Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Stock lights to Factory HID Lights Info please

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-03, 10:21 PM
chaskim
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock lights to Factory HID Lights Info please

Does anyone know if I can take my Stock lights and get factory hid headlights to make them work? Is there any wiring involved? Is it just a matter of some wires or alot of wires? Has anyone done it?

Am I better off just getting the Catz HIDs or nothing ay all?

Any help would be great? Can you believe that Lexus doesn't ahve a tech line for customers!!?!?!?

Chaskim
Old 06-14-03, 10:45 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if wouyld be much easier(and CHEAPER) to get the catz(or any other good aftermarket) HID kits
Old 06-14-03, 11:19 PM
AROD
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He's right I'm going that route. I've been researching a way to get the new headlights with the HID
but some say It won't work with the computer part of the lights. I don't know so I'm playing it safe and going aftermarket. Good luck if you find out different let me know.
Old 06-14-03, 11:55 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Stock lights to Factory HID Lights Info please

Originally posted by chaskim
Does anyone know if I can take my Stock lights and get factory hid headlights to make them work? Is there any wiring involved? Is it just a matter of some wires or alot of wires? Has anyone done it?

Am I better off just getting the Catz HIDs or nothing ay all?

Any help would be great? Can you believe that Lexus doesn't ahve a tech line for customers!!?!?!?

Chaskim

First off HID lights are great. I'll never go back to halogen lights again! Search the posts in the lighting section and you'll find all the info you need about HID kits.

The only benefit of getting the entire factory HID setup would be that the HID housings are built specifically to handle the HID lights, so you'll get a good beam pattern. That being said, purchasing the entire assemblies new from Lexus is pretty expensive...I think around $1000 per side.

Others on the board have aftermarket HID kits that look really great (especially the 6000k systems). Oh yeah, the factory HID's have the auto-leveling system, but that option is not available as a retrofit, since all the wiring is done at the factory. However, as long as you properly aim the lights, you shouldn't have a problem w/ blinding on-coming traffic.
Old 06-15-03, 12:01 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: Re: Stock lights to Factory HID Lights Info please

Originally posted by INHOCJP
First off HID lights are great. I'll never go back to halogen lights again! Search the posts in the lighting section and you'll find all the info you need about HID kits.

The only benefit of getting the entire factory HID setup would be that the HID housings are built specifically to handle the HID lights, so you'll get a good beam pattern. That being said, purchasing the entire assemblies new from Lexus is pretty expensive...I think around $1000 per side.

Others on the board have aftermarket HID kits that look really great (especially the 6000k systems). Oh yeah, the factory HID's have the auto-leveling system, but that option is not available as a retrofit, since all the wiring is done at the factory. However, as long as you properly aim the lights, you shouldn't have a problem w/ blinding on-coming traffic.
INHOCJP -

Great summary.

Chaskim -

Check out the lighting section.

Pete