Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

HIDEXTRA.com HID Review

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-11, 04:06 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by djyoshi626
Thinking of purchasing from HIDExtra, should I stay away or is customer service good....?
Their service seems good so far.
But I ordered from the BF. I received the HID kit and wrong color bulbs and one side started flicker but after awhile it went away, I sent them a email and received new bulbs a few days later. One bulb ended up being the correct color (5000k white) While the other one is blue. I might contact them once again to fix it.
Old 12-30-11, 08:04 PM
curepunx
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered three kits from the black friday sale. Althought it did take about 2+weeks to receive them, I remained positive. One midslim kit was installed with no issues (yet, as of today) other than them not being anywhere near crystal white and a second was installed on my car with the 3000K bulbs showing only green. One of those regular ballasts randomly stopped working. I swapped the ballasts and the bulbs were turning on. Results, one bad ballast in a few days period from being installed. I went ahead and checked the third kit' ballasts while i was at it and thankfully they did turn on properly. So,as of today;

Three kits (1-mid slim, 2 regular)
1-dead regular ballast
5000K bulbs are way too blue and seem closer to 8000K.
3000K bulbs are NOT yellow/orange. They continuously appear as neon green or of that sort.
I will be submitting a warranty claim shortly. I REALLY hope that the opposite ballast does not go awry when the new one arrives. (fingers crossed)

Cheers!
Old 01-01-12, 12:58 AM
HIDness
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i ordered a set of hid kit from them on BLACK FRIDAY and i have a problem with one of the bulb. So i called and emailed them for a warranty claim. i ordered a 6k and it actually turn out to be 8k, looked like blue than white. received a new set of bulbs within 4 days and finally got it to work correctly. this set of bulbs is actually 6k and is white.

I have nothing bad to say about hidextra, there service is great but there stuff is cheap and is made in china. i like my parts to be correct the first time and not have to go through issue like this. i will not purchase anything from them again.

for low budget people, i recommend hidextra if you don't want to shell out more than $50 for a hid kit.

nothing against hidextra.com
sometime you pay what you get..........just saying.
Old 01-23-12, 05:34 AM
Denpilot
Driver School Candidate

Seems like every single page of this thread includes a horror story of something failing within a year or the color not being right.

Anyone have any actual success with hidextra?

I have seen dozens of competitors, but most of them just offer the universal spade connector to plug into the oem bulb socket - then they want you to use 5 feet of electrical tape and hope it never wiggles loose or gets contaminated with water, etc.

hidextra is one of the only ones that I have found to include the oem style connector so it just plugs right in and is safe/secure.

Anyone have any success stories out there or suggest a better company?

Also, who has current coupon codes??
Old 01-23-12, 11:49 AM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Default Hid

Hello,

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience. Please know our warranty covers 1 year after the purchase date. And if you have issues on your kit, Please email help@hidsupport.com it automatically directs to our RMA Department.

And please know we have a 2012 SALE on going,
25% off $49.99 or more (COUPON CODE: 25%2012)
30% off $79.99 or more (COUPON CODE: 30%2012)
40% off $149.99 or more (COUPON CODE: 40%2012)

PROMO STARTS 1.23.2012 -1.31.2012

Originally Posted by Denpilot
Seems like every single page of this thread includes a horror story of something failing within a year or the color not being right.

Anyone have any actual success with hidextra?

I have seen dozens of competitors, but most of them just offer the universal spade connector to plug into the oem bulb socket - then they want you to use 5 feet of electrical tape and hope it never wiggles loose or gets contaminated with water, etc.

hidextra is one of the only ones that I have found to include the oem style connector so it just plugs right in and is safe/secure.

Also, who has current coupon codes??
Old 01-23-12, 01:14 PM
rvalero
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got an H3 slim ballast kit back in December 2009 for my fogs. I haven't had any issues, but I only turn on the fogs when it's actually foggy at night.
Old 02-07-12, 07:27 AM
Dvo
Lexus Test Driver

UPDATE: So someone finally pointed out that my passenger fog light was more white than my 6000K driver side foglight. I always thought that it wasn't the same color since the day I installed them, but I thought I was seeing things. Is there anyway that you can send me a 6000K bulb?
Old 02-07-12, 01:58 PM
Reyes1
Driver School Candidate

Any Valentine Day deals this year guys? Looking at buying two sets!
Old 02-07-12, 03:45 PM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Default Hid

Hello,

Please send us a picture of the bulb color at night so we can see the color clearly, sounds like you have a mismatch between the bulb color,

and once we receive the picture we will request replacement bulb to be send out to you for the color mismatch issue.

Please send it to help@hidsupport.com

Thank You

Originally Posted by Dvo
UPDATE: So someone finally pointed out that my passenger fog light was more white than my 6000K driver side foglight. I always thought that it wasn't the same color since the day I installed them, but I thought I was seeing things. Is there anyway that you can send me a 6000K bulb?
Old 02-07-12, 03:46 PM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Default Hid

Hello,

Please know that our Sale has just ended last month.
You can use the coupon code: twithid to get 15% OFF.

Thank you.

Originally Posted by Reyes1
Any Valentine Day deals this year guys? Looking at buying two sets!
Old 02-11-12, 03:44 PM
Durrby
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Last week my passenger side h3 slim fog setup stopped working all together. I've had issues in the past where it would randomly go out but if I jiggled the wiring it would come back on. This leads me to think that the ballast may have been on the fritz for a while.

I also have a low beam setup and when both fogs and low beams are turned on you can hear 3 ballasts firing up and get warm to the touch but the one in question makes no noise and stays cold.

I know the first thing to do is swap ballasts and see if the problem moves to the other side but for what it's worth i'll just say it will be easier to try a replacement ballast. I had a shop install both setups and getting to the working driver side ballast will require me to most likely remove the bumper to swap them out. Luckily the passenger side won't be as hard to replace.

Will I have any issue using a replacement slim ballast with a 2+ year old kit? Will the ballast be any different from the one i'm using? Does it include the inverter? Looking at my kit the inverter plugs in separately to the ballast.

Old 02-13-12, 11:42 AM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Hello,

Thank you for all the information. Please forward your email to help@hidsupport.com. It automatically directs to our RMA department which they're the one sending replacements. And please provide the ff information in your email,

Name on the order:
Shipping address:
Contact information:
Date of purchase:
Order Number:

Thank you.
Old 02-14-12, 01:36 AM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I got replacements for my miscolor bulb, still the wrong color. I'll send some pictures tomorrow.
Old 02-14-12, 03:34 PM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Default Hid

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience, please send an email at help@hidsupport.com

Thank you.

Originally Posted by sc300jz
I got replacements for my miscolor bulb, still the wrong color. I'll send some pictures tomorrow.
Old 02-15-12, 10:32 AM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Denpilot

XenonDepot! Great product and service from Steve!

Quick Reply: HIDEXTRA.com HID Review