Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

changing hid bulb in GS

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-03 | 12:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Default changing hid bulb in GS

ok, don't ask for pics coz' my gs4 doesn't have hid so... but i will try. i have changed the hid bulbs for synergy so i know how it works. i can tell you up front, you need TONS of patience and feeling. synergy said changing these hid bulbs were even harder than changing the m6.

anyway, start with pessenger as usual coz' you have more spase. there is a big circular plastic cover. twist it counter clockwise for like 45 degrees and it comes off.

inside you will see the power connector. twist it counter clockwise again and it will come off. then you see the bulb. it's held in by two wire clips. take a look at them and you should be able to figure out how it works. unclip it. MAKE SURE you hold on to the bulb when you unclip them coz' once they are off, the bulb will start falling. carfully take the bulb out and put the new bulb in, clip it back. as usual dont' touch the glass part.

after that put the connector back in and twist clockwise. now you NEED to be very careful. first you can just feel if the connector is in already or not. you can't see anything. just feel (it took me like 10 mins to feel the right spot). when you twist it clockwise, after a while there should be a little "click". STOP, you are done already. my friend he kept on twisting and he broke off the clips on the bulbs... amazing....

now put the big circular plastic cover back, twist it clockwise, you are done. take note of the orientation of the plastic cover before you take it off. only ONE direction would it fit in.

it might sound A LOT easier here than the real deal. just be very careful and slow, patience, have another person holding a flashlight if needed (help a bit). too bad you are too far away otherwise i can just change it for you (of course free, hahaa)
Old 03-21-03 | 04:50 PM
twenty1
Lead Lap

"too bad you are too far away otherwise i can just change it for you (of course free, hahaa)"

aaah. nothin like a little salt in the wound. alright, i'm gonna give it a try. thanks.