Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Led/Hid retrofit review from V-LEDS.com in my 00 GS300 (lots of pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-09, 01:22 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

my city lights already dimmed. I contacted v-led for warrenty on it.
Old 02-11-09, 06:57 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 105 Likes on 83 Posts

My city light became defective within 1-2 months. =\
Old 02-15-09, 01:52 PM
FuMoFFuTT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice write-up! I was hoping to see how bright the reverse lights are when your car's in reverse, you think you can post a picture of how much light output behind your car instead of a picture of the leds itself?
Old 02-27-09, 03:48 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

they now have a 6 led city light instead of the 4 led one used in this thread. Im slowly piecing together my led project all thanks to this thread.

And can someone clear this up for me. Sorry for being slow, but if I put an hid kit in my high beam housings where currently I have drl/high beam. What happends to the drl feature? Will the hid kit just not light up unless im on high beam? Or am I required to run the hid harness that v-leds sells? I am confused because right now when lets say I drive the car with lights off the drl goes on by itself, and when I put on my headlights the drl turns off and city lights go on. According to this thread he is running no module or relay and he has no drl, how is this possible with just installing an hid kit?

Last edited by FinLIFE; 02-27-09 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-28-09, 02:46 PM
MRTUND350
Rookie

Originally Posted by GS4_CS
they now have a 6 led city light instead of the 4 led one used in this thread. Im slowly piecing together my led project all thanks to this thread.

And can someone clear this up for me. Sorry for being slow, but if I put an hid kit in my high beam housings where currently I have drl/high beam. What happends to the drl feature? Will the hid kit just not light up unless im on high beam? Or am I required to run the hid harness that v-leds sells? I am confused because right now when lets say I drive the car with lights off the drl goes on by itself, and when I put on my headlights the drl turns off and city lights go on. According to this thread he is running no module or relay and he has no drl, how is this possible with just installing an hid kit?
If you install the HID kit in the high beams your DRL will not be active because it does not have the proper load and or current to supply adequate power to the ballast. There is a way to have HID DRLS but you would be high beaming people all day. Best thing to do is leave it disabled unless you absolutely have to have it.

The 6 LED flank bulb is not better or brighter than the 4 LED High Power Flank bulb. Those are not normal SMT LEDs used in the 4 Flank bulb, they are .5w each. They are much brighter than the standard SMT LEDs.
Old 02-28-09, 03:49 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is such a huge difference, and not cheap

Last edited by GS300Rich; 03-10-09 at 04:03 AM.
Old 03-10-09, 04:06 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sam430
Yes it'll do the super annoying blinking. I have it and will need to replace the relay (about 8 bux I believe). I don't know which relay to use...haven't look into it. I can live with the annoying blinking for a little bit because I haven't upgraded the front turn signal yet...then I'll upgrade the relay.

I have the fast blinking as well and on the dash the taillight warning is on, saying one of the lights in the tails is bad. Is this caused by the blinker? I checked all lights and they all light up just fine. The light on the dash can be taken care of but the fast blinker is just not something I want to live with. Anyone know where this relay is to change it and why the LED bulb cause the blinkers to do this?
Old 03-10-09, 08:47 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

You can buy the relay from ebay or vled. Get the toyota/lexus version there is one for 2 led and 4 led. You will lose the confirmation blink when you press the alarm from the remote (the double blink)...you will still hear the beep. It's cheaper on ebay just get the parts number off vled.
Old 03-10-09, 06:58 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I posted this before I saw the other thread in the 2GS forum, too bad we are stuck with the warning light on the dash, I dont feel like going through all that electrical hassle to get rid of it, I guess I will get out some black electrical tape
Old 03-10-09, 08:07 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

BananaGS published a away to permanently remove the brake light warning.
http://bananags.grantham-internation...le_brake_warn/

It's not a better solution but someone into electical can open it up and see what makes it tick and modify it to handle lower voltage detection.
Old 03-16-09, 08:35 PM
2kaygs4
Driver School Candidate

anyone have any updated information on this? Full Led upgrade is coming quick for me.
Old 03-16-09, 09:22 PM
2kaygs4
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GS4_CS

link to 6 led city lights instead of the older 4 that the thread was originated with?
Old 03-23-09, 12:16 PM
AsGs300
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sweet, and thanks for the links to each bulbs, Clean car you got there
Old 03-23-09, 02:45 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

My star red led both went out for inner brake light. Check your lights before someone slams into your rear.
Old 03-23-09, 03:52 PM
ELL Y
Lexus Test Driver

Wow that interior is super bright. Draws too much attention for me, and would hurt my eyes, but still pretty cool

Quick Reply: Led/Hid retrofit review from V-LEDS.com in my 00 GS300 (lots of pictures)