Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

HIDEXTRA.com HID Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-11, 12:02 AM
DRELOC
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike813
i had a few issues with their bulbs that i bought but not the ballast itself but they took care of that in about a weeks time. it was almost around 3 sets of bulbs i had to report to be defective before these worked out. I think they ended up buying a bad bulk or something but honest truth they took care of my emails and communicated asap to my emails. all you have to do is follow their pdf. instructions on how to receive a replacement.

the issue i was having was constant bulb flickering as well, now it flickers at start up like 2 times and settles but that is a norm from what i hear.
So wait, the problem with your 3K bulbs turning lime green and another golden yellow when it ignited it's actually the bulb itself not the ballast? I have the same exact problem like yours when i received the replacement ballast. My old ballasts that gave out on me both ignited the bulbs lime green and then settled on golden yellow after 30sec warm up.
Old 02-06-11, 07:59 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

My ballast just went out today after a little under a year, other then that its been good, now i just need to order a new one and hopefully get it put in before i get pulled over
Old 02-13-11, 08:58 PM
Supremeg56
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol same here have had them for about 2 years on my gfs car and the ballast just got weak not out putting the same amount of power just ordered a new set for her different color this time i went with 5000k
Old 02-21-11, 12:34 AM
MoeIS350
Driver

order #14711

status??
Old 02-21-11, 01:58 PM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MoeIS350
order #14711

status??
Hello, your order has been prepared to go out tomorrow since today is USPS holiday. You will receive a tracking number shortly. Thanks!
Old 02-21-11, 06:10 PM
MoeIS350
Driver

Originally Posted by HIDXTRA
Hello, your order has been prepared to go out tomorrow since today is USPS holiday. You will receive a tracking number shortly. Thanks!
Since my order is over $75 do I get the free led set?

Thanks for the reply by the way
Old 02-24-11, 01:57 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm just curious here with all you guys experiencing light flickering. Did any of you install
a harness kit from HIDextra ? I have similar issue on my set, I had it for almost 2 years passenger side started to flicker and went out. I bought a new identical kit but this time
with the harness so that I have constant power to the bulbs which makes it even brighter
and no more flickering issues.
Old 03-10-11, 05:06 PM
J2K
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jjbenzo
Hid Extra seems to sell junk. I ordered a pair of 6000k HID bulbs a couple weeks ago. Instantly one flickered as soon as I turned the headlights on for the first time (and continued to do so, but would stay lit), while the other would flicker for a few seconds and then go out completely. I am so sick of dealing with these people. I have sent countless emails regarding my disappointment and requesting replacements. Never once did they acknowledge my emails. I ended up putting my old HID bulbs (another brand, 8000k's) back in for the meantime. It looks like I just lost money on this one as I don't anticipate ever actually getting replacements sent out (since they can't answer any emails). Does poor quality and no communication seem to be the norm for these people? I truly think HIDExtra.com is not up to the level of customer service that Lexus owners expect. I think if ClubLexus.com moderators knew about the junk these people sell, that HIDExtra would not be a ClubLexus sponsor. So, who puts out quality HID bulbs?
I have had a very similar experience. I ordered a 6000k H11 kit back in mid January and STILL DON"T HAVE WORKING BULBS. I have called and been told by the person answering the phone that he can't help me. I have emailed countless times..... no response. This company's customer service is non-existent. From my experience I would say that poor quality and no customer service is the norm for HIDextra.
Old 03-11-11, 06:12 PM
panerai7
Driver School Candidate

Their bulbs are terrible. I ordered 5000k and they're blue like their 8k. Their balasts at least the ones I got are not waterproof and have a solutely no markings on them. Gotta be a 10 dollar chinese junk. I am waiting on some sale to get xenon depot kit. And yes I have bought two sets of bulbs and all 4 are junk and very dim. No way they're 5k
Old 03-20-11, 08:51 AM
VicsIS350
Driver

