Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Does anyone make a Xenon projector retrofit for the gs yet?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-02, 11:01 AM
ezlyf
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone make a Xenon projector retrofit for the gs yet?

just wondering...
Old 11-04-02, 11:19 AM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

E39 5-series 4100k retrofit into a GS300 -- thread posted just a few hours ago.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=63166
Old 11-04-02, 12:34 PM
ezlyf
Driver

that retrofit looks like it's labor intensive. Does it come from the supplier witht he projector retrofitted?... are the parts supllied only for the retrofit? There's very little info on the web site.
Old 11-04-02, 12:49 PM
BananaGS
Tech Guru

I've done an X5 projectors retrofit on a honda prelude before, it's labor intensive, take alot of time and alot of skill. Just be prepare.
You have to make your own part when you want to retrofit hid of one car to another.

but this is the ONLY way to get a correct HID setup (normal HID retrofit by just replace the bulbs/balast is NOT the right way to do, that is just for show.

Last edited by BananaGS; 11-04-02 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-04-02, 03:54 PM
I QuiKSilvR I
Driver

ezlyf: Yes it is labor intensive. . I got it done this past saturday and it took completely the whole day. We began around 930 or so and lasted til 730. I was surprised that it was done in a day, if it didn't then i have to leave my car there no ride to go back home. As for the retrofit, everything was basically custom. I didn't expect the outcome to look like it did but I'm satisfied. The cost was $700 for everything; projectors, trims, painted housing, clear turn signal, etc. whatever is needed for the retrofit.. . The reason why i wanted the retrofit is because i want to be different and have that projector look (and the flickering of colors). I was considering on doing the Q45 retrofit but it's difficult to get the parts so i had a choice of either using the 5-series, porche, or audi projectors. I went with the 5 series because the projector fills the headlight better than the others. .
Old 11-04-02, 05:09 PM
I QuiKSilvR I
Driver

I"ve just downloaded all the pictures i took yesterday during the day and it's posted up. . check out the pictures and tell me what u guys think. .

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=63166
Old 11-06-02, 12:06 PM
ezlyf
Driver

Originally posted by I QuiKSilvR I
ezlyf: Yes it is labor intensive. . I got it done this past saturday and it took completely the whole day. We began around 930 or so and lasted til 730. I was surprised that it was done in a day, if it didn't then i have to leave my car there no ride to go back home. As for the retrofit, everything was basically custom. I didn't expect the outcome to look like it did but I'm satisfied. The cost was $700 for everything; projectors, trims, painted housing, clear turn signal, etc. whatever is needed for the retrofit.. . The reason why i wanted the retrofit is because i want to be different and have that projector look (and the flickering of colors). I was considering on doing the Q45 retrofit but it's difficult to get the parts so i had a choice of either using the 5-series, porche, or audi projectors. I went with the 5 series because the projector fills the headlight better than the others. .
Illusion lighting sells the stage 2 kit with the E39 projectors for $750 with labor...... is that the kit you have? I'm also shooting for that cool light cut off with the color flicker. They also sell a stage 3 kit for $1400 with European ECE rated projectors..... you think those have even more of a flicker?
Old 11-06-02, 02:46 PM
I QuiKSilvR I
Driver

ezlyf, yes i do have the stage 2 retrofit. AS for the stage 3, i know that it is way brighter than the DOT spec. To get a clear answer, you should email illusion-lighting by clicking on the contact link on their site. .
Old 11-06-02, 05:09 PM
ezlyf
Driver

ezlyf, yes i do have the stage 2 retrofit. AS for the stage 3, i know that it is way brighter than the DOT spec. To get a clear answer, you should email illusion-lighting by clicking on the contact link on their site. .
How's the color shift with the beam pattern cut off on your stage 2? Does is it shift as much as OEM BMW E39s? If that's sufficient I don't see the sense in spending double that for the stage 3.
Old 11-06-02, 07:16 PM
I QuiKSilvR I
Driver

The beam patter is almost exactly like the OEM BMW E39s. . Straight line from one side to the other and flickers when you hit a dip like the OEM BMW
Old 11-07-02, 02:39 PM
ezlyf
Driver

The beam patter is almost exactly like the OEM BMW E39s. . Straight line from one side to the other and flickers when you hit a dip like the OEM BMW
Thanks for the info. I think I will follow in your footsteps and stick to the stage 2. My goal mainly is to acheive that dazzling color flicker look with projectors.
Old 11-07-02, 07:56 PM
see_fu
Pole Position

Got some good news. Just worked out a deal with my supplier to get me some E39 ECE spec projectors. these things will rock!!!!!!! If you're looking for that flicker effect, ECE spec is definitely the way to go.

Last edited by see_fu; 11-07-02 at 07:57 PM.
Old 11-07-02, 08:49 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ECE-spec lenses are completely transparent like one of those novelty fine crystal sculptures. They are pricier because they are more precisely blown and are imported directly from Europe. They make your HIDs even brighter and more colorful than regular DOT-spec lenses you see on the road today.
Old 11-12-02, 01:56 PM
ezlyf
Driver

Originally posted by see_fu
Got some good news. Just worked out a deal with my supplier to get me some E39 ECE spec projectors. these things will rock!!!!!!! If you're looking for that flicker effect, ECE spec is definitely the way to go.
see_fu,

are you the same guy who does the installs for illusion-lighting.com? how much for the ece E39 projector conversion for the gs?
Old 11-16-02, 02:33 PM
Gstt
Banned

guys, what about the Q45 HID conversion????

You can't tell me that isn't the best looking HID for a gs.

How much will that run? parts needed? all from Nissan??

Quick Reply: Does anyone make a Xenon projector retrofit for the gs yet?