Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

HIDEXTRA.com HID Review

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-10, 11:52 PM
GGP927
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the great HID kit michelle

although i had to do some adjusting with the polarity on the 9003 kit for the camry, they came out great after some modification. 6000k is nice a bright even with the fogged lenses, imagine if the lense was clear!

i'll take some pictures hopefully tomorrow
Old 06-03-10, 11:13 AM
damon
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Michelle et al,
Installed my kit yesterday & have a few questions.

1) I also installed a pair of new Eagle Eyes headlights with your bulbs installed. These headlights have a pot metal shield or diffusor that sits in front of & somewhat encompasses the bulb. Should I keep it or remove it?

2) Under what circumstances would I benefit from the relay?

thanks, Mark
Old 06-03-10, 11:21 AM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

HI,

It doesn't matter if you keep or remove them, see how you like the lights with both setups. it's personal preference . thanks!

michelle

Originally Posted by damon
Michelle et al,
Installed my kit yesterday & have a few questions.

1) I also installed a pair of new Eagle Eyes headlights with your bulbs installed. These headlights have a pot metal shield or diffusor that sits in front of & somewhat encompasses the bulb. Should I keep it or remove it?

2) Under what circumstances would I benefit from the relay?

thanks, Mark
Old 06-06-10, 12:46 AM
GGP927
Rookie

Hi michelle,

I recently did the 9003/H4 hi/lo reverse on the polarity of the wires. Installation of the HID's became a breeze. But, a few days after, the right passenger side of the bulb went out for some reason. I tested the bulb on the driver side on the passenger side and it worked, so it can't be the ballast. Is there still a possible replacement even though I bought the kit a while ago and I no longer have my order #?

If a warrantied replacement isn't possible, how much would it be to buy a whole new bulb (assuming it comes with all the wires needed to connect it to the ballast and oem harness as if it came brand new out of the kid)

Thanks,

Ken
Old 06-06-10, 02:34 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORDER PLACED TODAY! ---

4 my Girlfriends 06 Corolla ! YES!

Will update once installed !
Old 06-07-10, 01:16 PM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

HI,

Email me your full name and a copy of this message and i can see if you are still under warranty, otherwise I can get you a discount for a brand new pair of bulbs for 10% off.

Thanks!

Michelle

Originally Posted by GGP927
Hi michelle,

I recently did the 9003/H4 hi/lo reverse on the polarity of the wires. Installation of the HID's became a breeze. But, a few days after, the right passenger side of the bulb went out for some reason. I tested the bulb on the driver side on the passenger side and it worked, so it can't be the ballast. Is there still a possible replacement even though I bought the kit a while ago and I no longer have my order #?

If a warrantied replacement isn't possible, how much would it be to buy a whole new bulb (assuming it comes with all the wires needed to connect it to the ballast and oem harness as if it came brand new out of the kid)

Thanks,

Ken
Old 06-09-10, 09:12 PM
damon
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Michelle,

I am very impressed with the quality of your product & the customer support that you provide. It is nice to be able not just to be seen but to actually see
at night!! The hardest part of the install for me was squeezing the weather proof connectors thru the rubber O-ring.

94LS
Old 06-11-10, 12:30 PM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Hi Everyone!

Just want to notify you all that it's been great working with you!! Starting next monday I have been moved to the wholesale department of the company and will no longer be with HIDeXtra!! My colleague here "Karen" will be taking over and she is as good in customer service as me! Thanks for your continuous support and business!!!

Michelle
Old 06-11-10, 03:37 PM
robertoyou
Advanced

Michelle,

ive heard a lot of good things about you as a represenataive through this forum, so its kind of sad to see you go.

i ordered my hid kit and this color temperatues is WAY off from what the website showed and described, idk if i got a wrong bulb or something like that.
I ordered a 6000k which the HIDextra describes as "diamond white- white with a hint of blue." well this thing is completely and totally blue, idk if its that you guys use some cheap bulbs, I got the wrong bulb or if maybe it was even me who mistaken the color (which i doubt, because i did extensive looking at color temperatues to make sure i got the right one), but is there anyway I can do an exchange or even a refund. I would definitely like an exchange at the minimum.

