Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Question about HID cutoff line

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-08, 10:11 AM
Karwan
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question about HID cutoff line

I finally got my HID kit, but my light beam was facing more towards the ground and when i pulled up to a wall to see the cutoff line, there were circles at different places on the wall. I tried to get a service center to align them for me, but they told me since the car didn't come equipped with HID's, they couldn't do it. So, i messed with the cutoff myself, trying to raise it a bit more, but got totally of track. So my question is, has anyone had this issue before, if so, how did you fix it. BTW, i did put the bulbs in differently and made very little change.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-19-08, 11:22 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

if your cars didn't come with D2S HID projector then there is not much you can do regarding cutoff...best way is to align them yourself against a wall...putting bulbs differently will not affect cutoff, instead you will get "hot spots" where you see bright areas in front of the projectors instead of a more dispersed light. not really an issue since it is just an HID kit
Old 04-19-08, 03:49 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Yup, since you just put brighter bulbs in the stock halogen reflectors, you won't be able to get a real sharp cutoff like some real HID projectors. You'll still have the spotty halogen beam pattern, just brighter. Also, if the bulbs aren't rebased properly so the light emits from the same place as the stock bulb, it can make a real mess out of the beam pattern and light distribution; hopefully you don't have that complicating things as well. I'd just aim them the best you can so you're getting the most useable light without blinding everybody else.