Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

How do i get the fog lights to stay on when the High Beams are activated?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-03, 02:50 PM
Pherward
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do i get the fog lights to stay on when the High Beams are activated?

Hey guys i just got the Gourmet Garage (used to be McCulloch) HID system. I have had no problems with it and it looks great.
Does anyone know how to re-wire, or do something so that when I turn on the High Beams the fog lights will not go out?
This is for a GS 2001
Thanks for any imput.
~Pher
Old 03-06-03, 08:04 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fog lights

Fogs ar enot meant to be used in conjunction with high beams, although many people have lost sight of the fact that their lights are actually fog lights and not auxillary lights. What I mean by that is that most people are driving with their "fog" lights on all the time anyway. Why would you need/want the fogs to be on with the high beams anyway...don't you think the hi-beams coupled with your HID's would be enough?
Old 03-06-03, 09:33 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: Fog lights

Originally posted by Johnny Mo
Fogs ar enot meant to be used in conjunction with high beams, although many people have lost sight of the fact that their lights are actually fog lights and not auxillary lights. What I mean by that is that most people are driving with their "fog" lights on all the time anyway. Why would you need/want the fogs to be on with the high beams anyway...don't you think the hi-beams coupled with your HID's would be enough?
Johnny, It's never enough...
Old 03-07-03, 12:24 AM
APLUS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the guy just like the look it has, has nothing to do with the actuall brigtness gain he might obtain.
I was trying to figure out how I can ride like my brothers Mustang where his fogs and park lights are own. To me it just looks cool at night when your cruising down the strip. HID fogs + driving lights (not high beams)
Old 03-07-03, 04:57 AM
Pherward
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by APLUS
I think the guy just like the look it has, has nothing to do with the actuall brigtness gain he might obtain.
exactly. I like the look.
so once again if anyone knows how to do this please let me know.
~Pher
Old 03-07-03, 01:32 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i recently put hid's in my head and fog lights, but like u i wanted the fogs to stay on when i high beemed, what we did was run the fog hid wires to the parking light wires( since my recently put on bodykit doesn't have opening 4 side parking lights, they were eliminated). the wires of the parking lights were just taped up hanging inside the front bumper. so we used those wires to connect the fogs with hid's. so know when i high beem the fogs stay on. also did it cus with my remote start alarm when the car turns on with the parking lights its the fog hid's that come on instead. and i agree with sypher with thats its never enough, i'm also going to put a set of hid's in the high beams i know i don't really need all of them to c cus hid's in the headlights is enough to c but i wanted them 4 my personal taste. so it can b done.
Old 03-08-03, 05:20 AM
Pherward
Driver School Candidate

You have a PM

~Pher