PM me or email me at info@hidextra.com about this and I'll get you new ballast~

Thanks for the quick resolution Karen

Edwin
Old 09-24-10, 12:35 PM
djspawn00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by m32
Two of the six sets I've bought so far has flickering. Sometimes it goes away but I notice it. What is the solution to this? I know it's the ballast b/c I swapped out to another ballast and the flickering stopped

Edwin
I've actually had the same issue with two sets that I've gotten from HIDextra...
Old 09-24-10, 12:49 PM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to hear that, please email me at info@hidextra.com and i'll take care of you~
Old 09-25-10, 12:04 PM
kpyangz
Driver School Candidate

how much for 6k 2gs hid kit and does it come with everything? or just the ballast and wires no bulb?
Old 09-27-10, 10:29 PM
2JZSteven
Pole Position

just got my 6k low beams and 6k fogs. it came with extra bulbs for each set and a license plate frame! ima be rocking that frame and the lights as soon as my car comes back from the shop!
Old 09-28-10, 02:35 PM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kpyangz
how much for 6k 2gs hid kit and does it come with everything? or just the ballast and wires no bulb?
Do you mean D2S? for d2s kit, there are 2 bulbs, 2 ballasts, 2 D2 connectors and 2 wire harness with the kit. You can find the item here:
http://www.hidextra.com/d2s-hid-kit-1165
Old 09-28-10, 06:00 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by djspawn00
I've actually had the same issue with two sets that I've gotten from HIDextra...
ditto, except it's only happening on one of like 3 sets i've bought form hidextra. i keep going back simply because of Karen's customer service. she really takes care of us. i use to go to xenondepot, don't get me wrong, their customer service is good too, but Karen is just quicker in response and resolution.

ps karen, did you get my email? mines the order # 10880
Old 09-28-10, 11:57 PM
kpyangz
Driver School Candidate

i ment the 2nd gen gs300 what bulb size do i need? and is there a way to get hid for fog and high or is that impossible?
Old 09-29-10, 04:59 PM
nfordhk
Lead Lap

Hi I bought my 2 kits probably about 7 months ago and they were doing great but 1 of my fog light bulbs has burnt out. Is that covered under warranty or do I need to go ahead and purchase a bulb?
Old 09-30-10, 09:54 AM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by LexAnt
ditto, except it's only happening on one of like 3 sets i've bought form hidextra. i keep going back simply because of Karen's customer service. she really takes care of us. i use to go to xenondepot, don't get me wrong, their customer service is good too, but Karen is just quicker in response and resolution.

ps karen, did you get my email? mines the order # 10880

yup~ replied yesterday morning

Originally Posted by kpyangz
i ment the 2nd gen gs300 what bulb size do i need? and is there a way to get hid for fog and high or is that impossible?
bulb type info, you can check it here:
http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...lacementGuide/

Originally Posted by nfordhk
Hi I bought my 2 kits probably about 7 months ago and they were doing great but 1 of my fog light bulbs has burnt out. Is that covered under warranty or do I need to go ahead and purchase a bulb?

Yes, it is under warranty. email me at info@hidextra.com and i"ll take care of you~
Old 10-01-10, 06:01 PM
LZMF1
Pole Position

a strange thing happened to me this evening. i went out to pick up dinner for the wife and kids and during the drive home my high beams went on and refused to turn off!!!

i had a few miles to go before i was home so i figured i'd pull over, shut the engine off, remove the key, open the door, and exit the vehicle for a few minutes to see if they'd shut off. well needless to say they didn't. everything else dimmed down and shut off but the high beams stayed on.

i called my wife and told her i was a few minutes away and i'd get home as soon as possible provided that i didn't get pulled over or got into an accident because my high beams were refusing to shut off. i was worried that i might blind someone in oncoming traffic and they'd slam into me.

needless to say i got home just fine. i proceeded to go inside and quickly ate my dinner as the mrs. and kids had theirs. the highbeams never shut off. WTF!?!?!?!?!? i had to run out again but i went under the hood and disconnected the relay that i bought from HIDEeXtra.

sooooooooo after the long winded explanation i have a couple of questions: do relay harnesses go bad? if it went bad, why did my highs stay on? the indicator on the dash was not on at all and when i switched it to highbeams the indicator turned on. i tried turning it off and no dice!

wow are my highs bright but i don't need them on like that. any insight as to what may have caused this?
Old 10-02-10, 04:46 AM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LZMF1
a strange thing happened to me this evening. i went out to pick up dinner for the wife and kids and during the drive home my high beams went on and refused to turn off!!!

i had a few miles to go before i was home so i figured i'd pull over, shut the engine off, remove the key, open the door, and exit the vehicle for a few minutes to see if they'd shut off. well needless to say they didn't. everything else dimmed down and shut off but the high beams stayed on.

i called my wife and told her i was a few minutes away and i'd get home as soon as possible provided that i didn't get pulled over or got into an accident because my high beams were refusing to shut off. i was worried that i might blind someone in oncoming traffic and they'd slam into me.

needless to say i got home just fine. i proceeded to go inside and quickly ate my dinner as the mrs. and kids had theirs. the highbeams never shut off. WTF!?!?!?!?!? i had to run out again but i went under the hood and disconnected the relay that i bought from HIDEeXtra.

sooooooooo after the long winded explanation i have a couple of questions: do relay harnesses go bad? if it went bad, why did my highs stay on? the indicator on the dash was not on at all and when i switched it to highbeams the indicator turned on. i tried turning it off and no dice!

wow are my highs bright but i don't need them on like that. any insight as to what may have caused this?
Keep us posted on this.
Old 10-02-10, 04:32 PM
LZMF1
Pole Position

i literally just removed the relay harness and the high beams turn on and off no prob now. it may have been the relay itself.

now i'm not sure if i'll even bother replacing it.
Old 10-02-10, 06:41 PM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LZMF1,

So were all your HIDs were from HIDSExtra?

Quick Reply: HIDEXTRA.com HID Review