Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

OK, so who has the brightest LED turn signal bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-07, 10:42 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default OK, so who has the brightest LED turn signal bulbs?

I have the LED rear tails for the GS and have been extremely disappointed with the yellow LED bulbs (32 LEDs) that I have in the turn signals - they look pretty good at night, but you can barely see them in the day. I may have to go back to bulbs.

I know that these bulbs have gotten better over the past year or so - who has the brightest ones???? They should radiate light in all directions too.
Old 06-26-07, 11:38 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by engin_ear
I have the LED rear tails for the GS and have been extremely disappointed with the yellow LED bulbs (32 LEDs) that I have in the turn signals - they look pretty good at night, but you can barely see them in the day. I may have to go back to bulbs.

I know that these bulbs have gotten better over the past year or so - who has the brightest ones???? They should radiate light in all directions too.
Don't bother with LED signal bulbs. They will never be bright enough unless you have some kinda custom built solution. The only consumer grade LED that even comes close to putting down enough light is a Luxeon star. A single 3watt Luxeon3 LED has output equivalent of about 30-40 standard 5mm LED's(those signal bulbs use 3mm or smaller led's). Not just that, you would need at least 3-5 Luxeon3's to match the output of a sylvania silverstar turn signal bulb. That's why I decided to just go the cheap route. I picked up a set of silverstars from autozone for $10
Old 06-27-07, 07:28 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I guess you're right. I figured that before I break down and get regular bulbs, I'd order a couple of these hi-power multiple 1 watt LED matrix thingys. One last shot. If they're reasonably bright, I'll keep them - if not, it's back to bulbs.
Do you think the Silverstars are the best ones? Or PIAA?