Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

XENON's ES!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-02, 07:53 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default XENON's ES!!!!

here are some pics of my ES so far, but lemme know what you all think!

below is a pic of the RED-Tail
Attached Thumbnails XENON's ES!!!!-goodlefttail.jpg  
Old 09-22-02, 07:59 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

the corner's. They look pretty bad in the pic, in reality they look real nice and since the stickers are reflective they blend in with the rest of the light to give it a very distinctive look.
Attached Thumbnails XENON's ES!!!!-cornerupclose.jpg  
Old 09-22-02, 08:02 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Pic of the Hiper Industries Xenons. Right now I'm using Matrix Purple Xenons.
Attached Thumbnails XENON's ES!!!!-hiperblue.jpg  
Old 09-22-02, 08:06 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Target is amazing!! For $20 you can get a Pulsar that pulses to the beat of the music, lighting up your ENTIRE INTERIOR !!! cheap mod but sooo much fun!!!
Attached Thumbnails XENON's ES!!!!-neonpulsar.jpg  
Old 09-22-02, 08:11 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

finally, with this... I NEED HELP!!!! is this safe for the car/ engine?? I popped open the top of the airbox, tied a string around the air filter to keep it connected. Then I put the lid on the side so it can take in more air.

It sounds sooooo nice under full throttle, I just love to rev the car up to 6000 RPM, and when I race, people think I'm running an exhaust or intake.

LOGIC behind this: functions like a cold air intake. IS THIS OK for the CAR???
Attached Thumbnails XENON's ES!!!!-intake.jpg  
Old 09-22-02, 09:06 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

the reason i'm asking about the air box is if it was that easy to get 'that' kind of sound, why would anybody spend $$$ on an intake.

therefore i'm skeptical
Old 09-22-02, 11:32 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dont do that. you are taking air in that is not going through a filter. if you want that awesome sound, spend $40-$60 on a generic 3" air filter. it will give that awesome sound and still be safe. trust me, i tried the whole "change the airbox" idea. i took out my filter once and just put a screen door screen there instead. not a good idea either, if you are having air get into the engine without it going through a filter, you could hurt your engine....
Old 09-22-02, 11:33 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

what did you do use to red out the tails? and do you have any pics of the whole back end?
Old 09-23-02, 12:19 AM
themasta3
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sticker for corners?

you've got a nice car, but i really don't like the sticker to cover up the orange insert in the corners......and for the tails if that's what you did, im not sure. but anyway, the clear corner headlight mod is SOOOO easy. much easier than clearing the tails. it's almost impossible to mess up while clearing the corners. if you're interested, here's the walkthrough that i used to do mine: http://www.hometown.aol.com/seanmcelligott

also, what's this $20 target light thing that strobes to the beat of the music and where can i get one? sounds really cool.

if you're interested, i'll be having pics of my car posted sometime this week. i've got both my corners and tails cleared.

....and one more thing, hey EGainer, thanks for the idea on the windshield decal. i went to a local sign making place and they hooked me up for $15. i hope you don't mind that i copied you.....i guess you could look at it as starting a trend. heh, well, talk to ya'll later.

Peace!
Old 09-23-02, 12:37 AM
zexen
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah i'm interested in the dash light too.

i gotta find a time and clear my corners. i'm still afraid of messing up though. >.<
Old 09-23-02, 02:42 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

no man, i didnt start that trend. i got that idea from Lsport .... xenon does have cleared headlights, he just put the sticker over the bottom of them. but they are cleared in fact... im not really into the light on the dash, just because you can see the bulb. id like to be able to see the light.... not the bulb....

Last edited by EGainer; 09-23-02 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-23-02, 01:32 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

egainer, check out my earlier post "seriously considering modifying tails"... the directions are there.

the neon light is cool... i think it is made by LiteGlow but i may be wrong. I got mine from target. Great mod

Last edited by XenonES3; 09-23-02 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-23-02, 01:49 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Question

Originally posted by EGainer
dont do that. you are taking air in that is not going through a filter. if you want that awesome sound, spend $40-$60 on a generic 3" air filter. it will give that awesome sound and still be safe. trust me, i tried the whole "change the airbox" idea. i took out my filter once and just put a screen door screen there instead. not a good idea either, if you are having air get into the engine without it going through a filter, you could hurt your engine....

The air is going in through the filter right? The filter is attached to the top of the airbox by string, so air must first cross the filter, then go in to the top of the airbox and then to the engine. Do you get what I mean?

BTW, is the air that normally enters the airbox filtered first before entering the airbox, and then filtered again before finally entering the engine?
Old 09-23-02, 05:53 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

the air is only filtered once as far as i know....
Old 09-23-02, 07:51 PM
CPerez100
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

looks good

Quick Reply: XENON's ES!!!!