Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

anyone used DDM TUNING for HID

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-10, 11:59 PM
stockySC4
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bought some 3k H3 bulbs... still going strong. wish the color was a deeper/richer yellow, but oh well.

installed them about 6 weeks ago. the owner of the shop was amazed at the price and said for me to call him in 6/12 Months if they were still working.
Old 05-05-10, 02:10 AM
potatoBBQ
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mikeli689
I think it's weird that the cheapo companies (not saying DDM is cheap as I've yet to try them out but ones on eBay) all have the lifetime warranties whereas the more expensive ones (ones that start at like $150) only have 1-year warranties. Anybody have an explanation for this?
This doesn't really apply to DDM since they've been around a while and apparently do honor their warranty, but I figure the cheapo companies have more to gain and less to lose. If you didn't know much about 2 different companies selling similar HIDs, I think most people would choose to go with HIDs w/ lifetime warranty over HIDs w/ a 1 year warranty. Also, a lot of times, a "lifetime" warranty with a small unknown company just ends up becoming "lifetime" of the company instead of the product because the company either changes ownership or goes out of business by the time you need the warranty.
Old 05-08-10, 02:29 PM
mikeli689
Driver

I got my HIDs in yesterday. I ordered the 5000k kit but it looks bluey to me. Other than that it looks good. I was impressed by how small the kit was. It's practically the size of a deck of cards, maybe smaller.

Anyway, I ordered 2 kits (one H3). Does anybody know if you order more than one kit, do they ship it separately or should I have received it at the same time?
Old 05-08-10, 02:51 PM
neojungle1
Lexus Test Driver

just got my 3k like three days and there fine so far cant give a real opinion tile some time has pass...but there shipping time so horrible.. i have stuff ship from japan faster than they do and there in the same country
Old 05-11-10, 08:37 AM
mikeli689
Driver

So I still haven't received my H3 kit. I tried looking on their website to see the status of my order. However, when I went to login, my email address is apparently not registered... So I tried calling them, but I keep getting a machine... ahhhh what do I do!
Old 05-11-10, 09:13 AM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I still haven't received my H3 kit. I tried looking on their website to see the status of my order. However, when I went to login, my email address is apparently not registered... So I tried calling them, but I keep getting a machine... ahhhh what do I do!
Dang, same here. My email isnt registered any more.

When you recieved your 9006 Kit, did you get a tracking number in advance? I ordered two 9006 sets 21 days ago. If I dont get any feedback today from them, I am opening a complaint with paypal.

Their CS isnt open until 9am PST, so they just opened 20 minutes ago. I will probably call them in a couple of hours

Last edited by tqlla3k; 05-11-10 at 09:19 AM.
Old 05-11-10, 09:22 AM
phongh
Lead Lap

Damn sucks for all of you guys. Very glad I'm only 5 miles from their shop.
Old 05-11-10, 09:25 AM
mikeli689
Driver

Originally Posted by tqlla3k
Dang, same here. My email isnt registered any more.

When you recieved your 9006 Kit, did you get a tracking number in advance? I ordered two 9006 sets 21 days ago. If I dont get any feedback today from them, I am opening a complaint with paypal.

Their CS isnt open until 9am PST, so they just opened 20 minutes ago. I will probably call them in a couple of hours
I did not receive a tracking number. I thought they would send out the kit Friday or Saturday and I would receive it some time this week, but I received my 9006 kit on Friday.

I'm in class all day today, so let me know what happens when you get in touch with CS if you ever do...

Does anyone know when their online live support is supposed to be on? I'd think that it'd be live once they open 9 but I guess I'm wrong.
Old 05-11-10, 09:27 AM
mikeli689
Driver

Originally Posted by phis250
Damn sucks for all of you guys. Very glad I'm only 5 miles from their shop.

You're so lucky!
Old 05-11-10, 09:36 AM
dealer374
Driver

Get phis250 to do down and see what the hold up is lol jk. DDM intentionaly waits to ship out orders I called once to see the status of my order days after I had placed because thier website indicated "Processing" or whatever it says. So the lady tell me orders placed on (the date I did) will be shipped out on friday, which was like 4-6 day time to process the order. You've seen thier packing so we know they wern't spending time doing that so what the eff were they doing all that time!!! Who knows. Dumb Delayed Morons -
Old 05-11-10, 09:57 AM
phongh
Lead Lap

If you guys don't recieve the product like in two weeks, Just paypal me and I guess for shipping I can priority mail, which takes about 2-3 days. Not trying to make any money, just trying to help fellow members. Plus I been using their product for over a year maybe more and have no problem what so ever. As for customer service, I have no idea.
Old 05-11-10, 10:32 AM
dealer374
Driver

well as i've mentioned before I have a kit in my ATV which goes through horrid conditions like mud, water, sand, vibration and takes some good abuse and it still works, these ballast do run super hot though. So, so far that is good but I could probably get better customer service in prison
Old 05-11-10, 11:02 AM
mikeli689
Driver

I'm not saying the product is bad though, just CS. Like I said in an earlier post, I was impressed by how small the ballast actually is. And so far, the HIDs look good aside from some blue tint to the light output.

However, I did struggle (not sure if it's me of what) with removing the clear case that's protecting the bulb. I can't get the bottom part of the protector thing off the bulb.
Old 05-12-10, 02:37 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I called them, they said that my HIDs should be shipped out "today"

I am not holding my breath though
Old 05-12-10, 03:34 PM
mikeli689
Driver

Originally Posted by tqlla3k
I called them, they said that my HIDs should be shipped out "today"

I am not holding my breath though
Good luck man. I still need to call them back regarding my order.

Did they say anything about why your email isn't registered on their website anymore?

Edit: Just called them and was on hold for probably like 15 minutes. But apparently their "truck just rolled in" lol. They said that they would be shipping out the order tomorrow. I won't be holding my breath either.

Last edited by mikeli689; 05-12-10 at 03:47 PM.

Quick Reply: anyone used DDM TUNING for HID