Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

do u like my neon lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-03, 10:21 PM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

I don't like the neon thing inside nor outside. But how is this any different than when somebody puts an amp in the trunk with neon lights?
Old 02-24-03, 11:38 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

neon INSIDE the trunk is cosmetic looks. same with neons inside the car. its nice to have a little light coming out from under something. but almost ANY neon Outside a car is nasty.
Old 02-25-03, 12:29 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I promise not to make fun of your neons if you promise to take those wheels to a metal recycler so that they can be put to better use.

On the neons, I personally hate the use of neon on a car, but it could look a lot better if it was more evenly distrubed around the car instead of spotlit around the four sides.

I guess neon and blingin' wheels are still a popular subculture amongst youngsters in the south/midwest, but most the rest of America is over the neon fad, which is why you are being met with such strong disgust on this thread. If you like it, that's fine, but at least do it right.

The wheels HAVE TO GO. When we say *bling*, that is not an endearing synonym for expensive, rather a euphamism for ugly and excessive. I could name off three dozen wheels that would look better on the ES than those.

Also, take homie's advice and lower that car before you start spending money on other things like neons. The car looks awkward without a lowered profile. And please lower your car properly, no spring cutting or spring heating. Buy the Eibachs if you're so well off.
Old 02-25-03, 08:41 AM
BkLexZ
Pole Position

Wink

I think neons are for ricers. I would never in my lifetime put them on my car. There are a ton of wheels better looking than those. But if you like it then, enjoy it.

Last edited by BkLexZ; 02-25-03 at 08:43 AM.
Old 02-25-03, 02:23 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up comment:

Do you ride around with the neons on all the time during the night? If so its kinda out of place. I think they can be done fairly tasteful. Hitting the lights at shows is ok i suppose. If you are happy with you car and you feel it is nice and your down for it, thats all that matters. I have not posted pics of my car yet cuz i haven't got rid of my monsterous gap in my wheel well done yet (coilovers coming soon). Either its your folks money or my own money...its still funny money being spent on our rides...to each his own. Your wheels are not my favorite either, but your doing better than 75-80% of es owners who leave thier car stock. I can see you doing good at shows with your car. But if you read the posts and view peoples tastes, you should have known what response you would receive.
Old 02-25-03, 03:24 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Mr Lexus,

If you post a thread and ask for peoples opinions, do not get offended when they are all not positive. You have to realize that this site is not a neighborhood forum of friends, there are people of all ages, walks of life, and regions looking at your car. How could you expect everyone to like it? Also, if you going to imply that you spent more $$ than those who replied to your post, you should view some profiles first!! Most of the peoples cars have 8 times the money invested over yours!! You have to accept the truth, for you to have a ES with 18s, a system, and some TVs/ neon, and try to diss someone with a GS and TTE, Lowenhart, etc is like me calling Mike Gates a dead broke computer programmer!!

Dont get offended because some people didnt like your car, if your happy with it, that is whats really important! Just remember, if you were balling like THAT, would you be in the least expensive Lexus availible??
Old 02-25-03, 08:32 PM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

DGOT20s, I agree with everything you said....except.....I think you meant Bill Gates.

sj
Old 02-26-03, 07:38 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i might b a little late on this but if u ask 4 an opinion u need to b able to take the good with the bad, so, ok, u might have gotten more bad than good, but that doesn't mean u need to rip people 4 their opinions. personally i think the car is nice ,----------------xcept 4 the wheels and neons but other than that it looks good.
Old 02-26-03, 02:56 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Yeah, I meant to say Michael Dell
Old 02-26-03, 03:09 PM
GS4DOUGIE
Lead Lap

Default Neon License Plate

Mr Lex-

Didn't they throw in the neon license plate frame with the underbody light kit?? I had to ask-

Honestly tho-

to each his own-

Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies...

Doug

I had to pile on
Old 02-26-03, 03:20 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Not feeling the neon or wheels.

Also, when you post in a public forum and ask for opinions, be ready to digest good and bad opinions. It is a public forum with a lot of strong minded individuals. And let's face it, when it comes to cars, everyone has their own taste.
Old 02-26-03, 05:49 PM
EmeraldLexuSC3
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts
Thumbs down

In my humble opinion; neons make your ride look cheap!
on a side note, the cut-out-pie-tin wheels............cheap!
But on a positive note. the neons sure cast light on a Handicapped situation.
Sorry to hear that you did not get the support you were hoping for. But the opinion of others on this forum are not the same crowd you are going to hear from bias opinions at the showoffs. Showing your ride in Car showoffs are a different arena, it's like a pageant show................, it's all fluff.
Word from the wise, If you can not advertise without the constructive criticism, then deal with it!
This is not a civic nation , but hey, what do i know? It's your money, your ride and you have every right to have selective taste!
It's all a matter of personal taste and opinion with respect to class. Than there are those you need to draw attention on themselves regardless of taste and style, these are the lose souls that need help!

Last edited by EmeraldLexuSC3; 02-27-03 at 08:21 PM.
Old 02-26-03, 09:24 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

you guys all scuuurrred him away. lol
Old 02-26-03, 09:34 PM
APLUS
Lead Lap

You asked how it looks and I will say to someone who likes neon I guess it looks good, but to me it's just not my thing.

If you like your car and the mods you do to it don't worry about what everyone else thinks. Sometimes I feel there are to many followers and not enough leaders. I like chrome wheels and some people don't but that's not going to make me change my wheels. It's your money your car so do what ever makes you happy.

On the flip side I would think your car would look better with white neon instead of blue.
Old 02-27-03, 03:48 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

If your parents give you enough money.......you wouldn't end up with a Lexus and those NICE WHEELS and the neons.....you'll be driving an S600 with Brabus wheels. BTW......Don't watch too much MTV cribs.

Quick Reply: do u like my neon lights