Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

LED Replacement Bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-12, 11:00 AM
zig@tr
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Replacement Bulbs

Would I be able to use these H11 equivalent LED bulbs as a direct replacements for my stock halogen low bean bulbs which are also H11. Their website says for fog or daytime running but does not mention if you can use it as an everyday low beam bulb. If anyone has had expirence with these please let me know.

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/HID-Xenon-S..._h11_sku42.htm

Seems much easier than replacing with an HID conversion kit, if I can get away with just replacing the bulbs?
Old 04-05-12, 01:01 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can, but they're gonna be strictly for looks. You're gonna have problems driving at night. I woud recommend HIDs for looks and function.
Old 04-06-12, 09:54 AM
zig@tr
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seemed to good to be true, I didn't know if the light output would be the same as the halogen but if not I will just to the HID kit. I have done an HID kit in the past on a Mazda and it was a decent amount of work to get the bugs worked out with the automatic headlights, is there a HID kit for a IS that anyone has had experience with that is just an easy plug and play with no roadblocks?
Old 04-06-12, 05:16 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the ones from ddmtuning, hidxtra and xenondepot seem to work fine for everyone. I use xenondepot myself.

One thing is to make sure you install the ballasts as far away from the ecu as possible. It's not proven but people who have had their steering die also had aftermarket HIDs installed next to their ECU.

I myself got xenondepot because they advertise having EMI filters. I also put my ballasts far away from the ECU just in case.