Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Cheap Xenon

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-02 | 05:29 PM
blux
Pole Position

Default Cheap Xenon

Decided to low-ball it...went to target, picked up some "XENON WHITE" bulbs....gunna try em out. They were 14.99 so ya cant go wrong...I'll take some pictures (before and after) and post em up.. box said 4000K temp...oh well worth a try.
Attached Thumbnails Cheap Xenon-pict0004.jpg  
Old 06-16-02 | 05:40 PM
1loudlex
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Lightbulb

Just make sure that you do not touch the bulbs at all!! They will last for about a month and then they will go out. I am not sure if you knew this, but just a word of advise.

Adam " Lexist "
Old 06-16-02 | 05:55 PM
blux
Pole Position

Thats pretty weak....so you think I should save the stock ones? That possible?
Old 06-16-02 | 06:09 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

YES you should definitely save your stock ones. i went through about 3 pairs of blue bulbs and each time, i had to put the stock ones back on. i eventually gave up after the blue bulbs melted the sockets....i should take pics of that for you. it's like how smoking cigarettes will ruin your lungs....the cheap bulbs will ruin your sockets. my stock bulbs are still on my car and functioning. keep them stored in the xenon bulb box and make sure you don't touch those either with your bare hands.
Old 06-16-02 | 06:34 PM
blux
Pole Position

I just put em on...They look pretty nifty... After they burn out I'm gunna high ball it and get some really nice PIAA's, maybe replace my fog lights 2... Here are the pix. Thanks for the info on the sockets, pictures would be apreciated.
Old 06-16-02 | 06:34 PM
blux
Pole Position

pic of just lowz...
Attached Thumbnails Cheap Xenon-x1.jpg  
Old 06-16-02 | 06:35 PM
blux
Pole Position

pic of low next to high....
Attached Thumbnails Cheap Xenon-x2.jpg  
Old 06-17-02 | 08:09 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

cheap xen's look good. I'm actually in the same boat; looking at replacing my stock halogens in my '97 es3oo. Anyone know what "white-blue-ish" bulbls will work in an 97? HELP?
Old 06-18-02 | 12:10 AM
splitfire
Lexus Test Driver

i also have a 97 es3 and replace the bulb with "fake" xenon...not as bright as my "real" xenon but it is better than the stock one.. got it in taiwan for like $20 bucks.. it has been on my car since 99 and it still work..
Old 06-18-02 | 05:35 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

what do you mean not as bright as your real xenon? where do you have real xenon, in another car you mean?
Old 06-18-02 | 05:42 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

cheap bulbs should be left to the ricer honda civic owners...unless you think your Lexus is the same as a Civic...

Spend the $50 to get AT LEAST a set of Sylvania Silverstars (at AutoZone)...

I can almost guarantee that those bulbs put out LESS LIGHT than your stock ones...
Old 06-18-02 | 08:26 AM
blux
Pole Position

well, I havent noticed any difference really. They look the same to me. I dont get this "real" xenon, "fake" xenon thing...If you think about it...they are just light bulbs...there cant be that much difference in who makes em. I said above that as soon as they burn out I was going to go get some nice PIAAS or somthing, I just wanted to see if they worked. For the price, so far so good.

(just wanted to make sure....on this fake xenon thing, I ment there cant be much difference in xenon bulbs...just like there really isnt in regular halogens...) bahhh now Ive confused myself..

to quote EGainer...."exactly my point. of course we want the HID conversion, it's not like we don't. we just can't afford it. it takes me more than a month to save $400. if i don't spend it on other things. i'm not trying to fool anyone, i know they don't think that they are HID. that's not why I have them, i have them because they look cool, and they are brighter, not by much, but they are. and it changes how my car looks at night"

Thats why I did it.....HID = $$$$$$$$$$$

Last edited by blux; 06-18-02 at 08:46 AM.
Old 06-19-02 | 09:49 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by manaray
cheap bulbs should be left to the ricer honda civic owners...unless you think your Lexus is the same as a Civic...

Spend the $50 to get AT LEAST a set of Sylvania Silverstars (at AutoZone)...

I can almost guarantee that those bulbs put out LESS LIGHT than your stock ones...
What do you mean you can almost gaurantee "those" bulbls put out less light than stocks... by "those" do you mean anyting besides the Sylvania Silverstars???

My concern is I don't have a lot to spend, If I recall the Sylvania Silverstars don't come in the bulb size I need for my 97 ES3? Do you or anyone else know otherwise???

Last edited by ES3; 06-19-02 at 09:50 PM.
Old 06-20-02 | 08:09 AM
blux
Pole Position

I think he was refering to the cheap ones I got, saying that the others are brighter or somthing.
Old 06-20-02 | 02:30 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by blux
I think he was refering to the cheap ones I got, saying that the others are brighter or somthing.
Your lights look pretty good, have you been happy with 'em?

Quick Reply: Cheap Xenon