Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Q45 Projector output for GS ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-07, 02:35 AM
Kaluna
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q45 Projector output for GS ?

Aloha everyone. I'm about to get a Q45 retro in my GS. I'm wondering how the light output is on these projectors. Are they better than the stock HID's? Does anyone have any pictures of Q45 projectors at night? I'd appreciate any help. Mahalo in advance. I've been searching but found nothing so far.
Old 09-28-07, 03:21 AM
JnC
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are going through the hassle of getting a retrofit then i suggest going with the LS430s. Q45s are more for "show" rather than "go", output is better than stock reflector based HIDs but not by eons. LS430 on the other hand is another story , by far the best projector on the market as we speak. Most people can not retro it in their cars cause its too big but in our GS it fits perfect.

some output shots

Originally Posted by JnC
Here are pictures of Pascals q45 retro with output shots.

I would go as far as saying that the output of even a TSX projector is better than these Q45, thats how bad i personally think these projectors are, again the emphasis that it is a personal opinion but mind you I have experimented with almost all the projectors present on the market.
Old 09-28-07, 10:12 AM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JnC
...mind you I have experimented with almost all the projectors present on the market.
Yes you have JnC...yes you have...
Old 09-28-07, 10:17 AM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Get some TL projectors for that bi-xenon.
Old 09-28-07, 11:15 AM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DarKnight
Get some TL projectors for that bi-xenon.
GS has separate housing for high beam, why would he need a bi-xenon low beam? I say LS430 or S2K for GS low beam.

Maybe even a Land Rover HSE projector setup, they look quite nice if you can stuff the shrouds in there. They have nice color flicker.

Here's an idea of what you might want to look for, and what it will cost you. http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35959

Old 09-28-07, 11:38 AM
cluguy
Driver School Candidate

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ hot!
Old 09-28-07, 05:09 PM
JnC
Intermediate

HSE projectors may look good but they are your regular E46 projectors that can be purchased for as low as 50 dollars these day. Performance is **** poor and wiring that thing is a b#$ch as well cause it has three wires, two for ground and one positive rather than having just one positive and one negative. Any how as I said earlier go with LS, if you hadnt had the separate high beam then i would have suggest TLs as well but in case of GS where you have separate high beam and plenty of space to work with then LS is the obvious choice .
Old 09-28-07, 07:15 PM
PMIRO2
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does anyone happen to have a set of Q45 projectors or can shoot me in the right direction? I am doing a retrofit as well, but have not had luck.
Old 09-28-07, 07:21 PM
kit cat

Originally Posted by PMIRO2
Does anyone happen to have a set of Q45 projectors or can shoot me in the right direction? I am doing a retrofit as well, but have not had luck.
have you seen the thread I made??
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ighlight=japan
Old 09-28-07, 08:20 PM
PMIRO2
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
Good stuff. I actually bought a brand new set of Green tint HID lights and sent them off to Advance Automotive Concepts to get the Q45 retro done. They said it would be a 2 week turnaround, but 2 months later, I still have no lights. They have not been able to source the projectors. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-28-07, 09:05 PM
kit cat

Originally Posted by PMIRO2
They have not been able to source the projectors. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
oh you can't find the parts...umm...infiniti dealership?
Old 09-29-07, 12:30 AM
Kaluna
Pole Position

Well I'm actually planning on buying an already made set of Q45 Retrofits. But those pictures are not coming up for me. Can I pm you & you send me those pics?
If I had another set of headlights, I would do a LS430 retro. I havent even looked at the LS430 as being an option. Would I be able to do the retro on a non HID housing & keep the auto leveling feature, or do I lose that automatically with the retro. I have the stock HID's now. I can get a set of headlights for 50 bucks non-hid. Options are a turning in my head. I appreciate the help. Thanks again in advance.
Old 09-29-07, 02:33 AM
JnC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
oh you can't find the parts...umm...infiniti dealership?
Parts directly form the dealership would mean he would have to buy the whole headlights, new, and mind you that would cost around $1500~2000 . Best bet would be to try ebay or local salvage yards.
Old 09-29-07, 02:34 AM
JnC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kaluna
Well I'm actually planning on buying an already made set of Q45 Retrofits. But those pictures are not coming up for me. Can I pm you & you send me those pics?
If I had another set of headlights, I would do a LS430 retro. I havent even looked at the LS430 as being an option. Would I be able to do the retro on a non HID housing & keep the auto leveling feature, or do I lose that automatically with the retro. I have the stock HID's now. I can get a set of headlights for 50 bucks non-hid. Options are a turning in my head. I appreciate the help. Thanks again in advance.
^^ The halogen headlights that you are talking about do not have the auto leveling feature in them so thats out of the picture. Otherwise if your question is to use HID headlights for the LS retro then yeah the auto leveling would work. BTW i am looking for a set of non-hid headlights myself, you think you can help me out? $50 sounds good to me plus shipping?? LMK
Old 09-29-07, 03:19 PM
Kaluna
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JnC
^^ The halogen headlights that you are talking about do not have the auto leveling feature in them so thats out of the picture. Otherwise if your question is to use HID headlights for the LS retro then yeah the auto leveling would work. BTW i am looking for a set of non-hid headlights myself, you think you can help me out? $50 sounds good to me plus shipping?? LMK

Let me see if they are still available. I'll do some checking for you. In the meantime, you think you can send me links to those Q45 pics. They still aren't displaying.

Quick Reply: Q45 Projector output for GS ?