuras, neons, already have this on their car so the cops should be used to this around already..
Old 11-30-01, 03:05 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

yea good point, i meant OptiBlue sorry! i have Optiblue i really like them but i dont know how long they'll last for, i'll be DAMN pissed if they last less than 6 months i'll tell you that much!!

http://secure15.dellhost.com/~d30022...ight_bulbs.htm

they have 9005, 9006, H3

you found the M6 bulb right?

Quick Reply: Just Intalled Lights!