Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jan at suvlights.com is very knowledgeable and a cool guy
Old 11-04-02, 05:25 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by GS4Will
jan at suvlights.com is very knowledgeable and a cool guy
cool, so do their kits come with instructions? know about the quality?

thanks
Old 11-04-02, 06:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts
Default Re: autolamps.com they're cheap..

Originally posted by aldo23
HOW THE HELL DO U GUYS PUT THEM IN...ERRRRRR....ANY TRICKS????I tried today to put my philip 6K in,but i couldnt, it didnt lock the way its suppose to, do I got to take something apart, help???and the funny thing was, im having problems w/ the left side,i can't even imagine when i try for the right..
umm... that's weird man, my 6000k bulbs were 9006 and i put them in, turn it, and they are locked totally. you shouldn't have to loosen up anything, it's directly replacement. i installed the whole kit within an hr, including taking all the photos
Old 11-04-02, 06:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by mburnickas
You just put the bulb in and then put the locking wire over it and then the wire should lock in.
oh, and if you are talking about the d2r bulbs, yup, put in the bulbs, push down the locking wire clip and you should be done
Old 11-04-02, 06:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by XenonES3

cool, so do their kits come with instructions? know about the quality?

thanks
like i said in the pm it's very easy to install. my kit came with some japanese instructions. i don't know japanese but by just looking at the wires, bulbs, ballasts, there is no way you can connect the stuff wrong. there is only one way you can fit everything together
Old 11-04-02, 08:27 PM
mburnickas
Pole Position

rominl - My set was also the same in Japanese but the kit really is dummy proof. just install the harness and bulbs.

I got my from project import. The guy is ok, not the greatest and the shipping I feel was great! They packed the light set in a box that was about 4 times the HID box. I would order from them again in the past. If any others are going ot order from them make sure you email them to make sure you are getting what you want. I do this with ANY online people to have documents for ref.

I also looked at other sites. One that I almost ordered from was http://www.turboevo.com/. I did not since his price was higher for credit card order. So I said no thanks. I want to use credit card to play it safe for any reasons.

***Some night pics**:

from the car: http://home.attbi.com/~mburnickas/hid_light.jpg

at car: http://home.attbi.com/~mburnickas/hid_light2.jpg

(the lights are NOT fuzzy in real life. I had the camera on manual mode so the flash did not work.)

Last edited by mburnickas; 11-04-02 at 08:31 PM.
Old 11-04-02, 09:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

yup, it's almost impossible to use a camera to capture what 6000k truly is you have to see it to believe it
Old 11-04-02, 10:32 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

*NOTE* Just to give you guys a heads up: I just ordered a pair of Phillips Ultinons and I had a lengthy conversation with the owner of the shop and explained to me that there are "Several shops out there peddling imitation Phillips Ultinons, from Taiwan and the Phillipines! All the way down to actually stamping the bulbs with the word PHILLIPS! :eek: Now don't get me wrong here see-fu, this is not directed at you or anyone else! BUT, I do want to post up this image of what he said I will be receiving and the ORIGINAL packaging. This was pulled straight from Phillips site!

Last edited by TXSTYLE; 11-04-02 at 10:34 PM.
Old 11-04-02, 11:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

yeah, you are right, pirated and fake stuff are all over the place in asia. it's to the point it's not even funny, very serious problem indeed. i am from asia so i know very well about that
Old 11-05-02, 06:42 PM
XO119
Driver School Candidate

TXSTYLE,

Where did you get your Philips 6000K kit?? How much did you pay for it??
Old 11-11-02, 12:38 AM
HOUTXGS300
Driver School Candidate

GO WITH 6000K ULTINONS FROM AUTOLAMP I HAVE THEM AND I LOVE THEM I WAS OUT LAST NITE DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD AND A BMW 330 WAS ON THE SIDE OF ME AND WE BOTH LOOK DOWN ON THE GROUND AND I OUT SHINE HIM HE WAS SICK MAN I'M TELLING YOU 6000K HID KIT IS THE WAY TO GO AUTOLAMP ONLY DEALES WITH PHILIPS ONLY SO U KNOW U ARE GETTING THE BEST OF THE BEST I PAYED $579.00 SHIPING AND HANDLY 3 DAYS TO DELIVER HOW FAST IS THAT COMING FROM G B
Old 11-11-02, 01:53 AM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are the Ultinon capsules clear or blue-tinted? I was under the impression that they were clear, and that the gas/metal halide mix was such that they burned "bluer" (like a 4100K bulb during warm-up). But I've seen pics of Ultinon's with a blue coating not unlike those on a "super-white" halogen (e.g. PIAA). What's the deal? Are the blue ones knock offs or the real thing?
Old 11-11-02, 01:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by squarehat
Are the Ultinon capsules clear or blue-tinted? I was under the impression that they were clear, and that the gas/metal halide mix was such that they burned "bluer" (like a 4100K bulb during warm-up). But I've seen pics of Ultinon's with a blue coating not unlike those on a "super-white" halogen (e.g. PIAA). What's the deal? Are the blue ones knock offs or the real thing?
the glass capsules are clear, the ground wire is purple/blue, and the metal sand inside the middle of the glass capsules is red. it's characteristics of all ultinon bulbs.

those blue tinted bulbs, they are 6000k wanna be. true 6000k bulbs like the ultinon, it really ignites at 6000k
Old 11-12-02, 04:02 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

The Philips bulbs are clear like rominl said, and they use xenon gas, not metal halide. TXSTYLE, I've never seen that packaging for Philips Ultinon. This could be because you pulled that image from Philips' Japanese website. Anyway, the packaging See_fu showed is legit.
Old 11-12-02, 05:16 PM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by lex400sc
The Philips bulbs are clear like rominl said, and they use xenon gas, not metal halide.
I was always under the impression that automotive HID lamps were similarto commercial metal halide fixtures (which use metal salts plus a small amount of mercury) I thought the xenon gas was used to excite the molecules of the producing the arc, allowing the lights to warm up more rapidly than a metal halide fixture found in a gymnasium, etc. I'm pretty sure that HID lamps are classified as sodium vapor(HPS), mercury vapor, or metal halide.

GE refers to their ArcStream D2R as a metal halide bulb:
" GE Lighting invented the metal halide light source... so who better to provide the automotive industry with the most revolutionary headlamp bulb since our invention of halogen technology! Designed for use in complex reflectors."
http://www.gelighting.com/na/litlib/d2rsellsheet.html

From KC HiLiting:
http://www.kchilites.com/applications.html
"HIGH INTENSITY DISCHARGE (Metal Halide)
This exciting new automotive technology uses mercury and xenon gases to create and maintain a light source. These two gasses are ignited by applying 30,000 volts of current to two electrodes within a glass tube about the size of a green pea."similar

Last edited by squarehat; 11-12-02 at 05:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Philips 6000K Ultinons