Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Why do people think this is appropriate? Stupid Lights!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-11, 01:23 PM
UR2klose
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree with you... i think dark blue lights are ugly and make nice cars look cheap and tacky..
Old 12-22-11, 05:02 PM
bonafyd
Lexus Test Driver

OP i agree with you to an extent,yes the 8k,10k & parking lights are dumb but the flipside is police do the same thing & worse,I know atleast 4 cops who all have limo tint on their windshields,ride motorcycles with no plates & insurance cause nothing is gonna happen to them...

Now think about it,how can you possibly see at night with limo tint on a windshield or what'll happen when an accident happens & there's no insurance?? alot of cops break the most laws it's ridiculous..

Not cop bashing but i'm just saying..
Old 12-23-11, 09:25 AM
LexUser85
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think he's saying that cops don't do it..just sayin that it's stupid for ANYONE to do it. And your right..I know many cops (I'm one myself) that break the law only because they know they can get away with it. It's messed up..but it happens. I personally dont feel it's right for me to speed everywhere I go then turn around and write someone a ticket for doing the same thing I was just doing. That's why I dont!
Old 12-23-11, 09:55 AM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bonafyd
OP i agree with you to an extent,yes the 8k,10k & parking lights are dumb but the flipside is police do the same thing & worse,I know atleast 4 cops who all have limo tint on their windshields,ride motorcycles with no plates & insurance cause nothing is gonna happen to them...

Now think about it,how can you possibly see at night with limo tint on a windshield or what'll happen when an accident happens & there's no insurance?? alot of cops break the most laws it's ridiculous..

Not cop bashing but i'm just saying..
I understand what you are saying and yes I agree 100% with you that cops that do things like that hypocrites. Limo tint on any windshield, wether its a cop or any citizen for that manner is inexcusable. For common sense issues like this, I agree, but for other issues like "jimmy justice" issues,(youtube this guy) I'm not 100% in agreement. Our society has become so anti police, anti this, anti that, because it's the cool thing to be. You would not imagine how many IGNORANT people there were at occupy wallstreet. People not even having a clue as to why they are even there! Mindless sheep!!But hey- they are marching for what they "believe in". But they can't even say what it is that they believe in if you ask them. The level of ignorance in the US should be scaring the CRAP out of us!! Stupidity is at an all time high!!! Sorry for the tangent....Back on track..

I just can't imagine how someone could basically "disable" their license plate lights and not have the thought process of "hmm-maybe this is not the right thing to do". Those lights basically tell me you are saying "f@ck the world- I don't care if I mow down your loved one at night because of my 10k Headlights, you wont even be able to get a plate ID on me because I don't have my plates illuminated anymore- HAHA!"
Old 12-23-11, 09:56 AM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

Originally Posted by LexUser85
I don't think he's saying that cops don't do it..just sayin that it's stupid for ANYONE to do it. And your right..I know many cops (I'm one myself) that break the law only because they know they can get away with it. It's messed up..but it happens. I personally dont feel it's right for me to speed everywhere I go then turn around and write someone a ticket for doing the same thing I was just doing. That's why I dont!

exactly.
Old 12-23-11, 03:13 PM
LexUser85
Driver

So I def looked up this jimmy justice guy and I'm really close to starting a new thread just to see what other people think!! This dude pisses me off!!
Old 12-23-11, 03:19 PM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

Originally Posted by LexUser85
So I def looked up this jimmy justice guy and I'm really close to starting a new thread just to see what other people think!! This dude pisses me off!!
DO IT! I'm curious too! I personally don't like him. He's a troublemaker and he takes issues WAY out of context, as well as too far. But of course, he will have plenty who will hop on his bandwagon. There are a few cops on there that are certainly in the wrong, but this guy is a little overzealous.
Old 12-26-11, 07:10 PM
LexUser85
Driver

Done! https://www.clublexus.com/forums/the...ml#post6906098
Old 12-27-11, 04:37 PM
iJDMTOY
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ultimately, it goes down to the saying "to each his own". I've always recommended my customers 6000K for the best color and output and maybe 8000K if they really want color, but anything more is another story..

With 6000K, you're losing about 8-12% of light from the stock 4300K which is barely noticeable. Around 8000K, you're losing about 15-20%, a slight noticeable difference. 10,000k and 12,000k, you're losing about 20-30% light output respectively which is very noticeable.

Human eyes have a hard time seeing that color of light at night. It always causes strain on your eyes after a while since your eyes are not adjusted to seeing that color on the road. It's also a big hint for getting attention from law enforcement with glaring dark blue/purple headlights, not to mention, annoying for other motorists.
Old 12-30-11, 01:32 PM
350in619
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nnu8unn
In socal, alot of ppl who drive hondas does it.
Not only Hondas in SoCal, but also on those lifted trucks that shine their headlight directly into your rearview mirror blinding the crap out of you.
Old 01-03-12, 08:37 AM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Sorry but to each there own is correct. Hate it or like people do have the right to do what they want to there own property. Just as over here the state trooper like to pull over drop honda but it ok to ride a truck 12ft off the ground.
Old 01-03-12, 10:43 AM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

I don't agree, not when it comes to safety equipment.

Lower or raise your car all you want.

What are you saying exactly? The trooper pulled over the lowered honda to write a citation listing the car was to low, or are you stating that the car was being profiled because it was lowered?

Sorry-riding around in the dark with headlights that don't serve any purpose other than to say how cool (stupid) one is not okay. Not when it comes to the safety of my family, and your family. Yes, you have a right do do what you want to your property, ON your property, once you drive your car off your property, it your responsibility to respect others, when your PROPERTY can easily cause bodily harm or death to someone innocent.

The lowered cars, raised cars issue may be valid, but not in this instance I don't think.
Old 01-03-12, 11:56 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by laobo979
Sorry but to each there own is correct. Hate it or like people do have the right to do what they want to there own property. Just as over here the state trooper like to pull over drop honda but it ok to ride a truck 12ft off the ground.
Not if it goes against the highway act... Laws are there, some are less enforced than others, say blue LED license lights vs. NO headlights [burnt bulbs]. Some tickets are too menial to waste time on when other offenders are going further than that, but that's the way it is.
Old 01-05-12, 05:13 PM
iJDMTOY
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

All in all, in the end, it is really up to the officer's discretion to give you a ticket or not for whatever offense they pulled you over for.

Many common traffic and safety laws are left to the officer's judgement. For example, I've had customers who use 12K/10K HIDs and have never been hassled and then I have customers who use 6K/8K HIDs and they get hassled. What's considered "unsafe" to one officer may not be the same definition for another.
Old 01-06-12, 10:35 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Lust4Lexus
I don't agree, not when it comes to safety equipment.

Lower or raise your car all you want.

What are you saying exactly? The trooper pulled over the lowered honda to write a citation listing the car was to low, or are you stating that the car was being profiled because it was lowered?

Sorry-riding around in the dark with headlights that don't serve any purpose other than to say how cool (stupid) one is not okay. Not when it comes to the safety of my family, and your family. Yes, you have a right do do what you want to your property, ON your property, once you drive your car off your property, it your responsibility to respect others, when your PROPERTY can easily cause bodily harm or death to someone innocent.

The lowered cars, raised cars issue may be valid, but not in this instance I don't think.
but the same can said for raising or lowering your car. doing it improperly can be more dangerous than blue headlights.

also 95% of the time the people with those headlights are people who buy hid kits and throw them in stock headlights with no projectors.

Quick Reply: Why do people think this is appropriate? Stupid Lights!