Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

H7 halogen-upgrade bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-03, 10:03 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Default H7 halogen-upgrade bulbs

I'm thinking of upgrading the H7 stock halogen bulbs in my '01 ES, and after some preliminary research, here are two of the brand bulbs that seem interesting: PIAA H7 Xtreme White and Razo H7 Premium White.

They're both rated at 55W (same as the stock halogen), and the color temp of the PIAA is 4150K, while that of the Razo is 4100K. I was wondering if any of you had experience with either of the bulbs, and any feedback is much appreciated.

--> I just want to say this upfront that I'm not planning to purchase an HID kit for the ES. My personal feeling is that HID is cost-efficient if the driver has trouble seeing at nighttime, and I have pretty good vision when driving at night. This is just my take, that's all
Old 05-04-03, 01:26 PM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I'd go with the Razo Premium White Zero

Razo's have been given pretty good reviews around this site. Razo Premium White Zero and Sylvania Silverstars have consisently been regarded as the top ultra-white halogens. Unfortunately, Sylvania does not yet make a SilverStar H7 bulb. (Osram, Sylvania's parent company, makes a Euro-Spec H7 SilverStar, but it's an unfiltered bulb designed for brightness, rather than white color). If you do a search for Razo, you'll find a lot of good pics.
Old 05-04-03, 02:19 PM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Doug, go with the PIAA Xtreme White. I've got them in my highs and so far so good.
I had PIAA Xtreme White H3 in my fogs. They matched color perfectly. It was about $150 total for all 4 bulbs.

The H3s are in the garage. I have been communicating with one CL member on the possibility of him taking them off my hands. With me traveling recently, the transfer has not happened yet. I will contact him and see if he is still interested. If not, I'll shoot them down to you.

sj.