Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

HIDEXTRA.com HID Review

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-10, 03:04 PM
suffyk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

robertoyou - If I was dissatisfied with the color temperature I would not have as much of an issue. The problem is that I have been advised to wrap my ballasts in tin foil so that they could work as advertised. Clearly... this is not something that I am willing to do. I tried an alternate ballast (from a different kit that I have) and it works perfectly fine with no interference. It is unfortunate that I need to resort to posting on the board to hopefully get some sort of response (which I am still waiting for).
Old 06-17-10, 07:57 PM
robertoyou
Advanced

Originally Posted by suffyk
robertoyou - If I was dissatisfied with the color temperature I would not have as much of an issue. The problem is that I have been advised to wrap my ballasts in tin foil so that they could work as advertised. Clearly... this is not something that I am willing to do. I tried an alternate ballast (from a different kit that I have) and it works perfectly fine with no interference. It is unfortunate that I need to resort to posting on the board to hopefully get some sort of response (which I am still waiting for).

hey, i hope you got your response? i made a mistake in my reply to your original post. the pdf they sent me says they will make refunds, but minus 25% restocking fee or something like that.
did you gett your refund yet?

you havnt gotten anything on here most likely, cus michelle, the girl that was helping out on the forums, moved on to a diff job and shes no longer the rep for the forums.

and yeah i guess i can see how what they asked you to do sounds a little ridiculous. but just use whatever ballast worked for you then. hope you get your return.

im now in the process of an exchange, so we'll see how good their customer service is.
Old 06-21-10, 12:38 PM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by robertoyou
hey, i hope you got your response? i made a mistake in my reply to your original post. the pdf they sent me says they will make refunds, but minus 25% restocking fee or something like that.
did you gett your refund yet?

you havnt gotten anything on here most likely, cus michelle, the girl that was helping out on the forums, moved on to a diff job and shes no longer the rep for the forums.

and yeah i guess i can see how what they asked you to do sounds a little ridiculous. but just use whatever ballast worked for you then. hope you get your return.

im now in the process of an exchange, so we'll see how good their customer service is.

Hi guys,

If you have any questions for exchange/refund, please feel free to email me at info@hidextra.com and I'll take care of you guys right away.

thanks!

Karen
Old 06-22-10, 11:40 AM
sjlex
Driver

I've been ripped off by HIDEXTRA. I bought a kit from them on another forum for my integra. Michelle helped me with the exchange of my first kit I received due to bulbs not matching and one of the ballast died after a week. I shipped the kit back to fremont (which is a 15 min drive), costed me 8 bucks for shipping. Got the another kit back, clearly been used (stickers already applied and no protective backing like the first kit). She denies the kit being used, the bulbs once again do not match. By then I was fed up and just wanted a refund. Shipped the kit back ($8 dollars again). Weeks go by and I get a confirmation by email from their RMA department that the refund will be issued within 3 days. A week passes, no refund received and I PM michelle on the forum and her response is "the refund SHOULD'VE been issued, check your payment method"

I paid with paypal so it is simple to see whether or not I've received a refund, especially since I don't keep money in there. My assumption is the communication was lost and unclear somewhere between her RMA department and her great management skills that to this day the issue has not been resolved and thanks to HIDEXTRA, I am out of a total of 76 dollars with nothing to show for it. Learn from my experience, spend the extra money from a quality vendor with quality kits.
Old 06-23-10, 11:55 AM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sjlex
I've been ripped off by HIDEXTRA. I bought a kit from them on another forum for my integra. Michelle helped me with the exchange of my first kit I received due to bulbs not matching and one of the ballast died after a week. I shipped the kit back to fremont (which is a 15 min drive), costed me 8 bucks for shipping. Got the another kit back, clearly been used (stickers already applied and no protective backing like the first kit). She denies the kit being used, the bulbs once again do not match. By then I was fed up and just wanted a refund. Shipped the kit back ($8 dollars again). Weeks go by and I get a confirmation by email from their RMA department that the refund will be issued within 3 days. A week passes, no refund received and I PM michelle on the forum and her response is "the refund SHOULD'VE been issued, check your payment method"

I paid with paypal so it is simple to see whether or not I've received a refund, especially since I don't keep money in there. My assumption is the communication was lost and unclear somewhere between her RMA department and her great management skills that to this day the issue has not been resolved and thanks to HIDEXTRA, I am out of a total of 76 dollars with nothing to show for it. Learn from my experience, spend the extra money from a quality vendor with quality kits.
Can you PM me your order info (order # and your name) and I'll check the refund status for your right away since I couldn't find any PM from you in past record at all?

thanks

Karen
Old 06-30-10, 01:42 AM
vietkidd91
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by HIDXTRA
Below are customer's reviews and pictures that has installed HIDEXTRA.com HID kits.
All are welcome to post your questions related to HID lighting questions.
can i get one?? plz respond
my email is azsxdxxx91@yahoo.com
Old 06-30-10, 03:57 PM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by vietkidd91
can i get one?? plz respond
my email is azsxdxxx91@yahoo.com
replied thru email~

Karen
Old 07-02-10, 01:08 PM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

hope you guys have a nice 4th of july weekend~
Old 07-11-10, 09:22 AM
Extreme437
Pole Position

Are these kits problematic? I'm interested in the 3000K for my IS350. It seems a lot of the competition has left the site or the industry.

Also, what's the installation like? Plug and play? Just connect the ballasts to the stock bulb connectors and you're done?
Old 07-11-10, 06:38 PM
Extreme437
Pole Position

Order placed! Hope these are as good as many say they are. And I hope the installation is a breeze!
Old 07-12-10, 09:07 AM
LZMF1
Pole Position

karen, i just sent you an email concerning slim ballasts. i checked the HIDExtra site and didn't see any slim ballasts offered without being part of a conversion kit. i'm already all set i just need to replace my ballasts.
Old 07-12-10, 02:19 PM
LZMF1
Pole Position

thanks for the quick reply karen. my issue with my ballast was resolved thanks to my cousing having a spare sitting @ collecting dust but now i'm interested in replacing my H3 6000K bulbs with a fresh pair
Old 07-12-10, 02:57 PM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by LZMF1
thanks for the quick reply karen. my issue with my ballast was resolved thanks to my cousing having a spare sitting @ collecting dust but now i'm interested in replacing my H3 6000K bulbs with a fresh pair
reply thru email~
Old 07-13-10, 08:14 AM
LZMF1
Pole Position

thnaks karen, i cannot wait for the bulbs to arrive!!!
Old 07-14-10, 01:05 AM
mistaxko
Rookie

are D4S bulbs(8k) itself still avaliable? if yes, price pls?

Quick Reply: HIDEXTRA.com HID Review