Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

HELP: Weird Cut-Off...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-08, 04:23 PM
rsx2crazy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP: Weird Cut-Off...

hey, i recently purchased a HID kit from xenondepot(H11 6500k) ..and when i installed them, the driver side bulb seems to have a weird cutoff ..its as if something is blocking it or something, making a weird U shaped cutoff(driver side only) . The driver side bulb also seems really dim also compared to the passenger side.
Is there something im doing wrong? maybe i locked the bulb the wrong way causing it to light up the other way or something? Driving at night really bugs me because of the cutoff. Please help. Thanks

any suggestions?

btw i have a Lexus IS250..
Old 06-03-08, 05:31 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

pics would be helpful
Old 06-03-08, 08:01 PM
ng123ray
Lead Lap

nothing you can do about it.. its the way your OEM halogen projectors are... halogens projectors... are not perfect... since you usually run halogens in them....you typically wont notice with the poor lighting... when you go to HID.. because there is so much more light, you notice the inperfections of the halogen projectors. there isnt anything you can do.. unless you retrofit to HID projectors....or buy hid head lamps

possibility is that your bulb isnt fitted in correctly... make sure the bulb is secured in properly....

most likely its the halogen projectors... i have an ES350 with a cheap ebay kit... i have glare, and my cut off is a bit off... but there isnt much i can do... unless i decide to retro fit... or buy HID head lamps...
Old 06-03-08, 11:13 PM
rsx2crazy
Rookie

Originally Posted by ng123ray
nothing you can do about it.. its the way your OEM halogen projectors are... halogens projectors... are not perfect... since you usually run halogens in them....you typically wont notice with the poor lighting... when you go to HID.. because there is so much more light, you notice the inperfections of the halogen projectors. there isnt anything you can do.. unless you retrofit to HID projectors....or buy hid head lamps

possibility is that your bulb isnt fitted in correctly... make sure the bulb is secured in properly....

most likely its the halogen projectors... i have an ES350 with a cheap ebay kit... i have glare, and my cut off is a bit off... but there isnt much i can do... unless i decide to retro fit... or buy HID head lamps...

thanks for the info..but the way how my cutoff is, its really not normal ...maybe its not fitted in right..but ill try and mess with it more when i have time...ill take pics and show you guys so you guys know what im talking about.