Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Do H3C H.I.D. exist?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-03, 03:10 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Do H3C H.I.D. exist?

Hey gang~~I got an 93 LS400 with H4 headlight and H3C foglights. First, I want to put H.I.D. for the fog light(I already had the headlight converted to H.I.D.) Do they even make H3C H.I.D. bulbs? And second.....I lose my foglight due to the H.I.D. conversion. Does anyone know how to re-wire the foglight to somewhere else so I can still use them.....Thanks so much for the help.
Old 02-19-03, 04:06 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i am no LS expert so i hope someone else cna come in. any pics of your fog bulbs? also, why did you lose your fogs when you convert your headlight?
Old 02-19-03, 04:20 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

I think the foglights are wire to the hi-beams. Since H4 HID conversion loses the hi-beam, it also loses foglights.
Old 02-19-03, 04:21 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have yet to see HC3 HIDs. The fogs have been known to not work after installing HIDs on our LS's. There have been a couple members who took their cars to an audio shop to get the fogs rewired so they can work with the HIDs.
Old 02-19-03, 04:22 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Originally posted by kenjitsou
I think the foglights are wire to the hi-beams. Since H4 HID conversion loses the hi-beam, it also loses foglights.
That could be it.
Old 02-19-03, 05:20 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is my next weeks project. Should br easy to do with voltmeter and a solder iron. I'll post the results.
Old 02-19-03, 06:03 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by retrodrive
This is my next weeks project. Should br easy to do with voltmeter and a solder iron. I'll post the results.
I thought one of the LS owner BHC had done that already. Did u ask him how to do it?
Old 02-19-03, 06:14 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are H3c same as H3. if they are it would be pointless to put HID in a H3 housing. 1 reason. the Filament in a H3 bulb is perpedicular to the bulb which allows the light to be shot straight out. which means the housing was designed to just keep the light straight. now if you put in a HID bulb the capsule is at the center and the majority of the light comes out the side of the bulb. the H3 housing wasn't designed to have all this light shot to the side like that. H3 is the only bulb with its filament perpedicular to the actualy bulb. i have already tried to put HID in a h3 housing. it was BAD.
Old 02-19-03, 06:23 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Jmai22
are H3c same as H3. if they are it would be pointless to put HID in a H3 housing. 1 reason. the Filament in a H3 bulb is perpedicular to the bulb which allows the light to be shot straight out. which means the housing was designed to just keep the light straight. now if you put in a HID bulb the capsule is at the center and the majority of the light comes out the side of the bulb. the H3 housing wasn't designed to have all this light shot to the side like that. H3 is the only bulb with its filament perpedicular to the actualy bulb. i have already tried to put HID in a h3 housing. it was BAD.

Oh why~Oh why~~~~ If they work, it'll be a very cool mod.
Old 02-19-03, 07:45 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, I should talk to BHC, so far I have followed ate things that he has done and it was just as he described it. I really have a lot of props for that guy

I am pretty sure that the fogs wiring is so simple I won't need help though. Wanna try and mess with my flashlights too.
Old 02-19-03, 10:42 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Good point Jmai...that explains why the 9004 bulb in my LS produces inefficient light output.
Old 02-19-03, 10:47 PM
zumiez83
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just play around with the casing

I did that mod on my '90 LS, and I just added some cut aluminum to help shield certain parts of the casing. That blocked off areas that would allow excessive glare. It still does have more glare because the reflector obviously wasn't made for HID, but I have Ultinons (dimmer), and everyone in Seattle is used to HID's.
Old 02-20-03, 06:47 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Jmai22
no they are not the same bulbs Jmai, The H3c is a plug in and the H3 requires a wire attachment of some sorts.

Rewiring your foglights to your parking lights should solve the problem with losing your fogs with a HID kit.
Old 02-21-03, 10:34 AM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by CelsiorUCF10/11
no they are not the same bulbs Jmai, The H3c is a plug in and the H3 requires a wire attachment of some sorts.

Rewiring your foglights to your parking lights should solve the problem with losing your fogs with a HID kit.

So E.........Do u know how to do it?
Old 02-23-03, 01:10 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by kenjitsou
So E.........Do u know how to do it?
You solder one of the wires from the H3c foglights to the parking lights, but which wire I do not know. You can do this by brining it to a good stereo shop and they should know.

Try Kempo in San Gabriel, they should know because they rewired my signal lights to my headlights. Im pretty sure they can do it.

Quick Reply: Do H3C H.I.D. exist?