Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

6000K phillips ordered

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-03 | 07:56 AM
Toysrme
Lead Lap

Cool 6000K phillips ordered

Oughta be in tuesday or wednesday. $489 shipped 2 day fed-up with insurance. Of everyone I contacted (about the ban as seen in that post) I simply picked the person that had the best customer service.

Will update with some pics asap.

Last edited by Toysrme; 08-16-03 at 07:57 AM.
Old 08-16-03 | 10:31 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

congrats, take some pics
Old 08-17-03 | 09:44 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Default Re: 6000K phillips ordered

Originally posted by Toysrme
Oughta be in tuesday or wednesday. $489 shipped 2 day fed-up with insurance. Of everyone I contacted (about the ban as seen in that post) I simply picked the person that had the best customer service.

Will update with some pics asap.
Who did you order from?
Old 08-18-03 | 06:01 PM
Toysrme
Lead Lap

Cool

Ken from kwimports.com.

Nice guy, out of the around dozen venders of the phillips kit, he provided the quickest responce and the best answers to my general question. I do believe he also just had a small pricedrop. $470-something shiped USPS First class.

Don't hold me too it, I do believe it was him that told me that in an email. Actually I deleted the email after I read it so heh... Forget I even mentioned anything! Not too bad IMHO. Afew better deals, but I went with who got back quickest and the most heh... I figure if you want my biz, act like it

On an unrelated subject, if I get some of the colored windshield fluid nosle wiper led housings from him while I buy some stuff to do a tune up on another project; will I be strung up and shot by the forum?

I'm all for "Too each, his own" and defend it, but I figure I'd ask before getting too ricey heh. I've allways seen them and though "yeah those are neat", instead of "wow those damned rice eaters".
Old 08-18-03 | 06:57 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Ken from kwimports.com.

Nice guy, out of the around dozen venders of the phillips kit, he provided the quickest responce and the best answers to my general question. I do believe he also just had a small pricedrop. $470-something shiped USPS First class.

Don't hold me too it, I do believe it was him that told me that in an email. Actually I deleted the email after I read it so heh... Forget I even mentioned anything! Not too bad IMHO. Afew better deals, but I went with who got back quickest and the most heh... I figure if you want my biz, act like it

On an unrelated subject, if I get some of the colored windshield fluid nosle wiper led housings from him while I buy some stuff to do a tune up on another project; will I be strung up and shot by the forum?

I'm all for "Too each, his own" and defend it, but I figure I'd ask before getting too ricey heh. I've allways seen them and though "yeah those are neat", instead of "wow those damned rice eaters".

Cool, did he offer a good warranty?
Old 08-18-03 | 07:58 PM
Toysrme
Lead Lap

Ughhh going to his site turns up "We offer a 1 year warranty. Should the ballasts or bulbs ever stop functioning, simply return them to us and we will replace them. An incorrect installation or mishandling of the bulbs voids this warranty."

Normally I wouldn'y even consider answering such a question, eh...

Last edited by Toysrme; 08-18-03 at 07:59 PM.
Old 08-18-03 | 09:16 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Hey guys,

That guy is my source as well. If any of you guys order from him, please tell him BRYAN referred you. Thanks

Last edited by Wald GS; 08-24-03 at 10:09 AM.
Old 08-18-03 | 10:21 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

I wouldn't string you up and shoot you, but my opinion has always been much more to the "rice" side than neat. IMO, leave them for the Civics; but like you said to each his own.

Congrats on the light purchase, you'll love them. I think my HID's are the best decision I've made on the car, look great and the lighting is phenomenal. You'll wonder why you didn't do it earlier.
Old 08-19-03 | 07:57 PM
Toysrme
Lead Lap

Yeah. On the above, not to hold that reseller on a high horse against forum rules or anything... I jsut had good service from him that stood out slightly above everyone elses.

The Silverstars were about the best thing $40 can do for lighting; they put the car atleast ON the "Night-time driveability scale". They just weren't enough and I've seen some 6000-7000K bulbs floating around here and there and loved the color. (really I think people with old 6K ulbs that have changed color temp heh...) Note because I got 9005's in the lowbeams now, they'll go straight to the highbeams so no wasted money on my end!

Anyways... The shipping got held up because of all the power problems yall are having up there Which is ironically like the time I ordered computer parts from Australia and the dock workers in LA went on strike for two weeks... Lemmie just say if that had happened in Mobile Alabama, our National Gaurd would have put *someone* back to work the next day. Instead of putting the rest of the country three to four weeks behind where they need to be
Old 08-28-03 | 12:16 PM
Toysrme
Lead Lap

Cool

Allright, I've had the kit on for a couple days. All I can say is WoW!!!

Anywhos... I've ran into a problem. The passangers side lowbeam is waaaay far off. (It was off with the silverstars, but not this bad)

It's shooting half way into the lane to the right! It wont respond to the horizontal adjustments at all. The highbeam dose respond... It's not the bulb in wrong... I've swapped it out to the silverstar, to the 9005 highbeam and to the original 9006 bulbs. Same problem, just not quite as far over.

Here's the catch... if I push on the low beam projector to move it to the right place with my hand, the high beam projector moves also. So we know that the link is OK...

I need suggestions LoL!
And please one other than "Just shim the low beam till it's in the right place."

Pics to follow next week... My digi cam sucks and my girlfriend is on a vacation with hers...
Old 08-29-03 | 09:52 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

The passenger headlight adjuster must be stripped. I have the same problem, but its the driver side light. My driver side light aims to middle right and the passenger side aims straight. This was not a big deal with my silverstars, but after installing the HID kit, wow, it's totally noticeable.]

My reccomendation would be to try to move the pieces that attach to the headlight which the adjusters are attached to. Basically try to move the big objects which move the headlight big time. I hope you are not confused. If you are let me know.

Bryan
Old 08-29-03 | 03:07 PM
Toysrme
Lead Lap

Cool

Yeah, I saw what you were talking about early this morning after I got in from work.

I broke the little adjuster cap off... Found a worn out socket that would fit and went back to it... Then the "aiming device" broke off. LoL! Ah well... My guess is you're correct in that the bolt or whatever is no longer attached to the gimbal like thing that moves them (I can't think of the terminoligy).; atleast not correctly. I can turn the bolt and see the pair of projectors buck slightly, but they just right back where they were.

I forget the name of it, but I borrowed what looks like a sissors jack, but is many times smaller. I'll try and use that to get some pressure on the plate by the horizontal bolt.

On a side note; I knew it was off with the silverstar bigtime. I just flipped the bulb in the socket to dim down the brightspot.

Ah well, if anyone else has any ideas, feel free to throw them out LoL!
Old 09-01-03 | 04:34 AM
Toysrme
Lead Lap

Cool

<sigh< ok... I couldn't find the problem looking... Guess I'm going to have to take the entire mother f'ing think out of the car.

Anything special or of note before I just start unbolting things and pulling???