Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-02, 08:28 PM
Hnky001
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tail lights

Does anyone know if there are different taillights for a 93 es300, cuz i hate the way the factory ones look. Thanks
Old 02-20-02, 12:54 PM
alvin
Rookie

I don't think so but
92-93 are different from the 94-95
Old 02-20-02, 10:32 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default you can modify it

you could take it to a body paint shop and have them spray your lights any color you want, or you could buy head/taillight spray to do it yourself.
you can't replace it w/ a 97- either cuz the whole taillight shape is different (the newer ones cut into the trunk)
Old 02-23-02, 09:07 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check these 92 tail lights out.
Attached Thumbnails tail lights-euro-white-tail-light-blinker-.jpg  
Old 02-24-02, 06:44 PM
Hnky001
Driver School Candidate

hey, L_Sport. Where did you get those tail lights from. I can not find anywhere that sells tail lights for my 93 es300. Thanks
Old 02-25-02, 08:57 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

I did it my self, if you look in the ES picture gallery you can see more pictures like this one below showing I only had enough time to clear the left rear blinker. I will get around to doing the other one when I’m not so tired from work! I’m kinda burnt out right now...I will post pics with both taillights done as soon as i can. Again this project is risky and I found that there are little tacks imbedded into the molding that, if you don’t remove first, will crack your tail light. They also have no way to screw out, you just have heat the area and work them out with nettle nose pliers before you try to open it. If you have any more questions I'll try to make time to answer them; the oven is a good tool also.
Attached Thumbnails tail lights-left-clear.jpg  
Old 02-26-02, 05:43 AM
mcelligott
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, with the success i had with clearing my corners out, i think i'm going to try the rear signal clearing today. Mad props to L-Sport for posting all of these cool free mods.
Old 02-26-02, 05:20 PM
L_Sport
Lead Lap

Thanks! Good luck and take your time! I think you will be ok though. You are the one that used the oven so you know how it goes, just watch for those pins, or tacks they are only along the seams of the corners were the blinker is not on the side that connects to the license plate . I would start after removing the tacks from the license plate side and work back to the corner; you may not need to completely take the light apart. This made it easier to put back together for me and I also opened it enough to do a quick cleaning of the lens. You must take out the black center piece that holds the blinker, red center reflector, and back up light completely out. Pop out the amber then pop off the clear lens attached to that and put back the clear only. Since this piece fit behind the amber it is smaller and I needed to tack it in place with some super glue gel I figured it couldn’t hurt to secure it better. Place the whole insert back in and locking them together. This was a pain because they each interlock and fit into groves. If they are not set right the light will not close completely I had to re-open it and set them perfectly then close it again, a pain in the ***. Good luck and feel free to ask more questions if you like. I’m also getting an “Ignitions Solutions” Plasma Booster Upgrade for the ES300 put in the end of this week to upgrade my ignition system and spark plugs! I'll post pics.

Oh, and please post the way you did it if you find better tricks and tips!