Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

GS400 - Bulb advice needed...

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-03, 10:46 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 totaly different looks.... But from what I know of you go for the Polargs.... What I think Banana is reffering to is maybe the part number Lexus has in their computer...
Old 01-01-03, 11:06 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,371 Likes on 1,556 Posts

Ok, I cracked and ordered 4 M4's, 4 M6's and 2 of the LED ones for the side to play with.

Thanks a lot.
Old 01-01-03, 11:22 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Look at you just spending the money... You want to buy me some too???
Old 01-02-03, 04:19 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by mrsypher

Me too.. I have a blue LED dome light and Polarg M26's (?) as the map lights... As for those bottom lights I was thinking about pulling off the wire harness and putting a 194 harness and blue LED bulb... Not sure if it'll work but I'm going to try it soon... Then if that doesn't work I'm going to take those little bulbs out and just hook up some Blue LED strips down below....
yup, changing the housing would be the other way round, though it's too complicated for my taste, heheh
Old 01-02-03, 11:44 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by bitkahuna
Ok, I cracked and ordered 4 M4's, 4 M6's and 2 of the LED ones for the side to play with.

Thanks a lot.
Geez... impulse shopper! I hope those LED ones aren't too bright for the side markers. I have single LED's in mine, and they are just right (to me anyways). Check 'em out on Sunday, and let me know what you think.
Old 01-02-03, 01:35 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by rominl

yup, changing the housing would be the other way round, though it's too complicated for my taste, heheh
Rom, trust me when I say me too..... But I have got to have everything match. Becuase right now it drives me crazy...
Old 01-02-03, 04:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Rom, trust me when I say me too..... But I have got to have everything match. Becuase right now it drives me crazy...
tell me about it man. every time i open my doors, everything is white except the darn footwell. even my gf is like can't you do something there as well? i wanna kill myself
Old 01-02-03, 04:44 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

I'm glad I'm not the only one with that kind of O.C.D. when it comes to my car...
Old 01-02-03, 05:39 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,371 Likes on 1,556 Posts

Look at you just spending the money... You want to buy me some too???
Sure, what do ya need?
Old 01-02-03, 09:44 PM
Blanco
Lexus Test Driver

Default Late better than never.

Don't know if it's too late or not, but this might help answer some questions.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...5&pagenumber=1

Look down near the end of the first page. Also have some pics on the second page. Pure clear during day(side markers), amber led(police friendly) by night.

I'm an LED junkie. I'm still waiting to see if mr. sypher replaces the footwell lights with 194 sockets. I'm thinking about trying this myself.

BTW, the dome light is commonly referred to as #3175. I've got the PIAA xtreme white in the dome and Raybrig 135s in the map light sockets.
Old 01-02-03, 10:33 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Bit, glad you asked.... I'm thinking about staying with my red theme, so that means that I might change out my Blue LED's for Red ones.. Let me see, I think that means that I need 14 Red LED bulbs.. Yeah that's it 7 pairs.... But make sure there RED not blue, OK????

Blanc, hopefully my GS will be ready tomorrow and I can pick it up.. If it is then I'll ask my buddy of there if he has some harnesses around that I could have and I'll do it as soon as I get home...
Old 01-03-03, 09:18 PM
Blanco
Lexus Test Driver

Blanc, hopefully my GS will be ready tomorrow and I can pick it up.. If it is then I'll ask my buddy of there if he has some harnesses around that I could have and I'll do it as soon as I get home...
SWEET!!! I can't wait to hear about it, and see some pics. While we're on the subject of lighting, I was wondering has anyone heard of anyone replacing the stock GS4 foglight bulbs with the PIAA Ion bulbs?? The yellow Ion bulbs. I was interested in what the foglights would look like with yellow bulbs with yellow lens.

Before any of you say "yellow", I know that already. I'm just wondering how "yellow" and how bright. Anyone know a good place to buy those Ion bulbs from???

Thanks,
Blanco
Old 01-03-03, 09:27 PM
Blanco
Lexus Test Driver

Talking O.C.D.ers Unite!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one with that kind of O.C.D. when it comes to my car...
LOL, my wife commonly calls me an O.C.D. FREAK, when in reference to my car. I'm not alone after all...........;-P
Old 01-04-03, 01:02 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Alright guys I got some bad news and some good news... First the good news... The new tranny is already installed in my car and fully functional well almost fully... It seems as thought it wasn't my tranny or the solenoid that was causing my problems.. Because now the E-Shift still isn't working, but it shifts to fifth now.. Or so that's what they say.. And now the bad news, Lexus has to order me a whole new computer for my GS because they don't have a clue as to why my E-Shift is working... So that means my car won't be ready till atleast Wednesday of next week... That really sucks, but atleast I got a new tranny... So that footwell light mod is going to have to wait... But feel free to try it and let me know how it turns out....

Here's a pic for all you that don't know about my GS's problem...
Attached Thumbnails GS400 - Bulb advice needed...-drive2.jpg  
Old 01-04-03, 01:04 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

And here it is in "M" E-Shift.....
If you look the ''M" is litup with "2"....
Attached Thumbnails GS400 - Bulb advice needed...-display2.jpg  

Last edited by MrSypher; 01-04-03 at 01:04 AM.

Quick Reply: GS400 - Bulb advice needed...