Thank you in advance,

Robert
Old 06-11-10, 03:47 PM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

HI Robert,

If you indeed ordered the 6K and got the 8K, we'll definitely get you the white bulbs, sometimes it could be a defective bulb that was put into the 6K batch. Email me your order # and full name to info@hidextra.com and a picture of the lights and I'll work something out for you. Thanks!

michelle

Originally Posted by robertoyou
Michelle,

ive heard a lot of good things about you as a represenataive through this forum, so its kind of sad to see you go.

i ordered my hid kit and this color temperatues is WAY off from what the website showed and described, idk if i got a wrong bulb or something like that.
I ordered a 6000k which the HIDextra describes as "diamond white- white with a hint of blue." well this thing is completely and totally blue, idk if its that you guys use some cheap bulbs, I got the wrong bulb or if maybe it was even me who mistaken the color (which i doubt, because i did extensive looking at color temperatues to make sure i got the right one), but is there anyway I can do an exchange or even a refund. I would definitely like an exchange at the minimum.

Thank you in advance,

Robert
Old 06-12-10, 08:06 AM
elite7
Driver

Originally Posted by HIDXTRA
Hi Everyone!

Just want to notify you all that it's been great working with you!! Starting next monday I have been moved to the wholesale department of the company and will no longer be with HIDeXtra!! My colleague here "Karen" will be taking over and she is as good in customer service as me! Thanks for your continuous support and business!!!

Michelle
Hi Michelle,

Congratulations to you. Can you please pass it on to Karen, that our clublexus orders carry a 2 year warranty? This way if something does happen within that period we will still be covered as you stated? Otherwise she may think that our kits have the regular 1 year warranty.
Old 06-13-10, 11:38 AM
inked
Driver School Candidate

Hey I was wondering if you guys carry the D4S bulbs? If not anyone know where I can get some for a decent price? Thanks
Old 06-13-10, 01:58 PM
jsjc
Driver School Candidate

Just want to give my feeback to either Michelle or Karen that my HID kit arrived in England, UK safely and it was without any additonal charges.

Fitted my H11 8k kit today and I'm well happy!

Thank you and great customer service. Keep up the good work!
Old 06-14-10, 08:09 AM
suffyk
Driver School Candidate

Michelle,

I have emailed you several times about your HID kit causing radio interference on my Lexus.

Here is your reply to me:

Sorry for the inconvenience, only less than 1 % of our customers experience this issue and it's by car specific and it
also depends if your area has strong or weak radio signals. You can try 2 options, wrapping the ballasts with 3 layers of tin foil.
Or upgrade to our slim version to see if that helps. Thanks and let me know!
Respectfully, I would rather avoid wrapping your ballasts in 3 layers of tin foil and having them placed into my brand new Lexus engine bay. I have advised you that I would like to return the kit as it clearly does not work as advertised on my vehicle.

I emailed you on June 10th advising you that I have tried a different ballast on my vehicle and there was no radio interference. Clearly the problem is the ballast in your kit. I am still waiting on your reply.

It is unfortunate that I had to sign up an account on this forum so that hopefully I can receive some sort of reply from your company.
Old 06-14-10, 01:24 PM
robertoyou
Advanced

Originally Posted by suffyk
Michelle,

I have emailed you several times about your HID kit causing radio interference on my Lexus.

Here is your reply to me:

Respectfully, I would rather avoid wrapping your ballasts in 3 layers of tin foil and having them placed into my brand new Lexus engine bay. I have advised you that I would like to return the kit as it clearly does not work as advertised on my vehicle.

I emailed you on June 10th advising you that I have tried a different ballast on my vehicle and there was no radio interference. Clearly the problem is the ballast in your kit. I am still waiting on your reply.

It is unfortunate that I had to sign up an account on this forum so that hopefully I can receive some sort of reply from your company.
Whats up man. i saw your post and thought id reply back. I'm going through the issue of an exchange with HIDextra and i JUST received a response via email this morning. They sent me an email with an attached PDF form that lists the instructions for WARRANTY and EXCHANGES, ONLY. and on the bottom of one of the pages it says that there isnt any refunds! and that all returns will only be credited for another purchase. the note that says this at the bottom is a little weird written and doesnt make too much sense, but thats what i understood from it. anyways, i hope im wrong and you get your refund, just thought id let you know. its unfortunate your having the interferances, i dont think ive heard anyone else with this problem. good luck to you. i guess if they make you do credit only, then you can try the slim ballast, which is the one i got. so far no issues, but then again i havnt used them much, since im trying to exchange (for a diff color). its very unfortunate that hidextra DOESNT list their full warranty or exchanges/refund policy on their website. i completely overlooked it prior to my purchase but i went back last night to look it up and i could not find it.

Quick Reply: HIDEXTRA.com HID Review