Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

HIDEXTRA.com HID Review

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-10, 11:39 PM
omgswifty
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installation is the same as any hid kit, and the quality
Y is the same if not better than more expensive kits. Would buy from hidxtra again if I ever need to change it up. Maybe my fogs next
Old 12-09-10, 05:08 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

it usually does start up green but suppose to settle at yellow, if it doesnt then send the, pictures.
Old 12-09-10, 04:50 PM
Mike813
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wire harness review.

So I ordered a wiring harness from hidextra and wanted to write a quick review. the harness is a straight p&p. only downside of the wiring harness for a GS300 is that our battery is towards the back passenger firewall and not like most other model cars which is up front closer to the headlights.

the longest wire on the harness (towards the drivers side headlight) falls short about 18-20 inches to reach the front headlights if you are routing it from behind the firewall and after the negative & positive is connected to the battery the last 2 wires falls short about 12-15 inches to reach the front passenger headlights. I was lucky enough to have a couple of spare "extension" connectors from previously purchased bulbs from them and used those as extensions instead of chopping up the wires and extending them myself.

this is only for vehicles with the battery towards the back firewall. if it was used on any vehicle with a front mounted battery it would be perfect in length.
Old 12-09-10, 10:10 PM
holyking
Rookie

hi, anyone who have is250/350. encounter problem with flickering light during turn on the hid? i just want to make sure that it will not cause any problem to my car. thanks you
Old 12-09-10, 11:19 PM
quang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i think most of the people have that at start up from what I read including myself
Old 12-10-10, 07:10 AM
ranorris2
Rookie

Originally Posted by holyking
hi, anyone who have is250/350. encounter problem with flickering light during turn on the hid? i just want to make sure that it will not cause any problem to my car. thanks you
It will not harm anything on your car...do you have a relay harness installed?
Old 12-10-10, 03:38 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

cool, Karen sent out my replacement 3k bulbs.
Old 12-10-10, 11:29 PM
holyking
Rookie

Originally Posted by ranorris2
It will not harm anything on your car...do you have a relay harness installed?
i will try it tomorrow +1
Old 12-11-10, 06:42 PM
tardorange
Driver

DO NOT USE THE ANTI FLICKER/WARNING CANCELING CABLE!!!

I bought my 8000k H7 HID conversion kit for my 2008 BMW 5 series on 11/29/2010. I received it 12/6/2010. I tried installing it yesterday but I could not as the kit is NOT PLUG AND PLAY. You need to modify the existing bulb holder to make the HID bulb fit.

So I had to buy 2 H7 Bulb holders form a local shop that sells and does HID installs. That cost me $15. Upon installing the kit the anti flicker/warning canceling cable exploded. BOTH SIDES EXPLODED WITHIN SECONDS.

The anti flicker/warning canceling cable was just a capacitor wrapped in electrical tape NOT PROFESSIONAL at all. Without these anti flicking/warning canceling cables the HIDS would start up and flicker like a strobe show then turn off. I would then receive two bulb out errors on my dash. I then paid $30 for some "legit" anti flicker/warning canceling cables.

Finally the kit was installed. The color 8000k is a light blue and perfect the output is good. The ballast seems very cheap has NO markings and was dented in TWO places due to the POOR shipping.

The poor packaging, cheap ballasts and DANGEROUS anti flicker/error canceling cables made me realize how "professional" HIDEXTRA is.

I am THANKFUL no one was in the car driving when the anti flicker/warning canceling cables exploded. Driving at night on the highway at 80MPH when your hear BANG BANG and see smoke coming from the hood and then the lights cut out.

I had high hopes for HIDEXTRA. I was interested in placing orders for 3000k fogs for my Lexus and 10000k fogs for my 5 series. I could have given HIDEXTRA TONS OF BUSINESS by referring them to my friends and family but I am going to tell them to STAY AWAY.

BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Last edited by tardorange; 12-11-10 at 06:51 PM.
Old 12-11-10, 10:42 PM
350zTT
Driver School Candidate

Pics sent! Do you want me to send the green ones back to you?
Old 12-12-10, 02:01 AM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i ordered around thanksgiving and never received it despite getting an email it was shipped. then i emailed them this week, and my order has been changed from "shipped" to "pending" with an email requesting which kit i needed.

btw, i bought a set before for an old cr-v (5k) about a year ago, no problems so far.
Old 12-14-10, 04:50 PM
holyking
Rookie

sorry, what do you guy mean relay harness?? you mean rewire the hid kit to the battery ?
Old 12-14-10, 07:15 PM
ranorris2
Rookie

Originally Posted by holyking
sorry, what do you guy mean relay harness?? you mean rewire the hid kit to the battery ?
Yes, buy a harness from who you bought your hid's from and wire it from your battery to your ballast...it's self explanatory, you cant mess up...

doing this will fix your flickering light.
Old 12-15-10, 02:39 PM
Jrezo
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OEM Hid bulb swap. did anyone have problems with Flicker? Mine are driving me crazy. Is there another issue besides the bulb? again this is oem and not the Kit.

thanks
Old 12-15-10, 08:45 PM
MrBBQ
Lexus Test Driver

How often does Karen from HIDextra log on? Last time she logged on was 12/8/10.. trying to get me a set of replacement bulbs (they shipped me the wrong bulbs)

Quick Reply: HIDEXTRA.com HID Review