Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

POLARG M6(Daytime lights) HELP

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-03, 06:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by bitkahuna
If I could install M6's in the parking bulb sockets anyone can.

I got big hands and I'm a klutz. I'm not gonna say it was easy, especially on the driver's side, but ya just gotta breathe and stay relaxed. Use the force...
not the physical force though
Old 02-11-03, 08:38 PM
shaneheber
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have another question, do yall change the bulb in the low beam driving light to M4.
Old 02-11-03, 08:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by shaneheber
Have another question, do yall change the bulb in the low beam driving light to M4.
nononono, the low beam is 9006 type, running at much higher wattage. totally different story
Old 02-11-03, 11:19 PM
shaneheber
Driver

ok, so did you change yours, or did you leave it alone. Low beams. will M4 lights work for my back up lights. Man i must be getting on yall nerves..lol I promise i want ask anymore after this, i think i got it....Next thing i will do is change my interior lights like you post it .......thanks..

Let me ask you how much of a difference is the m6, vs. the m4. Will cars think i have my brights on all the time with the m6. I went ahead and order both. I'll probably end up using the m4, i can just see me f***king up the m6 trying to put them in. But ill try anyway, i have good hands im a Professional window tinter....for 12 years....

When i get the lights in i will post pics. also this weekend i will have my system together....(3) Alpine type r, ported on JBL 1200.1,and a 4 channel JBL for the highs.

I'll make sure and post the pics of my system, man the box can out awsome, didnt take much room in the trunk and it has 1.5 cubes per sub. I will be trying to make a face plat for my Alpine radio and Alpine 11 band eq, out of plexegalss. Hope it comes out like the factory curve at the bottom. Anyway its late and i need to go, talk to yall later.
Old 02-12-03, 05:23 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

...will M4 lights work for my back up lights
Your reverse lights? Check the Sticky at the top of this Forum for GS related bulbs. Also, your O/M contains that info if no one else posts it here for you.

Let me ask you how much of a difference is the m6, vs. the m4. Will cars think i have my brights on all the time with the m6.
I'ver never seen the difference, but I hear / read its pretty big. No, you will not be mistaken for having your brights on all the time. They are not that bright, and also are not angled or focused onto the area infront of your GS.

Also, becareful with the Language.

Make sure you post your system pics in the Electronics Forum.

Good Luck!
Old 02-12-03, 06:22 AM
shaneheber
Driver

Sorry about the language it was kinda late when i type this artical. Thanks for the input, i think i finally have it Dek and Rominl.... Man this is like a drug, to many things i would want to do to my gs3..lolol....

thanks guys!!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-03, 08:11 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,584 Posts

shane - I take it your low beams are not HIDs. If they're HIDs you don't wanna touch them. If they are you'll need a 9006 type replacement.
Old 02-12-03, 12:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

ok, so did you change yours, or did you leave it alone. Low beams. will M4 lights work for my back up lights. Man i must be getting on yall nerves..lol I promise i want ask anymore after this, i think i got it....Next thing i will do is change my interior lights like you post it .......thanks..

Let me ask you how much of a difference is the m6, vs. the m4. Will cars think i have my brights on all the time with the m6. I went ahead and order both. I'll probably end up using the m4, i can just see me f***king up the m6 trying to put them in. But ill try anyway, i have good hands im a Professional window tinter....for 12 years....

When i get the lights in i will post pics. also this weekend i will have my system together....(3) Alpine type r, ported on JBL 1200.1,and a 4 channel JBL for the highs.

I'll make sure and post the pics of my system, man the box can out awsome, didnt take much room in the trunk and it has 1.5 cubes per sub. I will be trying to make a face plat for my Alpine radio and Alpine 11 band eq, out of plexegalss. Hope it comes out like the factory curve at the bottom. Anyway its late and i need to go, talk to yall later.
well i changed my low beam, but instead of just bulb upgrade i went ahead to get hid, even better, type 9006, 6000k

check the link at the top of this forum for all the bulb type on the GS, at least i am sure m4 is too weak for backup light
Old 02-12-03, 09:55 PM
shaneheber
Driver

Well im still waiting on my m6, should be here tommorow. Today i was at a speed shop and one of the guys told me to try A1C Simulated HID Plasma Ultra White bulbs in my low beams. I put them in, they look pertty good, has a good white effect.

Is this product worth keeping!!!!!
Old 02-13-03, 05:47 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

.....the guys told me to try A1C Simulated HID Plasma Ultra White bulbs in my low beams.....Is this product worth keeping...
I've never heard of them, or seen them discussed here, but I'm no lighting guru. Most of us here go with PIAA, RAZO, Philips, etc

Not that they are low-quality bulbs, but don't ever purchase them, or 'cheap' bulbs that boast high wattages. You'll only wind up replacing them later, costing more money in the long run.

Feel free to ask questions here before making any purchases, and we can help you avoid the mistakes we've already made. Also, try the Search too. (I had to say it guys )

Last edited by ///MDex; 02-13-03 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-13-03, 08:40 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Dex
I've never heard of them, or seen them discussed here, but I'm no lighting guru. Most of us here go with PIAA, RAZO, Philips, etc
nop, i never heard about that brand too
Old 02-13-03, 09:01 AM
shaneheber
Driver

Hey Rominl and Dex this is what they say about this Light

*Xenon Gas Technology
*Replaces OEM Bulbs
*50% More LIght Output
*Improves Visibilty

*Actual wattage 55watts
*Xenon Equivalent Brillance 100watts
*Color Temp 4000 k

They told me its pertty new and is selling hot in the East cost. they cost me 15.00 per bulb. I also compared the bulb to a Silverstar with the same wattage, this one looks much better and its a little briter. I will compared and see how they look with the M6 and keep yall inform.

thanks guys
Old 02-13-03, 09:43 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

*Actual wattage 55watts

....they cost me 15.00 per bulb. I also compared the bulb to a Silverstar with the same wattage, this one looks much better and its a little briter.

Well, they are still 55W, so that is good. Man, $15 ea? Sounds good, esp if they are as good looking as the SSs.
Old 02-13-03, 12:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Dex
Well, they are still 55W, so that is good. Man, $15 ea? Sounds good, esp if they are as good looking as the SSs.
yeah the price is very affordable, and since it's only 55w (within spec), maybe it's worth the try
Old 02-14-03, 01:42 PM
shaneheber
Driver

Hey guys i got my m6 lights in and they dont really match the light i was telling you about. Do Polarg make a 9006 for my low beams. What bulb should i go with to get the best match. Im keeping the m6 in, i like that look. Just need to get something that maches it.

Quick Reply: POLARG M6(Daytime lights) HELP