Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

HIDEXTRA.com HID Review

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-10 | 04:47 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

i need to order a set of h3 6k for 97 sc300

does your plug mate to oem power plug for lexus sc 300 on my last set i had to hack off the plugs and hard wire for fogs

does anyone have a picture of actual plug from this kit for h3 kit so i can see if same is required on this kit
Old 02-16-10 | 04:06 PM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

HI,

our kit is direct plug and play with either male/female plug or wire harness that has metal prong that can be plugged in directly into your oem connector. Thanks~

michelle

Originally Posted by lexforlife
i need to order a set of h3 6k for 97 sc300

does your plug mate to oem power plug for lexus sc 300 on my last set i had to hack off the plugs and hard wire for fogs

does anyone have a picture of actual plug from this kit for h3 kit so i can see if same is required on this kit
Old 02-17-10 | 04:34 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by HIDXTRA
HI,

our kit is direct plug and play with either male/female plug or wire harness that has metal prong that can be plugged in directly into your oem connector. Thanks~

michelle
can you post a quick pic of the actual connector which is the power source

i still have the oem connector plug that i chopped off to hard prior kit , i can reattach it but before i do this i wanna make sure it will mate to your connector

the oem connector plugged into the back of the oem fog housing .. with hid you dont use that sorce anymore for the wires come thru the back of the housing to connect to hid connectors so exactly how doe that same plug mate to yours
Old 02-17-10 | 12:17 PM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

HI,

We do apologize but we don't have pictures of our parts since some wire harnesses from one kit to another looks differently. Thanks~

michelle

Originally Posted by lexforlife
can you post a quick pic of the actual connector which is the power source

i still have the oem connector plug that i chopped off to hard prior kit , i can reattach it but before i do this i wanna make sure it will mate to your connector

the oem connector plugged into the back of the oem fog housing .. with hid you dont use that sorce anymore for the wires come thru the back of the housing to connect to hid connectors so exactly how doe that same plug mate to yours
Old 02-17-10 | 04:03 PM
rselby
Lead Lap

all the kits are plug n play( correct)...I just orderd a 6000k kit for my fogs...will this require me to run power wires from the battery to the ballast?...
Old 02-18-10 | 01:58 PM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Relay not needed for fogs, thanks~

michelle

Originally Posted by rselby
all the kits are plug n play( correct)...I just orderd a 6000k kit for my fogs...will this require me to run power wires from the battery to the ballast?...
Old 02-19-10 | 12:06 PM
albis350
Driver

Thumbs up

Just ordered a set of low beans 6k couldn't resist the awesome price and the great reviews
Old 02-26-10 | 12:56 AM
cino21
Pole Position

just ordered 10k lowbeams
Old 02-26-10 | 02:51 PM
Maliy0204
Driver School Candidate

I want to order 6000k hids for my Lexus gs400 year 2000. Which one exactly do I need? Thanks
Old 03-01-10 | 03:36 AM
potatoBBQ
Intermediate

I think I have the same question as lexforlife... Do the positive/negative wires coming from your HID H3 bulb plug into the factory leads on the circular black housing cover and then the wires on the ballast plug into the other side of that circular black housing cover (like the factory halogens)? Or would your HID H3 bulb plug directly into the ballast and then we would have to cut/drill into the factory circular black housing cover? Attached are a couple of picture of the 97+ SC foglight housing (from neurocity's DIY):
Attached Thumbnails HIDEXTRA.com HID Review-298.jpg   HIDEXTRA.com HID Review-dscn3589.jpg  

Last edited by potatoBBQ; 03-01-10 at 03:49 AM.
Old 03-01-10 | 11:15 AM
whise
Driver

Originally Posted by HIDXTRA
Relay not needed for fogs, thanks~

michelle
what about for headlights 9006 HID Conversion lit

Last edited by whise; 03-01-10 at 11:22 AM.
Old 03-01-10 | 11:32 AM
tpham86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by potatoBBQ
I think I have the same question as lexforlife... Do the positive/negative wires coming from your HID H3 bulb plug into the factory leads on the circular black housing cover and then the wires on the ballast plug into the other side of that circular black housing cover (like the factory halogens)? Or would your HID H3 bulb plug directly into the ballast and then we would have to cut/drill into the factory circular black housing cover? Attached are a couple of picture of the 97+ SC foglight housing (from neurocity's DIY):
you have to cut a hole in the factory housing. A total of 4 wires will need to fit through it. I just cut the wires coming off the h3 bulb and soldered them back together after running it through the hole.
Old 03-01-10 | 02:13 PM
hoonami
Pole Position

what is warranty on these hid kits?
Old 03-01-10 | 05:01 PM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Hi,

Does your car come with stock HID or stock halogen? Since you didn't specify see below for ordering instructions

Ordering Instructions:

1.) Go to this link to check on bulb type
http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...lacementGuide/

2.) Then go to www.hidextra.com and choose the (BULB TYPE AND COLOR)

3.) Use Express checkout

4.) Input coupon code: springsp-m to get $17 off the kit price
Input coupon code: tenpercentoff-m to get 10% off bulbs only, ballast or accessories

5.) IF you are purchasing more than one kit, please do SEPARATE transactions for EACH kit in order to get discount on all kits.

Thanks~

Michelle

Originally Posted by Maliy0204
I want to order 6000k hids for my Lexus gs400 year 2000. Which one exactly do I need? Thanks
Old 03-01-10 | 05:03 PM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

HI,

In your case, the prongs come from wire harness.

so

bulbs --> ballast --> Wire harness --> Oem connector

And you would need to drill a hole in your housing cover or not use the cover at all. thanks~

Michelle

Originally Posted by potatoBBQ

Quick Reply: HIDEXTRA.com HID Review