Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Anyone know who has the deepest golden yellow 3000k hid bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-10, 06:51 PM
pootie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know who has the deepest golden yellow 3000k hid bulbs?

My original 3000k hid fog bulbs, I bought from mobilehid, who is no longer a vendor here. Seems they only sell stuff for tractors now. Anyways, I've bought 2 more sets to try since one of my original bulbs blew. The first replacement set I got off ebay and the 3000k is barely yellow. Thought I'd try a set from hidextra, on here. Hidextra's is yellower than the ebay ones but still not quite as golden yellow as mobilehid's was. Not knocking hidextra at all, they are a great company. It's just that their bulbs is not quite as yellow as I would like. I could've lived with it until I compared it side by side w/ my original bulb and the original is just way more golden yellow.

So, long story short, who should I try next? Thanks.
Old 07-24-10, 02:19 PM
DaNiELx626
Lead Lap

u should try xenondepot, i heard volt have very accurate color...
Old 07-24-10, 02:32 PM
pootie
Driver School Candidate

Got in touch with clifford (mobile hid) and he told me about a place called hongkonghid.com. Says an old customer told him they were selling the same kit he had. Went to the site and found the bulbs, but that place is kind of pricey. They want $80 for just replacement bulbs. Bought the whole set for $130 from clifford. Decisions decisions.
Old 07-24-10, 06:57 PM
Mike813
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hidextra.com they are also a vendor here as well
Old 07-25-10, 04:02 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i've been looking at golden yellow HIDs too. until i find one that's not pale yellow, i'm keeping my 2500k luminics.
Old 07-25-10, 05:43 PM
pootie
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mike813
hidextra.com they are also a vendor here as well
I tried the hidextra's. They are the last replacement set I bought. Yellower than the ebay bulbs, but not as yellow as my originals.
Old 07-26-10, 05:30 AM
Mike813
Lexus Test Driver

sorry didnt read through your whole description... ive seen people with techone bulbs that look pretty yellow. but alot of folks get that deep yellow with the 2500-3000k + yellow capsule.

like with me im using a 5k hid bulb with my gs300 but i have the 430's yellow foglight which brings out the yellow.
Old 07-26-10, 10:29 AM
pootie
Driver School Candidate

I might be trying a set from xenondepot, next. I'll keep you posted.
Old 07-26-10, 06:39 PM
tungo
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I have xenondepot 3000k HID, and although they are yellow, they are a lighter yellow, as opposed to a deep urine, like you haven't peed in long time yellow. That's the color that I was looking for and even though XD's products are great, I have to admit that they aren't really that yellow. In fact, any aftermarket HID 3000k bulb that I've seen has never given me a true yellow color.

I tried to get the more yellow look by applying aerotech yellow film. It helps to get that yellow tint more!

Upon initial start, they light up to a green, before they warm up to their yellow color.

IMO, the only way to get a true yellow is to do what this guy did. He spent quite a bit of money, but it's well worth it in the end. I can assure you that my XD bulbs are no where near the color yellow that his are.

http://g35driver.com/forums/media-sh...d-fog-kit.html
(forward to page 5, the "after" look is sickening. If a yellow parakeet flew in front of his fog lights, you wouldn't even be able to tell it was ever there!)

Last edited by tungo; 07-26-10 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Added details
Old 07-27-10, 12:38 PM
pootie
Driver School Candidate

Been talking to steve at Xenondepot and I'm in the process of obtaining a set of his bulbs. He told me his bulbs will get me the same output as the rsx provided in the link below. If that's the case, then I would be happy. Time will tell.

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/Acura-RSX-...Fogs-s/657.htm

Tungo: How hard was it to apply the aerotect film on a curved lens? That fear is what has kept me from getting the film in the past. I've tried tinting windows in the past, and I'm glad I don't have to make a living doing that. Maybe I'm under the wrong impression of how the product comes delivered though.
Old 07-27-10, 09:33 PM
tungo
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Very simple. You really can't mess it up. Follow the instructions and it is fairly easy. I applied it via the wet method and removed the excess water with the plastic squeegee that they provide. Let it dry overnight and you're good to go.
Old 07-28-10, 01:38 AM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pootie
Been talking to steve at Xenondepot and I'm in the process of obtaining a set of his bulbs. He told me his bulbs will get me the same output as the rsx provided in the link below. If that's the case, then I would be happy. Time will tell.

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/Acura-RSX-...Fogs-s/657.htm
good luck with that, waiting to see your results. if they are that yellow, i'll switch over from luminics.
Old 07-28-10, 10:29 AM
VPIS350
Driver

Originally Posted by Jetfire
good luck with that, waiting to see your results. if they are that yellow, i'll switch over from luminics.
yea, if they are that yellow, i'm in as well! i will never go back to ebay though.
Old 08-07-10, 09:11 PM
rza8gamma
Pole Position

Please post pics after you install the 3k volts!
Old 08-08-10, 12:34 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

the absolute BEST 3000k ish (golden/yellow) hid bulbs i've ever seen are sadly some of the most expensive
Philips Ultinon 3000k

google for more info but they're afaik a japan market only (truly jdm rofls) item, and you're looking at ~$180-230/pair.

they do look like this though....
(not my pics, stolen from google )

Quick Reply: Anyone know who has the deepest golden yellow 3000k hid bulbs?