Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

The ES300 HID project is Done! Check out the updated pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-03, 06:15 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Lightbulb The ES300 HID project is Done! Check out the updated pics

Ok guys. I've got some better shots and one I was able to fix and touch up from my digicam.
These were taken during the early evening and should give anyone looking to Retrofit HID into their ES, and idea of some results to expect.
(NOTE: Anybody here can tell you, that cameras are off and in no way capture the accuracy of the color coming from 4100K temperature lighting. So I'll be the first to tell you that the color is not green its violet turing lighter into a nice whiteish blue.)

The first three are daytime shots from today and the last is a shot taken from last night right after I finished the last light.

---ON WITH THE SHOW---

Old 05-04-03, 03:01 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats on finally finishing Mike, I bet it feels good after everything you've been through. The lights look great.
Old 05-04-03, 06:58 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Ohh yeah! It definately feels good. I commend everyone here who is bold enough to venture out and do their own retrofits. I have a tremendous amount of respect for the pros though, See_fuu, thanks for all your support answering questions and giving me price quotes last fall. Amrit50, thanks for all the tech support a man can handle. I couldn't have done this project without your help. You're a life saver. Rominl and Jmai22, thanks for all the additional support you guys give each and everyday. Thamasta3, thanks for putting the pressure on me last season to get the project underway. I remember a time where I almost gave up the idea because of fear. I hadn't even done it yet let alone gather the proper projectors that fit my car. And last but definately not least, I comment Kyle Harty for his bravery and ability to be named my partner in crime. Going through almost similar situations and frustrations that I experienced. YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT FEELS GOOD having this stuff done. I'm so glad I bit the bullet and finished everything earlier than I originally intended. I planned on doing the job tonight (like that was gonna happen) but its pouring rain and lightening and trees falling down around us. Like I said before it wasn't gonna happen.

Now the fun part. I have been turning heads all weekend. So far two girls I kinda were cool with on campus got all excited to wanna ride in my car that they kept following me begging around until I gave them a ride to where we were going . But the best part was last night at the theatre coming out of Xmen 2, this fine @zz girl kept staring at the lexball in the parking lot inspite of the fact her boyfriend (who was all over her during the entire movie) was staring at me all mean. He had a modded up orange 96 maxima with green fake @zz knock off 85 watt melt your wire bulbs. Hopefully all this attention around campus won't get me car keyed or my headlights stolen. Who ever would do that is up for a serious beatdown after all this work. I'm heading back out to enjoy the new HIDs soon as the rain stops. I'm excited guys! Now I actually wanna run errands.
V~out
Old 05-04-03, 07:48 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Nothing feels better than completing a seemingly challenging project on your car. Glad to hear the results are all in your favor... congrats on a job well done!

{BTW tiguy, does your name imply that you're a fan of the TI calculators?}
Old 05-04-03, 11:34 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Originally posted by lexusk8
Nothing feels better than completing a seemingly challenging project on your car. Glad to hear the results are all in your favor... congrats on a job well done!

{BTW tiguy, does your name imply that you're a fan of the TI calculators?}
Thanks. You should see these things in person. They're awesome. Anyone up in the Chicago area, I'll be up that way in less than 2 weeks. School's almost out so keep me posted on any meets etc. I'll be happy to come.
Mike

BTW..TIGUY99 come from some letters in my last name, the year of my highchool graduation and the fact that I'm an man. Take anyway you wish but that equals tiguy99.
L8tr
Old 05-05-03, 10:46 AM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally posted by tiguy99
But the best part was last night at the theatre coming out of Xmen 2, this fine @zz girl kept staring at the lexball in the parking lot inspite of the fact her boyfriend (who was all over her during the entire movie) was staring at me all mean. He had a modded up orange 96 maxima with green fake @zz knock off 85 watt melt your wire bulbs.
Old 05-05-03, 12:16 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

One more shot guys...

Old 05-21-04, 04:43 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Whatever happened to Kyle Harty? We were waiting on pics from your HID system (like the wall shots so we can see the beam pattern)