Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Why do people think this is appropriate? Stupid Lights!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-11, 09:37 AM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Why do people think this is appropriate? Stupid Lights!

I don't want to offend anyone here, but just want to say my peace, and am interested in others opinion.

It just makes my blood boil when I read someone talking about "upgrading" their lights to 8k or 10k- something high like that. I saw someone with what appeared to be a 10K system and he looked like such an idiot. the light that hit the car in front of him was so dim and blue, I couldn't believe that the driver was happy with his decision. I personally think that anything passed 6k should be outlawed.

Headlights should not be a fashion show, and too many people think that it's their prerogative to choose Headlight temperature, to the point of having worthless headlights. They are creating a hazard for themselves and those around them. It's so selfish of them if you think about it. I like the color blue, but why should I be allowed to put blue lights in my cars headlight beams. They are supposed to functional, not to be a source of bling bling.....

Imagine getting into an accident that could have been avoided if you could have actually seen the road. Is it selfishness, and I hate to say it, stupidity, at play here. You can't fight the physics people. I read "oh I can still see just fine" from those who think they are so cool because they have eagle eyes or something. Get over yourself. No matter how good your eyes are. 10k headlights are worthless. You could kill someone because of your dumb bulbs.

Another stupid thing I notice all to much, especially here in the city, are Blue LED license plate lights...I just love when I see two little blue dots above a license plate and the plate is not lit. Do you think it's okay for police and others not to be able to see your license plate? It only makes me think you are either really stupid, or doing something your not supposed to be doing. I will be a police officer soon and you can rest assured I will be giving tickets for rediculousness like this. Call me what you will, but there is no justification for these types of lighting choices.
Old 12-13-11, 09:53 AM
Cartune
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they think its cool i guess. some even think higher number means brighter, lol. i prefer oem spec. and i agree with license plate, also puddle lights, remind me of street glow strobe lights few years back.

at the end, to each to their own
Old 12-13-11, 10:24 AM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

Originally Posted by Cartune
they think its cool i guess. some even think higher number means brighter, lol. i prefer oem spec. and i agree with license plate, also puddle lights, remind me of street glow strobe lights few years back.

at the end, to each to their own
See cartune, I agree, "to each their own", but not when it comes to safety items like headlight bulbs.
Old 12-13-11, 09:44 PM
808Sc5spd
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol about those license plate lights
Old 12-14-11, 10:00 PM
jayajello
Pit Crew

where in NY are you from? lmao staten island has is filled with the type of people you are talking about..the worst is when there is a SUV behind you with really bright lights and you cant see out of your mirrors because its too bright, almost got into a bad accident because of that
Old 12-15-11, 10:03 AM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

Originally Posted by jayajello
where in NY are you from? lmao staten island has is filled with the type of people you are talking about..the worst is when there is a SUV behind you with really bright lights and you cant see out of your mirrors because its too bright, almost got into a bad accident because of that
I'm from Brooklyn. They must be coming over the Verrazzano......
Old 12-15-11, 04:23 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

what i hate most is people driving with their highbeams on n they drive really close to you on the freeway...

ok ill just slow down from 70 to 40 in a blink
Old 12-17-11, 08:22 PM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A lot of people in my area seem to like blue license plates lights. I saw a taxi yesterday with red LED plate lights, like WTF!?
Old 12-17-11, 09:01 PM
IS2FIFTY
Lead Lap

I agree , I dunno what people are thinking these days
Old 12-18-11, 06:23 AM
6sick6
Pole Position

I think people base their decision on how the light looks, while seeing the light from outside of the car and not thinking of how it will look from inside the car. Or how much they'll be able to see from it. Then when they realize they can't see anything, its like "oh well, I can see enough, since I just spent all that money and don't want to have to buy different bulbs now"
Old 12-20-11, 06:09 PM
TheAirman
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lust4Lexus
I don't want to offend anyone here, but just want to say my peace, and am interested in others opinion.

It just makes my blood boil when I read someone talking about "upgrading" their lights to 8k or 10k- something high like that. I saw someone with what appeared to be a 10K system and he looked like such an idiot. the light that hit the car in front of him was so dim and blue, I couldn't believe that the driver was happy with his decision. I personally think that anything passed 6k should be outlawed.

Headlights should not be a fashion show, and too many people think that it's their prerogative to choose Headlight temperature, to the point of having worthless headlights. They are creating a hazard for themselves and those around them. It's so selfish of them if you think about it. I like the color blue, but why should I be allowed to put blue lights in my cars headlight beams. They are supposed to functional, not to be a source of bling bling.....

Imagine getting into an accident that could have been avoided if you could have actually seen the road. Is it selfishness, and I hate to say it, stupidity, at play here. You can't fight the physics people. I read "oh I can still see just fine" from those who think they are so cool because they have eagle eyes or something. Get over yourself. No matter how good your eyes are. 10k headlights are worthless. You could kill someone because of your dumb bulbs.

Another stupid thing I notice all to much, especially here in the city, are Blue LED license plate lights...I just love when I see two little blue dots above a license plate and the plate is not lit. Do you think it's okay for police and others not to be able to see your license plate? It only makes me think you are either really stupid, or doing something your not supposed to be doing. I will be a police officer soon and you can rest assured I will be giving tickets for rediculousness like this. Call me what you will, but there is no justification for these types of lighting choices.

Excellent post and I agree 100% !!

I just wish the police around here in Western PA thought like you did. It's become out of control even with a state inspection system. The reason I attribute it to, is lack of enforcement.

Usually all those bulbs in the 6k and above color temperature range all carry the "not DOT approved" or "not for street use" or "for track use only" warnings, so the buyer and user all know they are illegal.
Old 12-20-11, 09:45 PM
nnu8unn
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by vwynn
what i hate most is people driving with their highbeams on n they drive really close to you on the freeway...

ok ill just slow down from 70 to 40 in a blink
In socal, alot of ppl who drive hondas does it.
Old 12-21-11, 08:39 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

I agree, and have schooled many of my friends in the past from making the same decisions [common understanding with HID's is 'higher color means better right?'] then i tell them NO!

And those LED lights are annoying you cant see anything. I went and bought bright ones since i like the OEM look, same with my HID's i went from 6000k to 4300k the following season.

I don't like the colored ****, especially in interiors since you can't see anything inside the car - hardly an upgrade but a tasteless 'downgrade' IMO...
Old 12-21-11, 10:34 AM
luda42688
Lead Lap

Anything other then Bright White or a White with a slight bluish tint is stupid and useless IMO
Old 12-21-11, 09:32 PM
LexUser85
Driver

I totally agree with you! I just ordered 6k for mine and already run 5k on my bike. I see kids all the time who run 8-10k on motorcycles which is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of! The only reason I upgraded my bike to begin with was so that these non driving tards in Florida would notice me a little more at night..and it helps! I couldn't imagine riding around blind like that.

Quick Reply: Why do people think this is appropriate? Stupid Lights!