Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

need advice! SO i guess i got a second chance. pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-09, 02:57 AM
guccijon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need advice! SO i guess i got a second chance. pics

so i recently got my gs300 and the first mod i decided to do was change the fog lights yellow. i purchased some DDM tunning HID 3k 35watt and installed them. one of the bulbs i got however is not a 3k and instead is white almost blue. i like the yellow because the traditional look but the yellow seems kinda soft. like maybe it should be more yellow.maybe i should do a light vinyl? other friends who saw my car said the white looks better but they don't really know much about cars. Im assuming when i call ddm i will be able to have the option of getting either another 3k or another white or maybe even just two new bulbs.
ide like to hear some opinions on what will look nice.
im maybe planning on eventually getting soft white PIAA for my head lights. and some light white almost blue leds for my parking lights.(one of them are out in the pic)
not trying to spend over 100 for my lights.
Old 12-06-09, 10:04 AM
UrbnSC
Rookie

I like white better to match your low beam
Old 12-06-09, 11:48 AM
alan003
Lead Lap

call ddm tuning and see if they can fix the problem. yellow fogs are nice
Old 12-06-09, 02:41 PM
BP_VVt-i
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

honestly it depends on what u do with ur headlights if u get headlight that are like frost white then i would say keep the yellow fogs. Im not sure if DDM makes a "yellow" yellow i wuld hav go back n look at the chart. if u go to low in K they gonna look green when they first cut on, then will warm up to like a **** yellow. but it'll look cool if thats the look u want. if u can i wuld ask DDM to send u another one of the whiter bulbs n another 3000K bulb for the fogs. n put the white ones in the headlights. what i realized bout HIDs vs regular bulbs is that even when they bright white bulbs the HID will still make it look yellowish.
Old 12-06-09, 02:51 PM
guccijon

i think i want a soft white/very small hint of blue for low beams. and a soft white non HID for my parking light. If i install the same type of bulb for the one they messed up on do i have to run a relay and all that funny business?
Old 12-06-09, 03:05 PM
BP_VVt-i
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by guccijon
i think i want a soft white/very small hint of blue for low beams. and a soft white non HID for my parking light. If i install the same type of bulb for the one they messed up on do i have to run a relay and all that funny business?
u shuldnt have to run relays at all. n u wuld be able to get hids for the parking lights, but then again wat do i kno. LOL with all the crazy car mods in the world it may b possible. but i def wouldnt advise it. the 8000K HIDs from ddm have a very very very small hint of blue. they r what i wuld call frost/soft white. i have em in my Fogs now. they look green becuz of the tint but they r white. my friend had 6000K HID fogs on his civic b4 he wrecked it and they were cool but they are a very bright white. they looked clean tho with his 10000K headlights