Exclamation Wow

As usual when a thread starts it sounds great then as you go on to last page it shows issues...I'm interested but don't want issues like this last page shows..obviously I didn't read all pages but if all you who have bought would please write me a review now on your experience rather good or bad...write what you want rather long sentences or singular word review I bought a 8000k for my MB years ago like 07 or 06 from a company then called carlabs out of Cali..til this day no issue with bulbs or ballasts at all but I did have to have the lighting set to HID which I believe its best here also..because when I followed the sellers instruction that they can be set on standard bulbs I did experience the flickering issue. Now if anyone knows other vendors selling kits please inform me here. TIA
Old 03-20-11, 09:08 AM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by VicsIS350
As usual when a thread starts it sounds great then as you go on to last page it shows issues...I'm interested but don't want issues like this last page shows..obviously I didn't read all pages but if all you who have bought would please write me a review now on your experience rather good or bad...write what you want rather long sentences or singular word review I bought a 8000k for my MB years ago like 07 or 06 from a company then called carlabs out of Cali..til this day no issue with bulbs or ballasts at all but I did have to have the lighting set to HID which I believe its best here also..because when I followed the sellers instruction that they can be set on standard bulbs I did experience the flickering issue. Now if anyone knows other vendors selling kits please inform me here. TIA
There's TONS of companies selling HID kits for these cars now. Just Google it (don't mean to sound like an a-hole, but there really are a lot).

I can't speak to the quality of their kits, but HIDextras customer service is severely lacking. I ordered some LEDs on March 2nd, they were marked as shipped on March 3rd, and on March 16th I got a refund with no explanation. I called and e-mailed them, no response. Really annoying.
Old 03-20-11, 09:43 AM
VicsIS350
Driver

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RSTSpeed
There's TONS of companies selling HID kits for these cars now. Just Google it (don't mean to sound like an a-hole, but there really are a lot).

I can't speak to the quality of their kits, but HIDextras customer service is severely lacking. I ordered some LEDs on March 2nd, they were marked as shipped on March 3rd, and on March 16th I got a refund with no explanation. I called and e-mailed them, no response. Really annoying.
Well thanks for very quick reply...I have googled it and found

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/HID-Kits-s/216.htm

I'm reading reviews and they seem good overall...I definitely don't think you are or sound like an A hole you are trying to guide me in better direction. I felt very skeptical about a $59 dollar kit to begin with..and so many places claim but little produce quality parts...I almost bought a pair cause of price but decided let me review first. I think for a car like mine that is 15 years old there should be good quality products at a decent price...thanks
Old 03-20-11, 02:18 PM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by VicsIS350
Well thanks for very quick reply...I have googled it and found

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/HID-Kits-s/216.htm

I'm reading reviews and they seem good overall...I definitely don't think you are or sound like an A hole you are trying to guide me in better direction. I felt very skeptical about a $59 dollar kit to begin with..and so many places claim but little produce quality parts...I almost bought a pair cause of price but decided let me review first. I think for a car like mine that is 15 years old there should be good quality products at a decent price...thanks
I think the Xenon Depot (aka KB Car Stuff) are good kits. A LOT of people on this forum have them. That's one of my next purchases, too!
Old 03-20-11, 04:49 PM
Mike813
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DRELOC
So wait, the problem with your 3K bulbs turning lime green and another golden yellow when it ignited it's actually the bulb itself not the ballast? I have the same exact problem like yours when i received the replacement ballast. My old ballasts that gave out on me both ignited the bulbs lime green and then settled on golden yellow after 30sec warm up.
yea, in my case it was the bulbs. i personally think they just got a bad set of supplies. ive bought about 5 sets of kits from them before and never had any issues until these last few months with the new set when i decided to place them in my fogs. i have 2 sets on a civic, 2 sets on my GS and a few set on my relatives vehicles. only the new set purchased this year for my fogs had the issues, the others were purchased early 2009 when they first offered the group buy.
Old 03-20-11, 08:18 PM
Mick
Pole Position

AI ordered 3 kits a year and 3 months ago and finally one of the kits went out. Emailed customer service and they are saying warranty was only a year. What gives?

Originally Posted by HIDXTRA
Hi,

Our new improved shipments have much less defects than before, we also do have 2 year warranty, so we can do an exchange for you if the part becomes defective within the 2 year period. Other than that, only other customers can reply to you on their review of our product!

Thanks!

Michelle
Is Michelle no longer with them, she had the best customer service.

Quick Reply: HIDEXTRA.com HID Review