Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

HIDEXTRA.com HID Review

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-12 | 02:48 PM
Supremeg56
Pole Position

can i ask how yellow are HIDEXTRA 3000k kits I ordered two pairs from you guys before and never had any issues with you they lasted for a good two years up until last week one bulb blew out lol so I just want to get two new pairs im looking for a deep yellow and also if HIDEXTRA has any discounts to offer before i place an order
Old 03-16-12 | 02:04 PM
curepunx
Driver

Still waiting for warranty replacement on (1) defective ballast that went out shortly after being installed. Purchased three (3) kits during the black friday sale. Emails with details were sent already twice and it's been almost 3 months now with NO word/reply. May be the last time I purchase due to their not-so-great responses on warranty items.
Old 03-16-12 | 06:13 PM
Supremeg56
Pole Position

Well I recently ordered 2 kits from them on one of the kits my 3000k kit the bulb was not lighting up at all I called them up they sent my warranty information to fill out I sent it back and they sent my bulb back next day shipping so even though one of my bulbs were defective there customer service was awesome considering I needed the bulb the next day I would do business with them again
Old 03-19-12 | 12:05 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

I emailed you guys yesterday night. Please let me know as soon as possible.

Emailed yesterday night, got a response this morning. Good customer service.

Hopefully 3rd time is the charm for my 5000k bulbs.

Last edited by abounly; 03-19-12 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-23-12 | 09:04 AM
PMacvilay
Driver School Candidate

Default I don't think this is supposed to happen...

Bought my kit November 27, 2011.

Sent an email through the website's "Contact Us" section.
Please HELP!!
PMacvilay
Old 03-23-12 | 02:58 PM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Hello,

Thank you for the picture. We will definetly send you replacements for your D2 connectors however we need you to email help@hidsupport.com and provide the ff information so our RMA Department could send the replacements right away:
Name on the order:
Shipping address:
Contact information:
Date of purchase:
Order Number:

Thank you
Old 03-26-12 | 10:37 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Well i got my replacement bulbs on saturday, hoping to get white color output. Still the same blue. This is my 3rd set from you guys. Should I just assume that you guys don't carry "white" bulbs?
Old 03-27-12 | 03:51 PM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Default Hid

Hello,

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience. Hello,

Please PM us and provide the following information so we can pull up your account,
Name on the order:
Shipping address:
Contact information:
Date of purchase:
Order Number:

And we will defeintely do something about this.

Thank you.

Originally Posted by sc300jz
Well i got my replacement bulbs on saturday, hoping to get white color output. Still the same blue. This is my 3rd set from you guys. Should I just assume that you guys don't carry "white" bulbs?
Old 03-28-12 | 06:13 PM
Supremeg56
Pole Position

Do you mind posting a picture of your color output cuz I bought mines off them and it's perfect at first it was a little blueish but you just have to turn the bulb like having the metal stick in another direction
Old 03-28-12 | 06:58 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Supremeg56
Do you mind posting a picture of your color output cuz I bought mines off them and it's perfect at first it was a little blueish but you just have to turn the bulb like having the metal stick in another direction
Sure, but I dont think changing the angle of the bulb will do anything. Also it won't fit in the housing if it is turned a different way.

This was the first original bulbs, even though they looked "white" they were really blue, my white balance was off on my SLR.

Then I got a replacement, This is from my phone.

The one I have right now, is the same color as the one above ^

Last edited by abounly; 03-28-12 at 07:03 PM.
Old 03-31-12 | 08:48 PM
Supremeg56
Pole Position

Sure, but I dont think changing the angle of the bulb will do anything. Also it won't fit in the housing if it is turned a different way.

This was the first original bulbs, even though they looked "white" they were really blue, my white balance was off on my SLR.

Then I got a replacement, This is from my phone.

The one I have right now, is the same color as the one above ^
Yea your right yours do like more blue then white thats weird I'm at work right so I cant posts pics of what mines look like but there pretty white how are your lens are they a little yellow or maybe your projectors need to be cleaned most people dont notice because they always look clean but they start to develop a slight film over them depending on the year of the car I cleaned mines the day I got my car but you have to take apart your headlights to get it done
Old 04-09-12 | 12:06 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Supremeg56
Yea your right yours do like more blue then white thats weird I'm at work right so I cant posts pics of what mines look like but there pretty white how are your lens are they a little yellow or maybe your projectors need to be cleaned most people dont notice because they always look clean but they start to develop a slight film over them depending on the year of the car I cleaned mines the day I got my car but you have to take apart your headlights to get it done
I have a retrofit on my lowbeams. Fogs do not have projectors just regular reflector housing. Naw there is no film, even if there was a thin yellow film over it, it wouldn't produce such a blue out put.

I received my kit a few days ago, but I haven't had time to install them yet. Will post pictures though.
Old 04-09-12 | 01:27 PM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Default Extended Easter Sale 2012

Tell your family and friends that HIDextra's Easter Sale is EXTENDED!!! Enjoy your 30% OFF in all of our kits. EXTENDED Promo starts TODAY (April 9) and ends on Wednesday (April 11) Coupon Code: spring30
Old 04-13-12 | 10:31 PM
lexiid91
Driver School Candidate

i ordered D2R 6000k bulbs a couple weeks ago from them. finally had time to replace my stock bulbs, but the light output on both headlights flicker for about 2 min until they both go out. do I need a relay harness? & how would I install them? i have stock xenon headlights including ballast.

also ordered 3000k kit for my fogs but they give out a hint of noticeable green. is that normal?
Old 04-18-12 | 08:36 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
CL Folding 10,000

One of my set of ballast and bulb went out recently on my driverside headlight. I tested both the bulb and ballast with the passenger side set and it didn't work. Can I get a replacement 6000k 9006 bulb and ballast?

I don't have my order number on hand but it was placed in late October of 2010 I think.

Quick Reply: HIDEXTRA.com HID Review