Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

xenon lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-02, 07:05 PM
iNdoMeX
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xenon lights

hey i was just wondering if anyone has the hiper industries plazma blue xenon lights producing 65/55w current draw and projecting 90/100w of power.....? i just wanted to know how they were, thanks
Old 06-10-02, 08:21 PM
mcelligott
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's the deal with xenon lights in general. I have about 20 friends who have them (various brands and vehicles), and we have all come to the same conclusion. They don't spread as far as your stock bulbs. BUT the smaller area that they do illuminate is much brighter and clearer than stock. So, it's kind of a trade off. Looks for distance.
Old 06-11-02, 07:31 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sean, mine seem to be exactly the same width as my yellows. it seems same width and distance, just a different color
Old 06-11-02, 08:47 AM
mcelligott
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by EGainer
sean, mine seem to be exactly the same width as my yellows. it seems same width and distance, just a different color
Thats weird, I 've had 3 different sets of "xenon's" including piaa's and some knock off's and theyve all not had the spread of my stock lights..
Old 06-11-02, 08:48 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

im running eurolite
Old 06-12-02, 12:07 PM
iNdoMeX
Driver

well does anyone know if those hiper xenon lights in my first post is in anyway powerful at all based on the current and power that's there?
Old 06-12-02, 08:55 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Honestly, here's my opinion on Xenon's. Some people might not like it and I don't mean to offend anyone, but this is my personal view and one I think is worth considering. The cheap xenon's are basically fake HID's; I agree with the Manaray philosophy that if you're not gonna do it right (real HID conversion) leave it stock. It's like cheap knockoff wheels. The people who know their stuff are gonna be able to tell the difference and IMO it kinda cheapens the car to put fake stuff on it, you've got a Lexus not a Civic. OK, now that I've gotten that out of my system, go on with your business.
Old 06-13-02, 08:28 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

why do you guys think it is to look like HID. it just looks cool. no xenon look, its just a different color which i like. i see the yellow and orange es driving down the road, so plain. i know you wouldnt do it, but you have to understand, everyone does. it's not to look HID at all. if HID were red, i would still put the blue in my car. i like the way it looks
Old 06-13-02, 08:28 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

oh yeah, i heard that hiper sucks
Old 06-13-02, 09:55 AM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

why do you guys think it is to look like HID. it just looks cool. no xenon look, its just a different color which i like. i see the yellow and orange es driving down the road, so plain. i know you wouldnt do it, but you have to understand, everyone does. it's not to look HID at all. if HID were red, i would still put the blue in my car. i like the way it looks
I can respect that.
Old 06-13-02, 09:58 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Sounds good
Old 08-08-02, 01:55 PM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

Sounds good
Hey Eric - got a question for you... You run the Euro Xenons and I want to put the "fake" HID's in my RX... I just bought some APC's that look great, but they're 80 watts so I'm nervous about the harness burning up... Long story short, the APC's look great - nice and blue and I could buy an APC cooling harness to protect the OEM harness... Do the Euro Xenons have a nice blue look to them also? If yes, I'll just take the APC's back and order some 55 watt Euro Xenons...
Thanks!
Ck
Old 08-08-02, 02:10 PM
bizarreRide
Driver

I've got the Eurolite Fusions and I like the High Beams, but the low beams IMO are a little weak. I think you will notice a difference dropping down from the higher wattage.

At the same time, I've heard lots of stories about higher wattage bulbs frying your sockets, so I would get that socket protector or whatever if you're going to keep the higher wattage ones.

bR
Old 08-10-02, 05:48 PM
zutoo
Driver

I have tried all kinds of "super white" type bulbs and I agree that they do not project as far as stock bulbs. After trying about 8 different kinds of bulbs I deceided to go with HIDs on my '96 ES. However, I have Piaa Super Plasma HID (looking) bulbs in my sisters Accord with the projector Angel Eye headlight conversion and they look great. They don't shine as far as stock, but they look like Audi HIDs when you see them on the road.
Old 08-10-02, 10:18 PM
blingblinglexus
Driver School Candidate

i was very much considering changing the bulbs in the '92 ES. From what i've read, i don't think that will be a good idea. I was gonna get them cuz i thought they would illuminate more and looked cool. If they don't "brighten up the place", is it all about looks?

Quick Reply: xenon lights