Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Lexus Is350 HID low beam passenger side not turning on :[

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-12, 10:09 PM
alee350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Is350 HID low beam passenger side not turning on :[

Alrighty to begin with... sorry for writing a essay but I want everyone to understand what happened so they can provide the best feedback. Ok so it all began with me noticing that there was water in my headlight, it was all condensed onto the lens in the inside of my headlight. I thought nothing of it, thinking all i needed to do was to take a blowdryer to it. But later on driving tonight with a few friends they told me one of my low beams were out. So i ended up going home early to check out what happened. There is no problem with the bulb because I checked both with my one working headlight on the drivers side. I have tried to check my fuses but found nothing (i may have been checking the wrong area im not sure). so I am left to believe there is something wrong with the plug or ballast on the oem headlights. What is your guys take on this? What do you recommend me to do? to fix it? I did black out the housing of my headlights so I cant just ask for lexus to give me new ones from warranty.... Plz and thank you for the help!!!!
Old 02-19-12, 11:09 PM
speedstar
Pole Position

my driver side is out, bulb is good though, my guess is the ballast..
Old 10-16-14, 05:45 PM
jojo6066
Driver School Candidate

I'm having the same problem. No passenger side low beam. Changed the bulb and the pig tail, relay, all fuses good. Bulb works when I hit bright but not on low. Where is the ballast located?
Old 10-16-14, 10:15 PM
JCWong
Rookie

Originally Posted by alee350
Alrighty to begin with... sorry for writing a essay but I want everyone to understand what happened so they can provide the best feedback. Ok so it all began with me noticing that there was water in my headlight, it was all condensed onto the lens in the inside of my headlight. I thought nothing of it, thinking all i needed to do was to take a blowdryer to it. But later on driving tonight with a few friends they told me one of my low beams were out. So i ended up going home early to check out what happened. There is no problem with the bulb because I checked both with my one working headlight on the drivers side. I have tried to check my fuses but found nothing (i may have been checking the wrong area im not sure). so I am left to believe there is something wrong with the plug or ballast on the oem headlights. What is your guys take on this? What do you recommend me to do? to fix it? I did black out the housing of my headlights so I cant just ask for lexus to give me new ones from warranty.... Plz and thank you for the help!!!!
Ya very unlikely will Lexus provide any sort of warranty given your headlights have been "modified". I'd recommend to take the whole housing out again an try to trace and water spots leading into the headlight, especially the bulb/plugs/ballast area. The way how out ballasts sits and locks onto the back out our headlights, make sure that it is turned all the way tightly to prevent water leak at that spot, I heard it's pretty common there

Out of personal curiosity, wonder how your blacked out headlights run out
Old 10-16-14, 10:16 PM
JCWong
Rookie

Originally Posted by speedstar
my driver side is out, bulb is good though, my guess is the ballast..
tested if ballast is functioning?
Old 10-16-14, 10:22 PM
JCWong
Rookie

Originally Posted by jojo6066
I'm having the same problem. No passenger side low beam. Changed the bulb and the pig tail, relay, all fuses good. Bulb works when I hit bright but not on low. Where is the ballast located?
just right on the rear side of our headlights, should be a silver square flat cube shape about 2.5"x2.5" sitting on the housing that turns and loosens to give you access to your bulb.