Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Polarg Wedge Light

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-02, 02:54 AM
GSquicksilver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Polarg Wedge Light

i was wondering if you guys know if there is another polarg light besides the M-6 that would fit in the DRL wedge. i heard someone say you could put the polarg M-80 or the M-4 light in and those are 5 watts like the OEM bulbs. i don't know if i want to put the M-6 bulbs in cuz i have silverstars, not HID, so it might not be a good match. any info would be great.
Old 12-31-02, 03:03 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Re: Polarg Wedge Light

Originally posted by GSquicksilver
i was wondering if you guys know if there is another polarg light besides the M-6 that would fit in the DRL wedge. i heard someone say you could put the polarg M-80 or the M-4 light in and those are 5 watts like the OEM bulbs. i don't know if i want to put the M-6 bulbs in cuz i have silverstars, not HID, so it might not be a good match. any info would be great.
i have m4, which is the exact size/wattage replacement, 5w bulbs. it's not as bright as m6 but imho it looks just right. i think it might look a bit "bluer" than the silverstars
Old 12-31-02, 03:42 AM
GSquicksilver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

rominl,
how do the M-4's look with ur HID's?
Old 12-31-02, 05:31 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I just switched my Polarg M-4s to M-6s tonight....what a difference in brightness.... no problems with putting them in and I didn't need to cut my housing to get them in (passenger-side took me about 1 minute to swap out.....driver side took me about 4 minutes).

As for matching them with Silverstars.... the Polargs do emit a slight blue tint when you look up close. As for on-coming traffic....they probably would NOT notice the slight blue tint in your wedge bulbs since the Silverstars are quite bright.

Pete
Old 12-31-02, 01:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by GSquicksilver
rominl,
how do the M-4's look with ur HID's?
well i have 6000k so it matches quite well actually, and when you are up close you see blue hue from m4 but from far away it looks perfect.

but since 4100k hid is more yellow, that's why i would say the m4 would look a bit blue when going with stock hid
Old 01-02-03, 07:22 PM
twenty1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where did you get your polarg m-6's from?
Old 01-02-03, 07:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by twenty1
where did you get your polarg m-6's from?

i got it from local stores, they are cheaper, cash no tax, and no shipping (shipping of those cheap stuff would be too much). if online, you can try optauto.com
Old 01-03-03, 02:27 AM
Synergy
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I have the M6 and like them quite a bit. They are very bright, however and sometimes I get flashed. They could be a bit more blue, however. I had the M4's before and they weren't nearly as bright and almost too blue.

Take a look at the M6 setup:

Last edited by Synergy; 01-03-03 at 02:28 AM.
Old 01-03-03, 02:31 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Synergy
Yeah I have the M6 and like them quite a bit. They are very bright, however and sometimes I get flashed. They could be a bit more blue, however. I had the M4's before and they weren't nearly as bright and almost too blue.

Take a look at the M6 setup:

hahhaa that pic makes everything yellow except the 6000k hid
Old 01-03-03, 02:49 AM
Synergy
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I hear ya ROM... They really don't look that yellow...it's the only pic I have unfortunatley. Actually, this one shows the brightness, not very blu tho. Damn digital cams!!!

Last edited by Synergy; 01-03-03 at 02:50 AM.
Old 01-03-03, 02:57 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Synergy
Yeah I hear ya ROM... They really don't look that yellow...it's the only pic I have unfortunatley. Actually, this one shows the brightness, not very blu tho. Damn digital cams!!!

man you got such good camera there
Old 01-07-03, 06:36 PM
mcgong
Lexus Test Driver

I was running Polarg M6 bulbs for about a year and I like them. A CON though is that they burn out. Just this last Saturday my friend with his GS said that mine looked kinda dim. So when I got home, I looked at the bulb while it was on and it looked like there was black stuff caked on the outside of the bulb. So next morning I took the bulb out and the black stuff was actually inside the bulb. The bulb looked more black than blue. So I replaced the two wedge bulbs after about a years use on them. Not bad though for only a 12 dollar mod. Has anyone else had the same problem with them.
Old 01-07-03, 09:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by mcgong
I was running Polarg M6 bulbs for about a year and I like them. A CON though is that they burn out. Just this last Saturday my friend with his GS said that mine looked kinda dim. So when I got home, I looked at the bulb while it was on and it looked like there was black stuff caked on the outside of the bulb. So next morning I took the bulb out and the black stuff was actually inside the bulb. The bulb looked more black than blue. So I replaced the two wedge bulbs after about a years use on them. Not bad though for only a 12 dollar mod. Has anyone else had the same problem with them.
weird, too hot?
Old 01-07-03, 11:22 PM
twenty1
Lead Lap

i'm having a problem replacing my wedge bulb. am i looking at the wrong thing? it doesn't seem as easy as a convential car bulb change. if there's a thread that addresses this, let me know. don't wanna ask the same question that is asked over and over.
Old 01-07-03, 11:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by twenty1
i'm having a problem replacing my wedge bulb. am i looking at the wrong thing? it doesn't seem as easy as a convential car bulb change. if there's a thread that addresses this, let me know. don't wanna ask the same question that is asked over and over.
nah it's ok, just ask. which wedge bulb you talking about? the one that's in the high beam housing? what problem do you have in changing it? you just need to twist it (counterclockwise) by like 1/8 to 1/4 circle and the plug will come off. pull the bulb out and put in the new bulb

Quick Reply: Polarg Wedge Light