Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Problem with foglights/ turning signal. Ebay HID kit...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-10, 11:37 AM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Problem with foglights/ turning signal. Ebay HID kit...

Hey guys. So my 3000k HID's came in for my foglights earlier today so i installed them and decided to take it for a test drive and see how everything was. First of all these definately help the overall light output, AND they look really good! Anyways everything was going good until i used the turning signal. It seems that whenever i tap or fully engage the turn signal to the left or right my foglights shut off then turn back on again. This is very annoying and i know its bad for the ballasts as well. But if i put the foglight turn **** halfway between on and off then it doesnt do it? The only problem with that is after the turn signal clicks back the **** normally goes back to the ON position and the problem resurfaces.

Does anybody know what the problem could be? This is getting very annoying and almost disapointing because the car looks soo good with it's new HID setup. Any help would be appreciated! Already searched, came up with nothing...

Sorry for the lack of info. Yes it is a 35w plug and play kit. Basically the install was VERY easy took me about ten minutes. Lights turned on fine, then if i even gently touch the turn signal the fogs shut off/ flicker then turn right back on.

Step by step:
Removed two screws for foglight (need to get hex screws)
Unplugged the harness from fog assembly
Untwisted the stock bulb.
Installed the HID bulb and harness.
Hooked the HID bulb harness to the ballast.
Hooked the harness into the stock light harness.
Used double sided tape and mounted the ballast on the engine cover so it wouldnt fall off.
Reinstalled the foglight.
Repeated for both sides.

Here is a link to the actual kit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_3475wt_1141

Bulb size 9006.

I can undo the kit and reinstall the stock bulbs to see if it still does the same thing? And i can take pics of the wiring to see if everything is in the right place. But wouldnt it not turn on if the wiring was incorrect?

Anyways, thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it!!
Old 09-17-10, 01:19 PM
neojungle1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe the contact point on the switch are dirty or have crap built up in , try this disconnect the battery get some electronic contact cleaner spray in the cracks of the switch turn on and off the fog light switch til the cleaner evaporates then re stall your battery and chec kagain or can it be the way your holding the switch i can see how that can happen do to the fact there on the same handle .. hope that help s