Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

XenonDepot H1's Discontinued?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-07, 03:19 PM
1kvolts
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XenonDepot H1's Discontinued?

I have an 03' LX470 and I'm upgrading my Low's to HID and it looks like only the Xtremes are available and not the XenonDepot branded units. I'm trying to get the most street-legal install possible and it sounds like Phillips Ballasts AND BULBS are the way to go. I saw the Cayenne projectors over at HIDPlanet but almost $600 is a little pricey for me especially if I dont use the Bi-Xenon functionality. I also saw the HID-Online kit with 4100k Phillips kit (Which does Phillips really make 4100k 4300k or both?) but those were $500 or so, but if thats the best option that would be O.K. If they really are discontinued does anyone have an alternative for as street legal install as possible for an '03 LX?

Last edited by 1kvolts; 10-06-07 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-06-07, 03:31 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want to go by the book, as in "street legal", putting anything but halogen bulbs in your car will be illegal.

If your car/suv didn't come with OEM HID's then it is illegal to put both a PNP (plug and play) kit or perform a OEM HID projector retrofit.

Honestly, since your LX470 is an '03, if you had a PNP kit in your low beams, I know that you would be ok with any PNP 4300k kit.

Cops only look for the glare from 8000k+ PNP kits that are found in reflector type headlamps.

You have a projector setup, as do I in my SC, and my cutoff is not bad at all. (Noting compared to a retro, but you get my drift.)

Here's some pics to show what I mean. *property of haknslash*

Old 10-06-07, 03:32 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

BTW, welcome to CL!
Old 10-06-07, 03:45 PM
1kvolts
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by emoshun
If you want to go by the book, as in "street legal", putting anything but halogen bulbs in your car will be illegal.

If your car/suv didn't come with OEM HID's then it is illegal to put both a PNP (plug and play) kit or perform a OEM HID projector retrofit.

Honestly, since your LX470 is an '03, if you had a PNP kit in your low beams, I know that you would be ok with any PNP 4300k kit.

Cops only look for the glare from 8000k+ PNP kits that are found in reflector type headlamps.

You have a projector setup, as do I in my SC, and my cutoff is not bad at all. (Noting compared to a retro, but you get my drift.)

Here's some pics to show what I mean. *property of haknslash*

I pretty much understand that once a vehicle leaves the factory no HID install is 100% legal, but I'd be OK with an acceptable beam pattern and color, so does anyone know if

A: The XenonDeopt H1's are discontinued
B: If you can import the Saudi Arabian/Australian OEM HID's in (Part#s?)
C: Does phillips make 4100s 4300s or Both
D: Is the Stock Projector considerably safe and accurate with an HID install or should I try to retro?
Old 10-06-07, 03:57 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1kvolts
A: The XenonDeopt H1's are discontinued
Yes the XD H1 kit is no longer available, might wanna try PMing XD here on CL.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/pri...=newpm&u=29714

B: If you can import the Saudi Arabian/Australian OEM HID's in (Part#s?)
HID Planet's WTB Forum
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/view...987c8ebca2589c

C: Does phillips make 4100s 4300s or Both
Use this bulb
http://www.hidplanet.com/philips5000k.html

D: Is the Stock Projector considerably safe and accurate with an HID install or should I try to retro?
PNP is what it is, you unplug your stock, and plug in the after market "kit". Should be safe as long as you use a harness like this. *thanks cliffud*

You can attempt a retro, only if you are familiar with doing such tasks. It's a lot of work, but very rewarding!

Last edited by emoshun; 10-06-07 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-06-07, 04:18 PM
1kvolts
Driver School Candidate

Yes the XD H1 kit is no longer available, might wanna try PMing XD here on CL.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/pri...=newpm&u=29714

HID Planet's WTB Forum
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/view...987c8ebca2589c

Use this bulb
http://www.hidplanet.com/philips5000k.html

PNP is what it is, you unplug your stock, and plug in the after market "kit". Should be safe as long as you use a harness like this. *thanks cliffud*

You can attempt a retro, only if you are familiar with doing such tasks. It's a lot of work, but very rewarding!
Thanks Again for the lightning fast reply!!

I am planning on having someone do the install for me (Should I do the dealership, Toyota Dealer, Zeibart, Meinike, or a local ricer shop, etc?)

Are you reccomending I go with 5000's as opposed to the whiter and what i understood to be brighter OEM 41/43k ones? or are you saying Phillips is disc.ing their 43/41's

What is is the best available solution for an HID install
Old 10-06-07, 04:26 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Thanks Again for the lightning fast reply!!

I am planning on having someone do the install for me (Should I do the dealership, Toyota Dealer, Zeibart, Meinike, or a local ricer shop, etc?)

Are you reccomending I go with 5000's as opposed to the whiter and what i understood to be brighter OEM 41/43k ones? or are you saying Phillips is disc.ing their 43/41's

What is is the best available solution for an HID install
Install should be done by someone with a little bit of experience, any reputable "ricer shop" will do. Do not go to the dealer, as they will yell/laugh at you.

That bulb I linked you to IS an OEM burner found in many OEM applications, you can find a set on eBay for a good price.

No, Phillips is not disc. their 4100k/4300k bulbs.

Best available solution? Umm...maybe elaborate on that one for me.
Old 10-06-07, 04:30 PM
1kvolts
Driver School Candidate

Install should be done by someone with a little bit of experience, any reputable "ricer shop" will do. Do not go to the dealer, as they will yell/laugh at you.

That bulb I linked you to IS an OEM burner found in many OEM applications, you can find a set on eBay for a good price.

No, Phillips is not disc. their 4100k/4300k bulbs.

Best available solution? Umm...maybe elaborate on that one for me.
by solution I mean a ballast+bulb+harness(or link to one) and
I was refrencing by OEM matching the overseas LX470 temp
Old 10-06-07, 04:37 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Best solution is to retro with a S2000 or TSX projector and go with a OEM ballast/bulb setup.

OEM Denso kit
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-07...mZ190150841185

OEM Philips Bulbs
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5000K...mZ190159307587

Last edited by emoshun; 10-06-07 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-06-07, 04:52 PM
1kvolts
Driver School Candidate

Thanks again for all the Help, I'll look into the above options,

As far as local "ricer shops go" what type of place should I look for, "Stereo Installer, Window Tinter" in other words, how would it be listed in the phone book?
Old 10-06-07, 08:34 PM
LXMN
Lexus Test Driver

how would it be listed in the phone book?
I don't believe you will be finding HID or retrofit installers in the phone book. You have to ask around and maybe go shop to shop and talk to the people working there.

Or, do the research and install them yourself. It ain't rocket science.
Old 10-11-07, 11:44 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Yes the XenonDepot H1 kits have been discontinued. Philips ballasts are great for OEM HID applications however they are also designed for OEM HID applications. In OEM HID applications the ballasts are usually encased within the headlight protecting them from water damage. In aftermarket HID applications the ballast is usually mounted outside the headlight where it is susceptible to weather damage.

I would suggest looking into the H1Xtreme 5000k HID conversion kit for your LX.

The Xtreme ballasts are specifically designed for this application as they are epoxy sealed making them water tight. We have been selling this product line for years now so it is an established product line. This kit uses Japanese bulbs and ballasts to ensure both the quality and durability of the product.

Here are some pictures of our 5000k kit installed in a 300c (oem halogen projectors):

Regards,

Steve