Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha, sea sick!
Old 01-29-08, 12:15 PM
shaddow
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tiguy99
Hey guys! Just wanted to swing by and share some info that can help you out.

Shadow, check your PM if you haven't found a source yet. Also, feel free to go back and check through a couple of my threads. You'll find some cool stuff on the ES300 retrofit that might help you out.

Swifty, the E46 lense is smaller than the ES300 stock lense from his car. The ES300 one is around 3 inches while the E46 one is around 2.5" if I remember correctly. Which is why emoshun is suggesting Shadow use those bezels which I think look great BTW. If only you had those when I did my 95 ES300 retro a few years ago...(Wow I feel old lol)
Your old threads have been very helpful, bro! (Trust me, the 'Search' function is my friend!) That's where I got my ideas in the first place! Thanks for the PM.

I'm in my research and planning stage, and you guys are all being very helpful! Hopefully I'll be more than ready to get this project started in the coming weeks.
Old 01-29-08, 12:16 PM
shaddow
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by emoshun
Sorry Shadow, I've sold off all my TSX's for $135 shipped.

If I had an extra pair, I'd give them to you for that price.

Try asking around here, or search eBay, but don't pay more than $140 shipped for a pair of TSX's!
No sweat! I appreciate all your input!
Old 01-29-08, 02:11 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Here is an example of how this guy is a complete con artist.

$193.89 for 1 Denso Slim ballast
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-05...em200194321622

You can buy a pair and have them shipped to your door for less than his before shipping price!
Old 01-29-08, 05:07 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Guys keep looking! 178 for one ballast? Does Jessica Alba come with that lol? I've seen/scored ballasts like these for about half. You have to know when /where to look!

Originally Posted by shaddow
Your old threads have been very helpful, bro! (Trust me, the 'Search' function is my friend!) That's where I got my ideas in the first place! Thanks for the PM.

I'm in my research and planning stage, and you guys are all being very helpful! Hopefully I'll be more than ready to get this project started in the coming weeks.
Thanks Shaddow. I appreciate it. Its a full circle because right when I joined this site, I discovered HID retrofitting for the first time and was just then planning on purchasing my 95 ES...little did I know what I was about to get myself into!

You're definitely on the right track. Take your time and learn what you can. Shadow, if you need some good links to guide your research process let me know. I'll see what I can dig up for you.

As for the TSX, I have a set I'm no longer using but the lenses are in my G35 coupe headlamps. I'm planning on buying one soon so I preretroed a set of those headlamps in anticipation.

Let me check around on those lenses for you. Check your PM

Last edited by tiguy99; 01-29-08 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-29-08, 08:06 PM
shaddow
Driver School Candidate

Hmmm... You guys are really making me think! How about these Porsche Caymen bi-xenons?

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/store1.html

(Scroll down)

They have a 3" lens, and they're $144 shipped. Are those any good, or should I stick with the TSX projectors with the shroud?
Old 01-29-08, 08:13 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

The Porsche's won't fit, sorry man!

The TSX is your best bet because it's relatively small, and has great output.
Old 01-29-08, 09:12 PM
charley240
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah, im in the process right now as a matter of fact. i purchased a e46 singe kit awhile ago, but am now deciding on something other than the e46 dot singe versions. i may go s2k or rx330. tsx is a good projector though, but i want best, but dont have the money. lol. im crazy. but i want the best since my nighttime vision is not great. goodluck, and yeah, if you have questions as i will. im sure our members emoshun and tiguy99 will gladly help. sorry guys, i know that you guys are experienced. and i see you everyday on hidp emoshun.

Charley
Old 01-29-08, 09:18 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

I tend to hoar...hehe

So that was you on HIDp!
Old 01-29-08, 11:28 PM
swifty562
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tiguy99
Hey guys! Just wanted to swing by and share some info that can help you out.

Shadow, check your PM if you haven't found a source yet. Also, feel free to go back and check through a couple of my threads. You'll find some cool stuff on the ES300 retrofit that might help you out.

Swifty, the E46 lense is smaller than the ES300 stock lense from his car. The ES300 one is around 3 inches while the E46 one is around 2.5" if I remember correctly. Which is why emoshun is suggesting Shadow use those bezels which I think look great BTW. If only you had those when I did my 95 ES300 retro a few years ago...(Wow I feel old lol)

ohhh..

i thought the E46 was 3'' thats why.

besides that...isn't the new TL bi-xenon projector 3''?

if it is...im doing that retro
Old 01-30-08, 08:21 AM
charley240
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

e46 single is 2.25". i think bix might be same. not 100% sure. but emoshun can chime in and break it down.

yeah that was me. ive been so fascinated recently with the thought of extreme lighting. i dont know why. btw, do you know if the rx330s are d2s or d4s. i thought that they were d2s, but theres an ebay stores that sells hid stuff, and said it was a d4s. maybe they switched over?

Charley
Old 01-30-08, 09:19 AM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

D2S fo sho!

Post #23
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=289738&page=2
Old 01-30-08, 12:23 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by charley240
e46 single is 2.25". i think bix might be same. not 100% sure. but emoshun can chime in and break it down.

yeah that was me. ive been so fascinated recently with the thought of extreme lighting. i dont know why. btw, do you know if the rx330s are d2s or d4s. i thought that they were d2s, but theres an ebay stores that sells hid stuff, and said it was a d4s. maybe they switched over?

Charley
To my knowledge, the E46 bixenon units have the same size lenses as the monos. The only difference between the projectors are the solinoids & bixenon cuttoff plates.

Originally Posted by swifty562
ohhh..

i thought the E46 was 3'' thats why.

besides that...isn't the new TL bi-xenon projector 3''?

if it is...im doing that retro
For the TL info check out the chart below

http://faqlight.carpassion.info/car-....htm#acura04tl

Enjoy
Old 02-07-08, 01:04 PM
LORENJAMES
Driver School Candidate

Default new projectors necessary?

I have a 95 ES300 and am going to be installing a HID kit, and I stumbled upon this thread, I see you guys are installing new projectors, is that necessary, and why? Could I just use the projectors in the car already??

Is there a huge difference?

Thanks!
Old 02-19-08, 07:41 AM
shaddow
Driver School Candidate

Ok, the retrofit project's been on hold since it's still cold out and I've been spending way too much money on my home audio system and clothing. I have too many obsessions.

I picked up the new headlight housings. They look awesome. I still need the projectors though.

Anyone have a set of mint TSX projectors they wanna sell me before I drop $170 for some on ebay?

Quick Reply: '95 Lexus ES300 Retrofit questions