Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

POLARG M6(Daytime lights) HELP

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-03, 10:14 AM
shaneheber
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default POLARG M6(Daytime lights) HELP

I just order a pair of each for my car M6, and M4 its for the daytime driving lights. They told me that i will have to modified the hold to fit a m6 bulb in it. I have a 2002 gs3, has anybody did this before. What should i do. I also order a pair od M4 for the night time lights and side marker M4 to completet the look.

thanks.............
Old 02-10-03, 11:58 AM
BananaGS
Tech Guru

no modification, the m6 bulb is abit bigger, so it's alittle harder to push through the bulb hole. But don't need any modification at all to install the m6, direct swap.

and M6 is not a daytime running light, it's parking light.
Old 02-10-03, 01:44 PM
shaneheber
Driver

ok so there is two bulbs in the light fixture, do i put m6 bulbs in the top or the bottom. And do i put a m4 in the other one.
Old 02-10-03, 02:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by shaneheber
ok so there is two bulbs in the light fixture, do i put m6 bulbs in the top or the bottom. And do i put a m4 in the other one.
the m6 and m4 are both for the bottom, it's not the DRL, it's just the parking light
Old 02-10-03, 02:19 PM
shaneheber
Driver

ok so what do i use for the top, or do i need to change it. And also just to make sure i order the right one. which one do i use for the head lights for night.
Old 02-10-03, 02:59 PM
shaneheber
Driver

One more thing guys where can i find the clear side marker covers. I have the bulbs
Old 02-10-03, 03:02 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,584 Posts

ok so what do i use for the top, or do i need to change it. And also just to make sure i order the right one. which one do i use for the head lights for night.
OK shane, why don't you just experiment with your own lights to see what goes on with what position!? The DRLs are the same bulbs as the high beams, so I don't recommend replacing those.
Old 02-10-03, 07:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

m4 and m6 will both fit, maybe you can try and see which one you like more. the other bulb is the high beam, which is type 9005. i don't change that on my car.

are you in los angeles? if so, there are tons of shops around where you can purchase the clear side marker for around 30 bucks
Old 02-11-03, 06:18 AM
shaneheber
Driver

thanks Rominl and bitkahuna for the info. Just wanted to make sure im doing it right, i never change lights before on any of my vech, Just didnt know which one to change.

Rominl i live in Lafayette, Louisiana Is there a place on the web i can find the clear side markers. Im about 2 hrs. from New Orleans man i wisg yall could come down for Mardi Gras its like the Party in the world where women walk around naked and they dont get in troulbe. LOL wish that holiday could stay forever. Man all kind of stuff happens that month.......thanks yall
Old 02-11-03, 12:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

thanks Rominl and bitkahuna for the info. Just wanted to make sure im doing it right, i never change lights before on any of my vech, Just didnt know which one to change.

Rominl i live in Lafayette, Louisiana Is there a place on the web i can find the clear side markers. Im about 2 hrs. from New Orleans man i wisg yall could come down for Mardi Gras its like the Party in the world where women walk around naked and they dont get in troulbe. LOL wish that holiday could stay forever. Man all kind of stuff happens that month.......thanks yall
ah... haha, LA does have different meaning i guess don't worry, just ask whatever you want, there is never a stupid question you might wanna check out ebay for clear side marker, i know some folks got theirs there. i don' tknow which one is good though
Old 02-11-03, 12:47 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You don't need to modify anything Shane, although, using the Seach Page might help you some as well.

This should also help.

http://www.digitalsimple.com/M6%20Page.htm
Old 02-11-03, 02:31 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Shane:

I would recommend you have someone else more skilled to put in your M-6 bulbs. For a beginner who never swapped out lights in a car before, the M-6 will be a BIG challenge (especially on the driver-side)..... afterall, it was a real "pain in the butt" for some skilled CL members.
Old 02-11-03, 02:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by PHML
Shane:

I would recommend you have someone else more skilled to put in your M-6 bulbs. For a beginner who never swapped out lights in a car before, the M-6 will be a BIG challenge (especially on the driver-side)..... afterall, it was a real "pain in the butt" for some skilled CL members.
indeed, it must be a pain to put the m6 in. even with the m4 the driver side was quite a big job for me already
Old 02-11-03, 02:58 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ehhh, installing a lightbulb? It's not that difficult, you just have to take your time.

I bet you could summon a few others in your regional area (bribe with adult beverages and pizza) to drop by for a few hours one afternoon to help you, but, if you take your time, and prepare, you shouldn't have much of an issue. PLUS, you'll get to meet some other CL folks!
Old 02-11-03, 05:42 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,584 Posts

If I could install M6's in the parking bulb sockets anyone can.

I got big hands and I'm a klutz. I'm not gonna say it was easy, especially on the driver's side, but ya just gotta breathe and stay relaxed. Use the force...

Quick Reply: POLARG M6(Daytime lights) HELP