IS250 Dash/Footwell/Radio Lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-11, 10:03 PM
irishcharm
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default IS250 Dash/Footwell/Radio Lights

Hey all,

New to Lexus and new to Club Lexus. Ive read the FAQ, bulb code list, search button, 2gen IS, and lighting.....and i cant find any answers

--I have an 06 IS250 AWD that has the LED setup from lexus. it has the led next to the sunroof, led in the center consol and in the underdash which are white (but when they hit my black interior become an ugly off white).
--my side door sills are illuminated as well from lexus and they are neon blue along with the display of the Navigation screen.
--the gauges are white
--and the buttons in the radio/dash/ect are green

needless to say its not great looking to me so i took apart the center consol and underdash and all the leds/housings were the same but theres no way to de-soder the led and find one of the same voltage to replace it with. so i wanted to see if anyone has changed the led housing or if there is a Lexus color led replacement (id like to go all blue).

secondly in my old rx8 i was able to take apart the stock radio and de-soder/re-soder different color led's but it was a much simpler radio. now that i have this car and it has navigation im a bit nervous to do it at the sheer cost of replacing interior parts in a lexus, so also wanted to see if anyone was able to replace the leds that illuminate the buttons on the radio?

thanks for reading my long post and any answers/suggestions/ideas.
-alan m.