Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Bosch HID Kit! W/ PICS***

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-08 | 02:06 PM
SCpwner
Lead Lap
CL Folding 10,000

Default Bosch HID Kit! W/ PICS***

Whats up guys, I just bought a BOSCH HID KIT Generation IV and they seem really high quality since phillips is their parent company to my knowledge. Anyways... I believe these are plug and play but i am confused about the installation. I have no information on the install; none came with the kit. Everything looks simple but i don't understand the whole "grounding the kit".

As far as mounting my ballasts, where do you guys suggest? I have an SC400 btw. I understand the cables aren't too long so they will have to be mounted close to the headlight housing. But is mounting the ballast considered grounding them? Sorry i have very little knowledge on this information about HIDs.

Thanks Everyone!

Pictures are here too.

Last edited by SCpwner; 01-08-08 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-07-08 | 04:20 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

These appear to be powered off your stock harness. I would suggest adding a relay and powering it directly off your battery. There would be your grounding as well.

For the ballast, you can use some 3M tape and tape the passenger side to the front of the airbox. Driver side you can tape to the sides of the battery. If they are longer, you can hide them away on the front bumper beam.

Good luck!
Old 01-07-08 | 04:36 PM
SCpwner
Lead Lap
CL Folding 10,000

Today i tried installing them, i didn't think about 3M tape. Also the stock harness did not power them up, so how would i go about adding a relay? I thought this would be easier then how it is turning out to be. If there is a DIY please refer me to that. Actually guys i think i got the main idea of it. Its just the soldering and stuff that is confusing. Like when i look at my Ballast where do i need to start? Because if you look here http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2632686 I cant correlate its relation to mine.

1 other thing too, when i went to screw the bulb into the socket, it doesn't want to fit in there and it wont turn into place. they are the 9006 bulb though. Should i just muscle it in there?

Thanks acleansc4 and what kelvin are your HIDs?

Last edited by SCpwner; 01-07-08 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-07-08 | 05:34 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Originally Posted by SCpwner
Today i tried installing them, i didn't think about 3M tape. Also the stock harness did not power them up, so how would i go about adding a relay? I thought this would be easier then how it is turning out to be. If there is a DIY please refer me to that. Actually guys i think i got the main idea of it. Its just the soldering and stuff that is confusing. Like when i look at my Ballast where do i need to start? Because if you look here http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2632686 I cant correlate its relation to mine.

1 other thing too, when i went to screw the bulb into the socket, it doesn't want to fit in there and it wont turn into place. they are the 9006 bulb though. Should i just muscle it in there?

Thanks acleansc4 and what kelvin are your HIDs?
I think they sell relays that are already wired up for you, all you have to do is hook them up. Save you the hassle.

Also, dont try and muscle anything, just check if anything is blocking it, and try over and over again, sometimes its tough to get the little hedges lined up. Easy does it. ( i had the same issue last night when i replaced my fogs, took me a while, but out of nowhere, it poped right in just fine.)
Old 01-07-08 | 08:16 PM
SCpwner
Lead Lap
CL Folding 10,000

I found a Relay Kit online. So i believe i am set with that. Still having issues with the bulb though. I will fiddle around with it some more tomorrow. Thanks for your input guys.

Johnathon
Old 01-07-08 | 11:53 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Congrats. I've played with these before and can offer some clarification. They're nice in the fact that when they ignite, they don't have that sudden flash like a majority of the HID kits on the market. In my experience, only Philips and these Bosch kits have that "feature". These specific Bosch kits are made in China to German specifications.

With regards to the bulb not fitting, make sure you're trying to replace the low beams and not the 9005 high beam bulbs.

Good luck!

c.
Old 01-08-08 | 03:44 AM
SCpwner
Lead Lap
CL Folding 10,000

So they are made in China? are you sure?

Johnathon
Old 01-08-08 | 09:40 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Yes, I am sure.

I especially found the spelling on the box entertaining. Instead of "burner" in some areas, it says "bumer". Kinda funny if you think about it.
Old 01-08-08 | 09:54 AM
VJZ
Lead Lap

That somehow doesn't look like the real, legit Bosch logo. Are you sure it is a legit Bosch product?
Old 01-08-08 | 12:42 PM
SCpwner
Lead Lap
CL Folding 10,000

IDK for sure.... but When i went to the Bosch Website, they have the same kit.
Old 01-09-08 | 01:02 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

I didn't think that Bosch would've marketed a PnP kit (maybe in Asia) but if they do at least you know it will be nice quality. I've been running an MTEC HID kit for about 2.5 years with no dramas.
Old 01-09-08 | 01:06 AM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

nice kit...how much did you purchase it for???
Old 01-09-08 | 01:35 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ACleanSC4

For the ballast, you can use some 3M tape and tape the passenger side to the front of the airbox. Driver side you can tape to the sides of the battery. If they are longer, you can hide them away on the front bumper beam.

Good luck!
That's what I did I think we're both smart
Old 01-09-08 | 01:39 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SCpwner
IDK for sure.... but When i went to the Bosch Website, they have the same kit.
They don't look real to me. Since there are a lot of pirated HID bulbs ( cheap bulbs with fake Phillips branded ) This might be one of the products from them.

But I could be wrong.
Old 01-09-08 | 03:38 AM
SCpwner
Lead Lap
CL Folding 10,000

Yea i think it is pirated... But it has a code of authenticity... Is that how i go about getting the warrant or...?

And i will try and get a better cut off line for you guys... to me it seems like my left one is too low.

Quick Reply: Bosch HID Kit! W/ PICS***