Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Led/Hid retrofit review from V-LEDS.com in my 00 GS300 (lots of pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-11, 11:18 AM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by iamkhanz
sounded like a few people had some issues with the city lights I wanted to get the V-LED but I saw a few posted that they went out.. I know they are hard to get in and out of esp the passengers side...so I wanted to make sure to use ones that weere good, anyone know about this warden dude on ebay how his bulbs are and which ones most people use? I really loved the output of the vled ones but am afraid of them going out..
I've had two different sets of warden LED's in my city lights and both have had LED's quit working within the first year.

I'm in need of new ones right now and will probably get them from V-LED, all my interior LED's from them have been working great for about 3 years. I had a problem with one that was defective on arrival and it was promptly replaced with no hassle, been happy with their bulbs and service!
Old 03-22-11, 04:41 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
I've had two different sets of warden LED's in my city lights and both have had LED's quit working within the first year.

I'm in need of new ones right now and will probably get them from V-LED, all my interior LED's from them have been working great for about 3 years. I had a problem with one that was defective on arrival and it was promptly replaced with no hassle, been happy with their bulbs and service!
Funny... I just received bulbs for my city lights from Warden today because the bulbs I had in there from another company blew within 4 months. I've had no issues with any of the bulbs I've gotten from him and it's been at least 2 years now.
Old 03-23-11, 10:47 AM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MrG4Life
Funny... I just received bulbs for my city lights from Warden today because the bulbs I had in there from another company blew within 4 months. I've had no issues with any of the bulbs I've gotten from him and it's been at least 2 years now.
Luck of the draw I guess! I just noticed last night one of my license plate LED's from warden is barely working as well. Glad your experience has been better and I've heard alot of good things but I don't think I'll be taking the chance on them again. Honestly it's hard to know what to expect from any of these places, I'd guess many of them have the exact same bulbs so it's a crapshoot. I'm going through the same thing for new HID bulbs right now, trying to sort things out and get good bulbs without spending an arm and a leg.
Old 03-23-11, 05:11 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
Luck of the draw I guess! I just noticed last night one of my license plate LED's from warden is barely working as well. Glad your experience has been better and I've heard alot of good things but I don't think I'll be taking the chance on them again. Honestly it's hard to know what to expect from any of these places, I'd guess many of them have the exact same bulbs so it's a crapshoot. I'm going through the same thing for new HID bulbs right now, trying to sort things out and get good bulbs without spending an arm and a leg.
My right license plate bulb wasn't shining as bright too. I removed the bulb and adjusted the metal contacts and that did the trick. Good luck with the HID bulbs
Old 04-15-11, 06:49 PM
Kozy04
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn...sold out..not all of them but still !

Great right up OP looks like a million bucks... although it did cost some change for LED's.
Old 09-07-11, 08:28 AM
Topkat050
Driver School Candidate

Default oem hid

okay a little confused fellas as i am still new to this car. so i have the OEM HID that my GS400 came with what output are they and to make them brighter do i have to just get a brighter bulb?

#2 i hate the yellow orange or whatever color the two inner lights are i wanna make them look like my low beams so being i have the stock HID in my low beams do i just drop a brighter HID bulb or do i have to get another HID kit to put into the the DRL.

3# One last question guys thanks for being patient what are those two little bulbs in the inner lights and whats their function? i wanna make those blue or red is that possible
Old 09-14-11, 10:54 AM
brboydjr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Topkat050
okay a little confused fellas as i am still new to this car. so i have the OEM HID that my GS400 came with what output are they and to make them brighter do i have to just get a brighter bulb?

#2 i hate the yellow orange or whatever color the two inner lights are i wanna make them look like my low beams so being i have the stock HID in my low beams do i just drop a brighter HID bulb or do i have to get another HID kit to put into the the DRL.

3# One last question guys thanks for being patient what are those two little bulbs in the inner lights and whats their function? i wanna make those blue or red is that possible
#1 - to get the OEM lights brighter you may just have to replace them with an after market kit
#2 - The 2 inner lights are Day Running Lights (DRL). to make them look brighter then you'd have to replace them with LED bulbs
#3 - you could replace them with blue or red bulbs but this may be illegal in some states so you may want to check first.
Old 05-09-12, 11:42 AM
TahoeLexus
Driver School Candidate

i just want to bump this thread up cause it helped me out alot because i used the SEARCH button lol and maybe it will help others out too.
Old 08-21-12, 05:26 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Hey man your car looks AMAZING non the less. Ima check out those links you have posted. If I have any questions ill definitely PM you. I'm doing the same thing for my 430. But since I didn't know before where to get any of these lights, I couldn't do much. All I have installed right now is the white LED lights over my plate. I can't wait to get the whole thing done. Ima post some pics on here. Thanks bro, your thread helped m %150. SICK CAR LOOKS ELEGANT, LUXURIOUSLY BRIGHT, AND CLEAN!
Old 09-07-12, 11:03 AM
VIPG35
Lead Lap

Nice and bright
Old 11-09-12, 11:16 AM
namngo

Default Having Trouble

I was able to install my left LED DRL without any problems. Super easy. However, I can't even get the driver's side bulb out. It's being blocked by the car frame? It looks like I have to take out the head light to take out the bulb. Is this normal?
Old 11-20-12, 01:13 PM
celm
Pole Position

can this be used for the little light in the HI-Beam area i guess its called teh city light?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6000K-White-...5c284d&vxp=mtr
Old 11-20-12, 10:09 PM
komar
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by celm
can this be used for the little light in the HI-Beam area i guess its called teh city light?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6000K-White-...5c284d&vxp=mtr
I used same/ similar set up for doors 4, interior rear door dome 2, and license plate 2. my last 2 are for the city lights but I have yet to tackle the front bumper removal for the swap out.
Then the squares for the front dome (3) and 1 in trunk. Fit very well and wedged under the original reflector.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120960153862...84.m1439.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280987079617...84.m1439.l2649

super super bright!!!!

I also experimented with http://www.ebay.com/itm/120929631899...84.m1439.l2649 but alas they were too beam directional and blue hue to utilize.
Old 12-18-12, 10:05 PM
celm
Pole Position

I put a set of 7440/7443 white led in my back directionals, now when i turn the directional right or left. it flashes very fast like there is a bulb out,but when i checked there isnt. When i put the hazards on,the flash is the slow normal speed.Any insight on this guys and my car is a 99 aristo
Old 12-19-12, 06:12 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by celm
I put a set of 7440/7443 white led in my back directionals, now when i turn the directional right or left. it flashes very fast like there is a bulb out,but when i checked there isnt. When i put the hazards on,the flash is the slow normal speed.Any insight on this guys and my car is a 99 aristo
Check out the 2nd FAQ ("Turn signal issues with LED bulbs") at http://www.v-leds.com/page/faq.html

Quick Reply: Led/Hid retrofit review from V-LEDS.com in my 00 GS300 (lots of pictures)