yellow hid fogs, and well.... my confession

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-03, 01:26 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts
Default yellow hid fogs, and well.... my confession

yes, i am member of hid fogs now as well

well everyone knows i have 6000k hid for my gs4 headlight (actually my is3 has 6000k headlight too), and ever since i sold my acura i have always had a set of spare 6000k 9006 kit lying around doing NOTHING. i also always complain that the yellow fogs on my gs4 look so dull coz' the headlights are so bright, so i told my fiance why not making our fogs hid too.

first of all, yes i know 6000k hid on yellow fogs is stupid, but i think getting another set of normal 4100k kit is even worse

anyway, this project actually started on the memorial day weekend, mezoom! could be my witness. that day i put on the kit. i put on the pessenger side, no problem. then i put on the driver side, but for some reason i decided to take off the bulbs on my pessenger side first.... bad move. as soon as i told my gf to turn on the light i figured something was wrong, but before i could scream i already heard some electrical sparks sound... argh... then a pop on the fuse...... great......

well.... found out the fuse for the fogs, 15amp, changed it to a new one, put back halogen bulbs, hey it still works, good..... so i put in the pessenger hid again, fingers crossed, hey it still worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay! (i was so afraid i killed the ballast). then i put on the driver side, making sure that the pessenger side is hooked up, turn on the light, POP, killed the 15amp fuse again!

now i was all confused. after some thinking (i ran out of time that weekend anyway), yesterday i pop in a 20amp fuse, turned it on, and YAY it's working fine!!!!!!!!!!

so yes, that's my little journey on the hid fogs. it's really bright let me tell you. i don't have pics at all though, sorry about that, but look at my sig. it's photoshop job, but if anything my hid headlights and fogs look pretty close to what it's showing. trust me, from a distance you know that's my car

and yeah, so much about being lighting forum moderator... turning on the hid without putting in the bulb, so dumb...
Old 06-09-03, 02:28 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Rominl -

Don't be so hard on yourself. Afterall, we are all human....mistakes happen. Main thing is you learn from it.

Keep up the great work as Lighting Forum Moderator.

Pete
Old 06-09-03, 08:29 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by PHML
Rominl -

Don't be so hard on yourself. Afterall, we are all human....mistakes happen. Main thing is you learn from it.

Keep up the great work as Lighting Forum Moderator.

Pete
hehe thanks at least the ballast didn't blow, that's a very good news i have to say
Old 06-09-03, 08:48 AM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At least you didn't get brendanlim's weird lighting problem.
Old 06-09-03, 11:30 AM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by siniquezu
Oh thank you so much

Congrats rom!
Old 06-09-03, 07:34 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

lol lmao. Hey brendan, I gave you a 10. You know what i mean. hahha
Old 06-09-03, 07:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

haha that's mean!

but for others, it's amazing. if you think 6000k headlight is hot, you should see that with hid fogs. very balance and sweet looking
Old 06-09-03, 08:27 PM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by brendanlim
Oh thank you so much
No offense brendan, I'm just joking around. I'm seriously interested in what's going on with that bizarre lamp of yours. Did you check it at night yet?

Rom, get some pics.

Last edited by siniquezu; 06-09-03 at 08:28 PM.
Old 06-09-03, 09:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

No offense brendan, I'm just joking around. I'm seriously interested in what's going on with that bizarre lamp of yours. Did you check it at night yet?

Rom, get some pics.
yes, i will. two weeks from now it's the carson meet. i will be there for a major debut of my car, you guys will see pics
Old 06-09-03, 09:59 PM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

Rom, get some pics.
Oh none taken bud My friend is always out and I can't get in touch with him AGAIN until tomorrow to swap bulbs at night time. His kit works fine for him. We tried the bulbs during daytime and it seemed fine but I was quick to fully look. Night time should show the full results. If it's not these bulbs, it's my
battery and if so then I will feel pretty bad for the trouble I put Jason through.

SouthernSunGS: LOL

Rom! Pics my brothah! Where they at
Old 06-13-03, 01:02 PM
zmatrix
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey rominl, doesn't the fog use smaller bulbs? if not what would I need to get to have super bright yellows too

Last edited by zmatrix; 06-13-03 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-13-03, 01:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by zmatrix
hey rominl, doesn't the fog use smaller bulbs? if not what would I need to get to have super bright yellows too
nop, 9006 is 9006, that's it the hid bulb i have with 9006 base fits right in no problem at all, so you are fine i tried putting superwhite in the fogs housing, it was a bit brighter but compare to what i get now with real hid, it's night and day. it's still very yellow from any angle now, but it's pure BRIGHT yellow. i will try to see if i am able to catch some pics with hid bulbs on one side and halogen on the other (it's always tricky when you take pics with LIGHT), but i have seen it, and i was like omg!

and brendan, dont' worry, like i said, 6/21 would be a BIG day for my car, stay tuned