Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Fog Lights Halogen

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-10, 09:15 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Fog Lights Halogen

Sup CL, just wanted to ask some questions or get feedback from those who have used halogen bulbs and specifically on the ISF. reason my hid ballast went out on the passenger side so i only have one side on for the fogs. the bulb still works as i tested it out. just need a cheap quick solution and thought about purchasing luminics or nokya. i had luminics before and they weren't bright. i know i just miss the sale for hidextra, but i originally got the kit from them. i am looking for something yellow as my hid fogs were 3000k.

please post pictures and feedback/experience. i will base my conclusion on your post.

i don't want to put the stocks back on because it is just plain ugly.
Old 12-01-10, 09:51 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Our Putco Jet Yellow halogen bulbs are awesome! I have a set installed on my personal vehicle and love them. Here are some shots of them installed:

They are rated at the same wattage as stock so you do not run the risk of damaging your fog light housing and/or wiring. For $25.99, they are literally the best bang for the buck!

Steve
Old 12-01-10, 11:16 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
Our Putco Jet Yellow halogen bulbs are awesome! I have a set installed on my personal vehicle and love them. Here are some shots of them installed:

They are rated at the same wattage as stock so you do not run the risk of damaging your fog light housing and/or wiring. For $25.99, they are literally the best bang for the buck!

Steve
thank you Steve, they look awesome on ur car.
Old 12-02-10, 12:46 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Thanks man. Very functional as well :-)
Old 12-02-10, 07:11 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

I have an es300 and have been looking for yellow fogs, would i have to worry bout the bulb melting any of the plastic housing...sorry if that was a thread jack to op
Old 12-03-10, 08:44 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

No. You will not have any issues as long as you do not get a high wattage halogen bulb. If you stick with original wattage then you are good to go. The Putco Yellow halogen bulbs are rated at the same wattage as stock.

Steve
Old 12-03-10, 11:25 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

like wat steve just said it depends on that wattage of the bulb. make sure it is either 55w or below. anything above ur running a risk. 55w is just my guess so im not sure what ur wattage is on ur car. check ur manual or the site to confirm. if the bulb you choose is over the wattage by a little bit i think u'll be fine as long as its not too much over. good luck to ya.
Old 12-04-10, 09:31 PM
Jensennn
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I'm reading this right your saying the bulb works but it went out, so that means your ballast isn't functioning properly. Have you tried contacting HidEXtra? They have a warranty on their products.
Old 12-05-10, 12:29 AM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^he stated he wanted a quick fix, maybe until the HID's are fixed?
Old 12-05-10, 11:20 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jensennn
If I'm reading this right your saying the bulb works but it went out, so that means your ballast isn't functioning properly. Have you tried contacting HidEXtra? They have a warranty on their products.
Originally Posted by malujerry
^^he stated he wanted a quick fix, maybe until the HID's are fixed?
yes this was just a quick fix. i will probably put back my hid probably next year. i'm happy with putco jet yellow bulbs. they look nice. just incase my hid goes out again i know i have a temp solution. i know hidextra have warranty so i'll talk to them soon about gettin a replacement but im not sure if mines is out of warranty cuz i had them for awhile now. but anyways thanx for your input and thoughts guys.
Old 12-08-10, 04:24 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

my bulbs came in and i installed them. I must say those putco bulbs are very nice. Different then your hid or halogen set but very nice. I like the very yellow look. I will post pics when I get a chance. Been to cold to go outside at night just to take a picture.
Old 12-09-10, 07:45 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Awesome! I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying them. I have yet to hear negative feedback about the jet yellow halogen bulbs. Please do post up some pictures. I would like to see how they look with your car given the color.

Steve
Old 12-22-10, 03:20 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Here are the pics with the putco bulbs, sorry for the wait. Was pretty busy. Good news as I just got my ballast from HIDExtra and some new wire harness on the way. Hope they fit. I would like to point out that these pics are untouched. also the yellow bulbs is even more yellow if you see it in person. the look is very unique imo.

Last edited by Evil Teo; 12-23-10 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12-23-10, 11:16 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Great Pictures man!!! Thank yo uso much for taking the time to post :-)
Old 12-26-10, 09:23 AM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what headlight bulbs and city lights are you running. i've never seen such a crips blue!

Quick Reply: Fog Lights Halogen