Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

hid retrofit kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-03, 07:10 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Guys....btw.....i finally had time to clean up the install. I went to Home Depot and bought wire protectors to match the ones in the car. Looks like stock now cuz I covered all the wires up from the heat, etc....especially the wires in front of the radiator. Im happy with the outcome cuz at first glance....it doesnt look like aftermarket.

Pete
Old 03-23-03, 07:21 PM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey PHML -- I've noticed that when I first got my kit it seemed so blueish/purple and now it seems just white w/ a hint of purple at night. Am I just so used to the color?
Old 03-23-03, 07:33 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

i got some yellow fogs, i got some yellow fogs (saying with the nada nada boo boo rhyme) man its a great improvement on looks... i love the yellow fogs with the 6000k setup . you guys should pick up a set of yellow fogs. jsut as long as you guys are not in houston.. b.c thats where i am
Old 03-23-03, 07:35 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

man i need a digi cam i want to put up a signature with a pix of my car now
Old 03-24-03, 12:32 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Originally posted by brendanlim
Hey PHML -- I've noticed that when I first got my kit it seemed so blueish/purple and now it seems just white w/ a hint of purple at night. Am I just so used to the color?
Brendan -

Yah....I know what you mean....mines too. Its not sooooo bluish/purple anymore. From a distance....its totally white.....but when you get close to the housing....you can see the faint blue/purple color. I guess the bulb finally settled down a bit.....thats what they say about HID....it takes about a severa hours for it to settle down. Im still happy with it.

Pete
Old 03-24-03, 01:23 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by PHML
Guys....btw.....i finally had time to clean up the install. I went to Home Depot and bought wire protectors to match the ones in the car. Looks like stock now cuz I covered all the wires up from the heat, etc....especially the wires in front of the radiator. Im happy with the outcome cuz at first glance....it doesnt look like aftermarket.

Pete
that's cool. i am lazy and didn't relaly make it look better. but then i didn't have to run wires to battery so it looks "ok" now. if i got the kits you guys have, home depot right the way
Old 03-24-03, 01:28 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by joshoowa
i got some yellow fogs, i got some yellow fogs (saying with the nada nada boo boo rhyme) man its a great improvement on looks... i love the yellow fogs with the 6000k setup . you guys should pick up a set of yellow fogs. jsut as long as you guys are not in houston.. b.c thats where i am
hehe, there is a reason why after i got my 600k headlight, i did so quick to get yellow fogs immediately. the contrast is awesome and it's so...... lexus
Old 03-24-03, 01:29 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Brendan -

Yah....I know what you mean....mines too. Its not sooooo bluish/purple anymore. From a distance....its totally white.....but when you get close to the housing....you can see the faint blue/purple color. I guess the bulb finally settled down a bit.....thats what they say about HID....it takes about a severa hours for it to settle down. Im still happy with it.

Pete
yes yes, this is normal. it happned to mine too. i figured it should be the bulbs settling. i have seen this one two exact same kits, and my other set of 6000k bulbs
Old 03-24-03, 10:35 AM
99SHlude
Rookie

Yeah, it's 5800K. Not some crazy 7000K-12000K HID. 5000K is sunlight so it's not THAT blue/pruple. I think some of it has to do with your eyes adjusting to it. When HIDs first came out I thought they were sooo blue. But now they look yellow next to my car on the freeway . If you've seen the new 7-Series, this bulb is close to that purple color you see from afar.

Last edited by 99SHlude; 03-24-03 at 10:37 AM.
Old 05-20-03, 09:26 AM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

Hrmm ... Kind of old to ask this question but where are the TWO fuses? I only found one yellow fuse.
Old 05-20-03, 12:50 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Yo Brendan-

The two fuses you talking about is in the fuse box (long black retangle shaped) in front of the battery. It should be side-by-side (blue) 15 Amps.

Pete
Old 05-20-03, 04:18 PM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

Yo Brendan-

The two fuses you talking about is in the fuse box (long black retangle shaped) in front of the battery. It should be side-by-side (blue) 15 Amps.

Pete
The big thick black rectangle box? How do you get that open?
The only one I could find before was the small rectangle box next to that with the yellow fuse.
Old 09-19-05, 10:46 AM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this is freaken old! but I purchased Joshoowa HID's a couple of months back and finally got around to install them in my fogs .....and there not working any clue as to why ?
they dont light up ...I dont know what to do
Old 09-19-05, 11:43 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LEXISM
I know this is freaken old! but I purchased Joshoowa HID's a couple of months back and finally got around to install them in my fogs .....and there not working any clue as to why ?
they dont light up ...I dont know what to do

When you tried to turn them on did you hear a pop? When I had my HID kit in my car the way the connectors went togethor they werent in series, in other words the black wire and the red wire from the kit did not match up to the connector from the headlight, it was backwards. So I had to flip the connector plug over and tape it in place. Check it out and see if the black and red wires are backwards. If not then I dont know what to suggest
Old 09-19-05, 11:46 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
When you tried to turn them on did you hear a pop? When I had my HID kit in my car the way the connectors went togethor they werent in series, in other words the black wire and the red wire from the kit did not match up to the connector from the headlight, it was backwards. So I had to flip the connector plug over and tape it in place. Check it out and see if the black and red wires are backwards. If not then I dont know what to suggest

heres the pics of my install do you see anything wrong ?

link to pics

Quick Reply: hid retrofit kit